Circumcision

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm still waiting for circumcision advocates to answer the questions I posed. If you actually have a valid stance on the issue, please answer.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 27 2005, 08:28 PM
I'm still waiting for circumcision advocates to answer the questions I posed. If you actually have a valid stance on the issue, please answer.
[post=355984]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't expect one. Circumcision is not logical.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I'm not a circumcision advocate. But I'll say this -- it's possible that some do have what they consider to be "valid" arguments but are not interested in a bitter argument. I mean, do you guys believe that someone could actually have pro-circumcision argument that was valid?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Matthew@Oct 27 2005, 07:00 PM
Well, I'm not a circumcision advocate. But I'll say this -- it's possible that some do have what they consider to be "valid" arguments but are not interested in a bitter argument. I mean, do you guys believe that someone could actually have pro-circumcision argument that was valid?
[post=356056]Quoted post[/post]​
Granted. But they did consider it valid enough to stomp their feet and say "just 'cause I say so" but obviously it is not valid enough to answer a few simple questions. I am not the one that brought "bitter" into the discussion.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Matthew@Oct 28 2005, 01:00 AM
[post=356056]Quoted post[/post]​

To be honest, I am hoping to find a valid pro-circ argument. It would help me give slightly more respect to the people who circumcise babies. But I have yet to find one..

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by robertomuro@Oct 27 2005, 08:03 PM
To be honest, I am hoping to find a valid pro-circ argument. It would help me give slightly more respect to the people who circumcise babies. But I have yet to find one..
[post=356066]Quoted post[/post]​
Same here, roberto, although I am actually more looking for a logical argument than a valid one. In a twisted sort of way, "because I said so" is valid, but it is not logical until it can withstand questioning and examination. But as you say, I have yet to find one. That really tells the truth about the pro arguments.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by sobeluver@Oct 29 2005, 05:44 AM
Danm man take a deep breath its not that serious its simple and easy i got one. If you should be making a big deal out of anything it should be getting your balls cut off. :wow:
[post=356465]Quoted post[/post]​
I think you have missed the whole point of this thread, it's not a question of whether or not it is simple and easy. It's a question of the ethics and morality of body modification performed on someone who can't say yes or no to the procedure.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by sobeluver@Oct 29 2005, 11:44 AM

Danm man take a deep breath its not that serious its simple and easy i got one. If you should be making a big deal out of anything it should be getting your balls cut off. :wow:
[post=356465]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup, they used to castrate boys as well. Normally the ones with good voices and of course no one saw anything wrong with that then as well. Luckily times have changed. But as DC_DEEP has already said, you have completely missed the point. It's doesn't matter how "simple" the operation is. Not that any operation is without possible complications and this is no exception.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KNOB@Oct 29 2005, 03:01 PM
The answer to all of your questions, at least in my opinion, is that circumcision is barbaric and sadistic. This practice is body modification extreme (BME).
[post=356547]Quoted post[/post]​
Heheheh, like I said... none of the advocates is willing or able to step up to the plate.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, 150's about 1/2330. How many friends did you say? I'll keep it to four and you'll see the problem with your argument, namely that, assuming you don't pick and choose friends by their IQ, that's only one in THIRTY TRILLION odds.

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Oct 30 2005, 04:16 AM
Actually, 150's about 1/2330. How many friends did you say? I'll keep it to four and you'll see the problem with your argument, namely that, assuming you don't pick and choose friends by their IQ, that's only one in THIRTY TRILLION odds.
[post=356655]Quoted post[/post]​

Was going to comment on the same thing but thought some things are just not worth commenting on.. Interesting way to try and give more credit to your point of view by stating that everyone in your group are geniuses..

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Oct 30 2005, 05:55 PM
I've noticed that "smart" people are often pretty stupid.
[post=356793]Quoted post[/post]​

Perhaps but are those not the people who tell you they are smart? I have seen the same thing in different fields. Nothing worse than the people who have 50 different certificates/degrees or whatever and are useless but they make sure to display them or tell you whereas the guys who say nothing are generally far more capable.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I actually encountered a troll the other day who said black students scored six standard deviations below the mean. I wish I were making that up. LOL

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Oct 31 2005, 04:30 AM
I actually encountered a troll the other day who said black students scored six standard deviations below the mean. I wish I were making that up. LOL
[post=356939]Quoted post[/post]​

That would give them an average IQ of about 20? Hmm, that would make them less intelligent than some chimps I've seen. Maybe this guy was looking at his own score instead?

husky14620

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Matthew@Oct 21 2005, 02:51 PM
Well, I guess I'll jump into the hornet's nest, why not.

I am circumsized and don't consider myself "mutilated." My cock works fine and does everything I want and need it to do. I am content with myself, my quality of life is reasonably good. What's bad about it has nothing to do with my lack of foreskin. I have a little bit of curiosity about what it would be like to have a foreskin, but not too much. I'll never experience it; add that to the long list of things I'll never experience in this life.

I am not angry at my parents for having me circumsized. Obviously I would be if they had amputated an arm or leg (!). I wouldn't be able to say many of the things I said in the previous paragraph. I respect that some people feel super strongly on this issue. But in all honesty, I feel the comparison between circumcision and amputation of a limb or female circumcision (meaning removal of the clitoris) is hyperbolic.

That said, if I were uncircumsized I'm sure I would also be happy with my dick and would not choose to get circumsized later in life. Similarly, if I had a male child I would probably not have him circumsized for some of the reasons that anti-circumsision folks have mentioned.
[post=353942]Quoted post[/post]​

I will take the opposite stance, as I am circumsized, and I DO feel mutilated.
My parents chose to mutilate me as an infant. The "fact" that I don't "remember" it has nothing to do with it. I "remember" it every time I take a piss. I "remember" it every time I get laid. I "remember" it every time I masturbate. The most sensitive parts of my most sensitive body part were permanently removed, and the remaining sensitivity was ruined by years of exposure.

As for the religious argument, do parents have a right for forcibly impose their religious beliefs on their children?

As for the monetary costs, there should be NO insurance coverage for the procedure, nor for any of the follow up or complications. Why should I pay premiums for insurance that subsidizes this mutilation? Since insurance premiums spread the medical costs to all the subscribers, that is exactly what I am being forced to do.

"Routine" infant circumcision should be outlawed. Let the parents convince an ADULT child that he should be cut to look like daddy.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by robertomuro+Oct 31 2005, 08:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robertomuro &#064; Oct 31 2005, 08:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Oct 31 2005, 04:30 AM
[post=356939]Quoted post[/post]​

That would give them an average IQ of about 20? Hmm, that would make them less intelligent than some chimps I&#39;ve seen. Maybe this guy was looking at his own score instead?
[post=357113]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
10, actually. The standard deviation of most IQ tests is 15. Some use 16, in which case the average would be 4.