Circumcision

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lellelind, Jan 2, 2003.

1. lellelind

lellelind Member

I know this is out of topic but I have to ask you anyway: How come a majority of the American men are cut? Why? What for ??? I just don't get it :-[

I'm Swedish and uncut. It's very unusual to be cut for a Swedish man.

2. Imported

Gold Member

Finedessert: Lellelind: Look at it this way, The Doctor is in the delivery room so rather than just stand in the corner pulling his pudd he might just as well do something else with his hands. He's already made a bundle delivering the baby so why not add a little more to the bottom line when he hands his bill to Daddy.

In other words my friend It's the money!

Grandpa

3. Imported

Gold Member

Alligator_Jack: isnt it so it doesnt get infected?

4. lellelind

lellelind Member

Alligator_Jack: What does get infected? The foreskin? If so: I never had an infection in my foreskin (36 yo) and I never heard of that. I find it hard to believe that the foreskin can get an infection in these days as we have running water and soap.

5. Imported

Gold Member

Alligator_Jack: no, i meant like if you dont clean it regularly

6. lellelind

lellelind Member

Alligator_Jack: That's what I meant too. We all have to clean the penis every day just like the rest of the body. No matter if cut or uncut.

7. Imported

Gold Member

HotRodRich69: why wouldn't u clean it regularly? i mean i clean it like 7times when i'm in the shower. lol laidher

8. lellelind

lellelind Member

HotRodRich69: I take it as you're a "fast cleaner" :)

I need at least 40 strokes with the sope before I cleaned out "the mess from inside the body" ;)

9. Imported

Gold Member

Alligator_Jack: is it so noticable you have to clean? cause i know some kids get infections, so id have to assume thats why not everyone cleans, but is it obvious?

10. Imported

Gold Member

hung: I am a citizen of the United States and was never cut. I do recall that I was not normal when in High School and Junior High when we had to shower after gym class. I never had a problem with being different and I am very happy and content that I was never cut. My own Son is also natural. Never had a problem with cleaniness, even with the Saturday night bath routine way back when prior to indoor plumbing. Maybe because as a teen I rubbed it a lot.

11. Imported

Gold Member

felipe: Circumcision became the norm in the States as a way to keep young men 'clean' in more ways than just one. There was some dubious evidence at the time that being cut was more hygenic: less infections, etc., but it was also linked to venereal diseases, lack of morality, masturbation, homosexuality...you name it. The Victorians started the fashion as a 'cure' for masturbation: more radical was castration and complete neutring of adolescent boys. The belief was that it was better to be neutered (complete removal of testicles and penis) than to degenerate into a moraless subhuman.

Sounds funny and unbelievable now, but it is true. The world was once terrified that masturbation was going to destroy the future. Just lokk at Dr Kellogg, all he did was try to eradicate jacking off, he believed taht a healthy breakfast, ie., cornflakes, were part of the solution.

12. Imported

Gold Member

Aussie9: It's mainly a cultural thing. In Europe the majorty of guys are not circumcized whereas in Arab countries, USA, Canada and Australia it the norm. When I went to boarding school I seem to remember that there was only one boy who was not cut.

Native aboriginal tribes in Australia have been practicing circumcision for thousands of years as have African tribes - so there is nothing revolutionary or new in the practice. I suspect a practical preventative health measure in hot climates has a lot to do with it.

13. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

There is a theory that ritual circumcision by the Jews, Arabs and Ethiopians was in origin a sort of 'desert survival' hygienic measure that was labeled as a decree by God in order to make the idea acceptable to those who would otherwise have been reluctant to have someone hacking the skin off their wienies. It sounds plausible to me.

14. jonb

Gold Member

Well, it couldn't simply be for deserts or hot climates; it didn't evolve at all in the western hemisphere, which has more than enough deserts and hot climates.

It seems a weird practice, when you think about it.

15. Imported

Gold Member

lilAmy: In African tribes they do both male and female circumcision the boys do it in a great ceremony they say if they cry they are weak and when they do it t gets them ready to take me pain of warrior which they will one day be.

They do it in private with girls they cut off the clitoris and sew up the vulva to prevent premarital sex.

16. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1041534562;start=0#13 date=01/05/03 at 14:25:45]Well, it couldn't simply be for deserts or hot climates; it didn't evolve at all in the western hemisphere, which has more than enough deserts and hot climates.[/quote]

I didn't mean that all desert-dwelling peoples in all hot climates would approach the situation in the same way. But it does make sense that a nation destined to wander forty years in the desert with precious little water to drink would find an alternative to wasting water to wash under the foreskin.

17. Imported

Gold Member

felipe: European and United States's way of male circumcision has nothing cultural about it, except for those religions that have always practiced it. It was imposed as a way of preventing masturbation and general moral decay (homosexuality etc.,). It was introduced with vengeance with the Victorians and was one ofthe more extreme ways of preventing the nasty solitary habit: other measures included special restraints in the boy's sleeping garments, spiked cockrings (ones where the spikes faced inwards, so when the boy got a hardon, the pain was so intense and he woke up), and ultimately castration. The belief that circumcision 'cured' masturbation and homosexuality made the practice very common, and the surgical practice became 'medicalised' in the sense that doctors gave it backing as a physical and spiritual cleansing practice.

Female circumcision is not what is described here: it refers t the removal of the clitoral hood, the clitoris's foreskin. This is done for reasons like having a very thick foreskin, etc., and some woman have it done so that they get more sexual stimulation. The removal of the clitoris and/or the labia (inner and/or outer) is not female circumcision, rather it is called ablation. This is done in certain countries (not all African tribes do this..this is incorrect) and is done to prevent the woman from having sex before marriage and also to enjoy sex. It is not comparable to male circumcision, as male circumcision has nothing to do with limiting male sexual satisfaction whereas feamle ablation is about subjecting women to men's pleasure and use.

18. jonb

Gold Member

That would make sense, DMW.

19. Imported

Gold Member

pokjbv: I wish I could laugh about this, I was cut and hate it. My brother is older and was not cut, my dad is Irish and saw no need for it. When I was born the doctor said I suffered from phemosis, a condition in which the opening is too small for the head to come out, can result in strangulation of the tip of the penis. He assured my folks that I would have a PARTIAL circumsizion but the jerk that performed the brutal act took just about all the skin I had. I am sure that is why I am now curved, from scarring after a botched cut job.

Now you want to know the real reason I was cut? It is called Dr. Aulxnise's boat payment (and his Buick too,) it was a slow month and there was no medical welfare for doctors in '58. Medicine in the US has been trying for 100 years to figure out how to get more money out of people and this was one of the tactics, just that simple.

20. jonb

Gold Member

Ah, phimosis: One of the biggest medical myths in America. Most children can't pull back the skin at first. It separates over time. Fathers, don't force it back, and tell them to pull it as far back as comfortable.

Draft saved Draft deleted