Circumcision

lellelind

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yes, Phimosis is one of the greatest lies when it comes to circumsision on infants. No one can tell if a new born boy has Phimosis. The foreskin is most often attatched to the lower part of the glans the first years. I was about 12 yo when my foreskin got fully separated from the corona.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course, now foreskin restoration surgery is a reality. If you don't like the fact that you're cut, this option is now available. It is considerably less painful than adult circumcision. Of course it costs money, but we're talking about the cock that you have to live with for the rest of your life. Why not have one that makes you happy?

lellelind

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
DoubleMeatWhopper: That's true! No one can restore a cut foreskin to it's fully because no one can have the nerve ends grov back once they were cut. And no one can get that soft and smooth skin (what do you call it?) on the inside of the FS to come back.

Did you know that 20 to 30 percent of the sensation is cut away as the foreskin is cut?

Did you know that another 30 percent of the sensation is lost as the skin of the glans grows thicker when there is no covering foreskin?

Did you also know that infections comes from bad hygien and that a bad soap can give you smega and fungus under the foreskin?

I'm very sure that no surgeon in the US tells the parents this! The surgeon needs the money! That's it!

pokjbv: Ahhhh DMW....you are correct that it is available. It is not for the faint of heart though, aside from the fact that they charge a thousand to remove the skin and 4 thousand to replace it later, there is the scar that is left. Also, they take skin from the butt, or thigh and sew it onto the penis and it just does not look the same as good old dick skin which we all know has a very unique texture, silky and elastic. Also, they can add skin to the shaft so that at the tip it hopefully rolls over the head from pure excess, but they cannot reconstruct the attachment to the glans, in short it does not work the way foreskin should work. If they could restore it properly I would be first in line, but part of life is learning to get along with what you have. Like the prayer says..."lord grant me the serenity to accept that which I cannot change..." and at least for now I cannot change the shape or construction of my penis. What I can change, I hope is the attitude of others about hacking their kids dicks apart without thinking about it first. This is why I posted in the first place.

Same goes for some of the other threads, like those that want a larger size, I for one am skeptical when I see a guy say that he wishes his dick was smaller, but to each his own, I would trade my 8 inches for 11 any day, but the pills do not work and are probably dangerous besides expensive. Pumps are temorary and may do extesive damage over time. Jelqing might help, but same mechanical process as pumps, so look for long-term damage.

If you are straight, and have a son, please think about not cutting off the foreskin. It serves no purpose and the psychological reprecussions later are not worth it.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Circumcision in America started as a way to stop masturbation. And yet, they do NOTHING about dihydrogen monoxide. :D

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, now that I think about it,I believe that the reconstructed foreskins that I have seen were done for cosmetic purposes rather than for functionality. But I have seen some good work that visually escapes detection. The only way I knew these dudes used to be cut is that I had seen the original product. The finished jobs looked like natural, uncircumcised cocks, so the guys at least got the look they were going for.

Td0t: DMW, I think your comment raises an interesting question. What are cut men attempting to restore, the look, or the functionality, and in which takes precedence?

jjdov26: here's a question I've never heard asked or answered.

does a circumcised or uncircumcised penis feel differently to a woman during actual sex (i.e. - while he is humping her). Could a woman tell a difference in a cut or uncut dick during actual intercourse or do they both feel the same inside? If they feel differently, how?

Icarus213: That's an interesting question, JJ. I would have to be a woman to know the answer, though.

Going way back to felipe's post, that is totally not true. Circumsicion was not imposed in Europe or the US to curb sexuality and keep people repressed (I hate those interpretations of history where everyone in the past was supposedly psychologically oppressed by governments and churches, but for some unexplained reason the majority of people never had a problem with it). It grew out of Jewish tradition that, like many other things, carried over into Christian culture as well. Now it doesn't hold the same meaning, but it did at one time. No parent gave birth and said, "let's keep the guy from masturbating, let's clip him." It just grew out of tradition and continues to this day.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Icaraus..

I think Felipe went to the same sex education classes and saw the same videos that i did. I remember in middle school we used to ask each other if he had eaten his bran flakes...if so, he could go jerk off without becoming a sex-crazed pervert. I also seem to remember that in the past five years, there was a program on Biography or the History Channel on Kellog and his campaign against sexual corruption and for circumcision.

The reason that I still eat lots of bran is so I can jerk off without becoming a pervert....or at least, not too much of one. ;D

jay

Icarus213: Point taken, Jay. Of course, I realize campaigns like those existed and still do in different countries and social circles. I objected to the assertion that being circumsized as a social norm resulted from them.

Finedessert: JAY: I think I'll stick to Rice Crispies, I've gottin used to the Snap (getting hard)--Crackle (hand job)--and Pop at the end. :D

Grandpa

pokjbv: All good replies so far, thanks for the levity Grandpa, you can always be counted upon to keep it light! The campaign of Mr. Kellog was real, he established many fad cures for many things. I wonder how he expected to end perversion though when his biggest peeve was an unclean colon, he advocated and administered, even built what we would call spas, just for enemas, sounds like an invitation to erection to me.

