Circumcision???????

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well im grown now and have be thinking about this very subject almost all my life. im thinking about Circumcision in the near future for me.

You'd be better off learning to understand your body dysmorphic disorder.
If you don't, one circumcision may not be enough, just like one nose job was not enough for Michael Jackson. It's an obsession. It's coming from fear, not from love.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You'd be better off learning to understand your body dysmorphic disorder.
If you don't, one circumcision may not be enough, just like one nose job was not enough for Michael Jackson. It's an obsession. It's coming from fear, not from love.

That's not what BDD is. BDD is not a diagnosis I think should be thrown around. BDD is an irrational, insatiable insecurity with one's own body. The people who get circumcised multiple times because it's never tight enough for them are probably BDD. But you're making a slippery slope argument that assumes everyone has the chance to feel that way. Most almost certainly don't.

People can have preferences for their own body (wanting to be circumcised, wishing they weren't, whatever) without suffering delusions of dysmorphia. I think this is just as unfounded as the idea that resenting RIC is unreasonable.

That's not what BDD is. BDD is not a diagnosis I think should be thrown around. BDD is an irrational, insatiable insecurity with one's own body. The people who get circumcised multiple times because it's never tight enough for them are probably BDD. But you're making a slippery slope argument that assumes everyone has the chance to feel that way. Most almost certainly don't.

People can have preferences for their own body (wanting to be circumcised, wishing they weren't, whatever) without suffering delusions of dysmorphia.

That was well put.. last time I check Ive always been confident on the way I look.. I'm just ready for the snip thats all. NO BBD or anything funny of that nature. MY COCK...MY CHOICE

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That was well put.. last time I check Ive always been confident on the way I look.. I'm just ready for the snip thats all. NO BBD or anything funny of that nature. MY COCK...MY CHOICE

I agree totally, your cock, your choice.
If you've been thinking about almost all your life, there is something else going on.
Don't let me stand in your way. And don't bitch, when you find out it is a dead stick, with half the feeling it had before. You've heard the words of all the guys who have had it done, and said, "don't", like endued.

Last edited:

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree totally, your cock, your choice.
If you've been thinking about almost all your life, there is something else going on.
Don't let me stand in your way. And don't bitch, when you find out it is a dead stick, with half the feeling it had before. You've heard the words of all the guys who have had it done, and said, "don't", like endued.

And people who spend a long time feeling periodic resentment about RIC are insane too? This is not BDD and I hate to see someone being called mentally ill for no good reason...and like that's a source of stigma.

Even if circumcision reduces sensitivity by 75%, it's not a "dead stick," and it's not clear that circumcision does reduce sensitivity that way. Look: I think RIC is clearly wrong, and have little doubt that I'd have been pissed to have been circumcised at birth. This is too much energy spent on making people feel like shit. If you want to present empirical evidence that circumcision is harmful to fine-touch sensitivity, I think that's fair game. I think it probably is. But the language that you're doing -- basically "You're crazy, and even if you not, you're going to ruin your dick" -- isn't useful for anything except making people feel terrible.

I think the dude should be left alone. I'm fine with providing information, and even being a little pushy with the RIC people (because it's someone else's dick), but this is beyond the pale.

Last edited:

matchbox

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hi im new here, im reading what yr saying regarding circumcision, my opinion is there"s no need to do it, just un roll the skin and massage gently with baby oil 3 times a day may sound funny but its true, i did it to myself and it worked with lots of patience, and it hurt me at first too, but now i can say that i have a circumcised dick, whith a beautiful head sticking out day and night and without any pain, so why should i go for circumcision? it worked on me it should work on all men who are uncut, i repeat at first it was hell, but now i have satisfying results otherwise i wouldent say all this, 1 other thing i forgot to say wash your cock at least 3 times daily with hot water and with a medicated soup massage the head and rinse , iv been doing this for the past 6 months now and it feels like having a circumcised dick sinse i was born, believe it or not its true.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was born and raised in a Jewish household. Now that I'm older I do not keep the same faith. I do not believe in the Torah as anything other than a very colorful telling of moral tales. A sort of moral religious compass. Now that I dont feel the same and basically don't want to practice this religion anymore(cept for high holidays when I will be pretty much obligated to go to the family house) what does one do about the RIC? I'm a tad upset that I wasn't given a choice. It is what it is. Based on my dads religion her raised me as he saw fit. Whether or not I agree with RIC it was done and is still done by the Jewish community. When i asked why i was told it was because of some covenant with God. What a joke. So we made a promise to cut our dicks... For what purpose? I regret wgat was done to me. I am nit going to put that on my child. He will have a choice. He will not regret. Now is the long road to a decision. Do I start the long and arduous journey of natural foreskin restoration? Hoping to bring back some of the feeling? I do have feeling in my penis, its not like it is numb. But it sure ain't the same as it would have been if inhad been left alone at birth.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Kim, D. and Pang, M., "The Effect of Male Circumcision on Sexuality," BJU International 99 (2007): 619-22.

Sorrells, M. et al., “Fine-Touch Pressure Thresholds in the Adult Penis,” BJU International 99 (2007): 864-869.

Taylor, J. et al., "The Prepuce: Specialized Mucosa of the Penis and Its Loss to Circumcision," BJU 77 (1996): 291–295.

Hammond, T., "A Preliminary Poll of Men Circumcised in Infancy or Childhood," BJU 83 (1999): suppl. 1: 85–92

Boyle, G. and Bensley, G., "Adverse Sexual and Psychological Effects of Male Infant Circumcision,". Psychological Reports 88 (2001): 1105-1106.

