circumcision

that#1kid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just curious, with all the hype around this topic, if you had a baby boy, would you circumcise him or not...why? I know circumcision decreases the sensetivity in the head of the penis thus rendering it relativly rough and dull. I want my son to feel all the sensations life has to offer, even pleasure, most reports and studies say that men who are circumcised mid-life, feel the difference and often regret the surgery. I think an uncut penis looks nice, but I've become use to the cut ones, as most girls probably have. So, theoretically, if you leave your son uncut, you would be alienating him from the other guys; and girls may think it [his penis] is strange. In all factuality only a small percentage of males are circumcised in the world, about 20% or so I believe...and the number is decreasing each year. The theory that circumcision reduces the chances of your son catching aids, stds, hiv, or developing urinary-tract infection have been (for the most part) disproved. So if there is no real reason other than it looks cool, to have your son circumcised, why do it? I may not have my son circumcised, what are your thoughts on this issue?

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I love all the threads about circumcision on here! It's definately a very devisive topic it seems. I don't think I'd cut my son. I'm cut myself, and I sort of wish I wasn't. I think I'd leave him the way God made him and just make sure he knew how to take care of it.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My position is well known. I will emphasize that it's not a "yes or no" decision. Instead, it's about who decides. Not cutting your boy really means you're delaying the decision 18 years and letting him decide for himself.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
please just use the seach function, this topic has been done to death.

I'll even be nice and find a few threads for you.

here's one i started, with 393 responses:

http://www.lpsg.org/relationships-discrimination-and-jealousy/37976-uncut-stigma.html

this one got pretty heavy:

http://www.lpsg.org/the-healthy-penis/39651-circumcision-reduces-hiv-risk.html

this one was entertaining:

http://www.lpsg.org/relationships-d...0-why-circumcision-cultures-more-violent.html
It has been done to death, but apparently not done to death enough. There was a recent thread about whether or not children are "property" of their parents. I find it interesting that, for any subject other than circumcision, most people object rigorously to children being treated as, or considered to be, the property of their parents... to be treated as the parents choose, including permanent body modifications. But when circumcision is mentioned, they change the story to "the parents can do whatever they choose with their children, including cutting off pieces of body parts."

ds8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'm cut and never had any problem with that.
In my country this is not something common so women react WOOW

So by my opinion THUMBs UP

nkutjodude

1st Like
Media
I wonder, in the day when circumcision in the U.S.A. became "de rigeur" and most in this country were uncircumcised, did the parents of the day wonder, "Will it distance our son from other boys, make him an outcast?" Did the boys/men then who were entering the military and who were required by the military to undergo clipping wonder, "Will this procedure make me a member of an elite group or will I regret it in the future?"

Now, decades later, why do our fathers feel that their sons must be just like them? Is it regard for health matters or just their own vanity and/or desire to replicate their sons in their own image? Moreover, is it fair to presume that one's progeny will want to be like "dear ol' Dad"?

Just a thought.

PokeSalad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That#1kid quote: rendering it relativly rough and dull.

I was circumsized at the age of 12 -- ouch is right -- so I can remember what it was like to have foreskin. Yes, my glans were more sensitive -- in fact rather too sensitive at times, but I can assure you that the head of my cock is neither rough or dull! There are many times that I wish I had a choice and still had foreskin, but loss of sensitivity is certainly NOT A PROBLEM!

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
PokeSalad, the much talked about "loss of sensitivity" in the glans is a multi-decade thing. It often doesn't become noticeable until men are in their 40s and later.

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The entire 'Culture of Cutting' seems (to me) to be a cycle of guilt, anger, lashing out, and then guilt again. It seems to me to be a phenomenon that will be viewed by anthroplogists, centuries from now, as very curious indeed. Allow me to explain my cycle:

1) Guilt - "I feel strange about the idea of having had someone take a knife to my penis hours after my birth. My culture makes me feel guilty for this feeling.

2) Anger - "I am totaly pissed that someone took a Freaking knife to my penis hours after my birth!"

3) Lashing Out - "I am sooo pissed, but taking a knife to my parents who allowed this, or the doctor who did this is illegal. Hey, taking a knife to my kid's penis hours after his birth IS PERFECTLY LEGAL! That's what I'll do to make myself feel better about this situation."

4) Guilt again - "Jesus, I had a doctor take a knife to my kid's penis hours after he was born.... This guilt is going to kill me! How do I handle my feelings now? Well, I'll just tell myself and my kid that cutting his penis was an OK thing to do because my parents cut my penis too. Yeah, that works!

5) Return to step one (1)

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a choice I have left for my son to make.I am cut and don't like the fact I was not given a choice.At 30 years old I lost almost all sensation in the glans.Restoring has given me that back and more.

shadow28

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
There are many reasons boys have been circumcised over the ages, and some of them are:

- religious - Judaism and certain branches of Islam come to mind
- historical - trends come and go
- esthetic - we all have a preference
- cultural - ever notice the extreme variation in rates among countries, and within national boundaries among people of varying backgrounds?
- medical - for some, unfortunately
- familial - ie. your Dad was, so you are
- mythological - any number of legends here
- and personal - we want this for our son

For me the worst thing is when cut or uncut guys criticize those who are not like them. We can't help what was done or not done, and let's face it, a dick is a dick, and we love them. There are also advantages to both.

I am just waiting for the day when circumcision status joins race / gender / age / sexuality / income / disability / religion as grounds for discrimination against individuals.

Please, let's hope that day never comes, and let's all put this debate to rest.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
As I've said before, I do not believe that any parent should have a legal right to give permission to surgically alter a child under the age of majority and in their care, unless that surgery is required to correct a medically identified condition that will cause the infant distress or complications in the future and has been recommended as unavoidable by a qualified medic.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just curious, with all the hype around this topic, if you had a baby boy, would you circumcise him or not...why? I know circumcision decreases the sensetivity in the head of the penis thus rendering it relativly rough and dull. I want my son to feel all the sensations life has to offer, even pleasure, most reports and studies say that men who are circumcised mid-life, feel the difference and often regret the surgery. I think an uncut penis looks nice, but I've become use to the cut ones, as most girls probably have. So, theoretically, if you leave your son uncut, you would be alienating him from the other guys; and girls may think it [his penis] is strange. In all factuality only a small percentage of males are circumcised in the world, about 20% or so I believe...and the number is decreasing each year. The theory that circumcision reduces the chances of your son catching aids, stds, hiv, or developing urinary-tract infection have been (for the most part) disproved. So if there is no real reason other than it looks cool, to have your son circumcised, why do it? I may not have my son circumcised, what are your thoughts on this issue?

I didn't circumcize my son. To date, I have not found any compelling reason to do it.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I may not have my son circumcised, what are your thoughts on this issue?

Why do you feel it's your right to make that decision?

Circ rates are dropping all the time so the kids in your son's gym class are going to be roughly 50% intact and 50% cut. With the internet, kids have access to information that I sure didn't have when I was young. What are you going to do when he comes to you and asks why you had him cut? Especially when he's gonna know that loss of sensation is pretty common amongst cut guys?

It's his body and his decision.

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This "its his body and his decision” talk is shenanigans. Might as well not give the kid a name for that matter either. "Let him decide when he is 18". As parents you need to make decisions based on different factors about many different aspects of your children’s lives (circumcision being one of them for boys). If, as parents, you feel it is important to circumcise, so be it. All of you have no right to hate on parents who have their sons circumcised.