History is full of such oddities that are often swept under the rug for convenience or out of sheer embarrassement, but the argument that circumcision is strictly a jewish import that arrived in caucasion Europe with christianity is not correct. Gentiles were never held to jewish standards of purity, thus we need not consume kosher goods. If so we would not see pagan ritual incorporated into western Christianity, no Christmas trees. We never had to be circumcised either, and it was very rarely performed till Victorian England. Even then it did not catch on well throughout Europe, and was soon abandoned. Only in the USA did it really become widespread, nearly universal. Austrailia also seems to have peaked at about 50%, but the practice is in swift decline everywhere.

I stand by my earlier assertion that it was and is an economic phenomenon that amounts to greed in the medical world. It is no accident that both germs and antiseptic practices were both discovered in Victorian times; prior to these discoveries circumcision meant death from infection in a significant number of boys who were too young to have well developed immune systems. This is why cultures, like the Jewish that circumcise either gender wait till puberty to perform them, higher survival rates owing to intact immunity. The discovery of antiseptics and especially antibiotics really gave a huge boost to the practice here.

As far as Victorian motive goes, circumcision was a symbol of cutting off the male parts, his sexuality, and the practice of that goes on every day in a million ways with America leading the pack, especially in advertising. If they could get away with it they would just lop off the entire package at birth and turn us all into replicas of little plastic Ken dolls, but reproduction is also an economic necessity. Well, unless those babies really are clones, watch out if they are, it will mean the end of sex, since sex will have outlived it's last utility.

I also believe that this is the reason big penises pose such a threat to the "establishment." A ken doll is masculine yet with no genitals, and the smaller a dick is the more acceptible it is, ideally when clothed you should show no hint of sex organs, and some dress codes require this - using text to the effect that good taste will always take precedence. I do not know about the rest of you but I am not playing that game anymore, and if I could find and afford a reasonable restoration of my skin I would do it. ;D :mad:

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I'm "clipped" and..... I too--- RESENT IT! :mad:
The most disturbing thing about my plight (and so many guys from my generation and even the infants of today is that none of us had any say in the matter!)

I am convinced that I miss out on some of the "super sensitivity" now gone forever in what was taken along with the foreskin.

Guys...I've read all your posts, thusfar. Great info, too!
(Some) restoration is possible--(i.e. surgery, "taping" which takes forever and gently encourages the skin to grow over the glans over a VERY long time!) and yet--all of these efforts will NEVER fully restore the delicate, nerve-rich tissue removed in early life. It's a real shame. :'(

And, before some MD out there finally chimes in here--I realize there are genuine health conditions whereby at least a dorsal slit or partial circumcision would be absolutely necessary....those would be the exceptions. But, I would think that even those procedures could still probably leave SOME foreskin!

jjdov26: I am a 26 year old circumcised guy. done at birth

I personally have never understood why so many people are obsessed with the fact that they are circumcised.

My penis gives me pleasure; and it gives women pleasure.

I am happy to be circumcised.

I think my dick looks good.

Reactions: rayray

pokjbv: To each his own JJ, and it is good that your mind is at rest in this matter, but do not chastise those that are not at rest with this issue because to us it is a sensless crime to butcher the genitals of babies with NO good reason. You say you get pleasure and give it too so I am happy for you that yours was not botched. Fine, so do I give and recieve pleasure even though my dick was mutilated by a circumcision that was not performed correctly, but that does not vindicate the people that hacked up my penis. If you knew how many boys lost their genitals each year to bad circumcisions would you still think it OK? Do you know how many die in a year from it? What if it had been you, or your son? I can do nothing about it and will also rest once it is off my chest, but can we not all agree to try to put a stop to needless circumcision? Take the number and tone of the posts about the issue as a clue that we are not all happy to be cut. I will really be happy about it when the cutting of a penis here draws the same outrage as tribal female circumcision in Africa does. If you really think ripping the foreskin from the body is a good idea then let men do this, when they are 18 and can consent to control of their bodies. Until then parents should be custodians to protect their kids and no reasonable argument can end in approval of slicing the dick open except for bona fide medical urgency. Same goes for religious reasons, if you must have no foreskin to sit at God's table then by all means remove it, but when you are 18. I believe this is the last I will post on the subject, makes me to angry.

jjdov26: that's cool lellelind. I mean, if yours was botched, then surly you have something to complain about.

All i was trying to say was that me and all my friends are circumcised, and we have not had anything to complain about. I have never met a fellow in real life who had a problem with it. Only on the net, where it is some sort of anti-circumcision religion.

How exactly was yours botched? I mean, is your penis actually deformed, or are you calling a circumcision in general a deformalty?

lellelind

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
jjdov26: Ofcourse you and your frieds don't have anything to complain about! You wouldn't know what to complain about since you were cut from birth.

I believe that circumsision and unhappiness about it is something that you seldom talk about. It's not an issue to discuss just like parents don't speak to their children about sex and things like that (in the US).