And please, Young Native, don't put words in my mouth, like "crazy" or "ruin", and then chastise me for what you imagine I say.
It's something. I may not have the right word for it. Perhaps Body Integrity Identity Disorder. If it is stupid for me to try and put a handle on it, what do you call it when a doctor makes a diagnosis of no body dysmorphic disorder, without knowing the person?

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kim, D. and Pang, M., "The Effect of Male Circumcision on Sexuality," BJU International 99 (2007): 619-22.

Sorrells, M. et al., “Fine-Touch Pressure Thresholds in the Adult Penis,” BJU International 99 (2007): 864-869.

Taylor, J. et al., "The Prepuce: Specialized Mucosa of the Penis and Its Loss to Circumcision," BJU 77 (1996): 291–295.

Hammond, T., "A Preliminary Poll of Men Circumcised in Infancy or Childhood," BJU 83 (1999): suppl. 1: 85–92

Boyle, G. and Bensley, G., "Adverse Sexual and Psychological Effects of Male Infant Circumcision,". Psychological Reports 88 (2001): 1105-1106.

I think circumcision probably does reduce fine-touch sensitivity, although there are other stories more mixed about it. In any case, I don't see where the figure 75% came from, or where the idea it makes your dick a "dead stick" came from.

And please, Young Native, don't put words in my mouth, like "crazy" or "ruin", and then chastise me for what you imagine I say.
It's something. I may not have the right word for it. Perhaps Body Integrity Identity Disorder. If it is stupid for me to try and put a handle on it, what do you call it when a doctor makes a diagnosis of no body dysmorphic disorder, without knowing the person?

1. You accused him of being mentally ill and said he'd find out he has a "dead stick" if he gets circumcised. I don't even think "crazy" and "ruin" are hyperbolic here so much as synonyms for what you said...

2. I didn't say I'm certain he doesn't have BDD. My antecedent on the last post ("this") referred to unhappiness with RIC, not his case. I said that there was no way of diagnosing BDD or even suspected BDD based on this dude's post. It does not establish more than like .5 of the BDD diagnosis criteria, and if this is suspected BDD, people pissed at RIC have suspected BDD too. All in all, I think this is bullshit. It's like arguing suspected Bubonic Plague in a pelt-skinner with a headcold.

3. The BIID analogy is interesting. Circumcision is obviously less severe, reduces body function less, is a more common desire, and is more likely to relate to a specific dissatisfaction. I think that accounts for why it's not treated like BIID. I also don't think the medical community quite knows what the hell to do with BIID, but that's a different story.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So we made a promise to cut our dicks...
Well "we" didn't, not "ours".

According to the story Abraham (who scholars say was not historical) made a promise to cut his own, and his household's and his slaves'. Ever since (and in fact, long before), adults have been cutting the dicks of non-consenting people.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well "we" didn't, not "ours".

According to the story Abraham (who scholars say was not historical) made a promise to cut his own, and his household's and his slaves'. Ever since (and in fact, long before), adults have been cutting the dicks of non-consenting people.

Your right of course. Didn't catch that mistake when I wrote it. Thanks.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The 75% figure came from Young Native.

It's not a 'snip', if it's the frenulum, inner foreskin, and ridged bands. It's about 20,000 nerves. So I guess it is mostly how you request it to be done, and whether or not they follow your instructions.

In any event, Jer, best of luck with it. I hope it is everything you want, and nothing you don't want.

The 75% figure came from Young Native.

It's not a 'snip', if it's the frenulum, inner foreskin, and ridged bands. It's about 20,000 nerves. So I guess it is mostly how you request it to be done, and whether or not they follow your instructions.

In any event, Jer, best of luck with it. I hope it is everything you want, and nothing you don't want.
Thank you mandoman!

scrabble

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dislike people saying that circumcision stops you getting STD's more than a non circumcised uncut person. How about wearing a condom? That will stop you getting less STD's than having a piece of nerve rich skin sliced off because a 5000 year old arabic sky fairy told your ancestors to.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
While this is true, there is more to it. Guys with foreskins in 7 African countries out of 10 have less instances of HIV infection than circumcised guys. Men in Denmark, which doesn't generally circumcise, have a significantly lower instance of HIV, HPV, STDs, and penile cancer, than their generally circumcised American or Israeli counterparts. US studies have shown that there is no statistically significant difference between foreskinned and circumcised, when it comes to diseases...a Navy study, and a University of Washington study. These things get ignored, in the gold rush to circumcise Africa, or to perpetuate American circumcision.

Forskinn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is strong evidence that women who have sex with uncircumcised males have a higher incidence of STDs and I'm sure this will be getting all kinds of outraged posts from the intactivists.

The 'evidence' however is always up for debate. The more sex partners a women has, the higher her likelihood of cervical cancer. That 'evidence' makes it sound like an intact man is a walking volcano of causing cancer.

If a guy is taught how to wash his penis, he'll be fine. in developing countries, perhaps there may be more ground for argument; But we're not in a third-world country with lack of clean water or sanitary staples. We're in the US, UK, Germany, etc. Keeping it clean is very easy.

The bottom line is, it's your son but it's not your body - it's his body. Unless it is medically required, you really have no right to do chop it off.

S

SirConcis

The uncut males in scandinavia have less diseases is due mostly to the fact that they sleep around far less and find a single mate, so diseases do not spread as much.

Having mutiple mates is the primary means of diseases spreading. And this is the case in africa and not scandinavia.

Education and hygiene reduce the negative aspects of having a foreskin so the fact that scandinavian men are uncut is countered by the fact that they get good education on how to have proper hygiene of their foreksins.