circumcision

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why is ok for boys, but not for girls? Remember, just as for boys, there are all kinds of circs for girls some extremely radical and some no more than drawing a drop of blood.

All you're saying is that circumcision for boys is ok simply because parents can, not because they should. It's time to stop the double standard and it's time to eliminate the religious excuses. Sexual mutilation knows no gender.

freesnake54

Just Browsing
Media
A circumcision at 18 is going to be VERY uncomfortable. The only logical reason I would have decided against it would be for the pain of the surgery and the days after, so if I could avoid that for a son with surgery before he's old enough to remember, why wouldn't I? Absolutely no question. Tremendous health, maintenance and aesthetic benefits.

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why is ok for boys, but not for girls? Remember, just as for boys, there are all kinds of circs for girls some extremely radical and some no more than drawing a drop of blood.

All you're saying is that circumcision for boys is ok simply because parents can, not because they should. It's time to stop the double standard and it's time to eliminate the religious excuses. Sexual mutilation knows no gender.

There is no double standard. Parents do what they feel necessary to do for the sake of their children. That is the bottom line.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There is no double standard. Parents do what they feel necessary to do for the sake of their children. That is the bottom line.
Male circumcision is the removal of the forskin over the penis, whereas I have been told that Female circumcision is VERY DIFFERENT!! It is apparently where they remove the female's clitoris, and sometimes some of the outer lips of the vagina. This effectively removed the woman's pleasure zones. So the poor woman will probably grow up to never experience sexual pleasure. So Female circumcision seems much more radical.. and there have been moves to outlaw it in most countires. Maybe a medical Doctor on this forum can confirm this.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
Just curious, with all the hype around this topic, if you had a baby boy, would you circumcise him or not...why? I know circumcision decreases the sensetivity in the head of the penis thus rendering it relativly rough and dull. I want my son to feel all the sensations life has to offer, even pleasure, most reports and studies say that men who are circumcised mid-life, feel the difference and often regret the surgery. I think an uncut penis looks nice, but I've become use to the cut ones, as most girls probably have. So, theoretically, if you leave your son uncut, you would be alienating him from the other guys; and girls may think it [his penis] is strange. In all factuality only a small percentage of males are circumcised in the world, about 20% or so I believe...and the number is decreasing each year. The theory that circumcision reduces the chances of your son catching aids, stds, hiv, or developing urinary-tract infection have been (for the most part) disproved. So if there is no real reason other than it looks cool, to have your son circumcised, why do it? I may not have my son circumcised, what are your thoughts on this issue?
thats a personal choice.as for how it looks....he's not gonna be going around showing his unit off!wel,least i hope not.:redface:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This "its his body and his decision” talk is shenanigans. Might as well not give the kid a name for that matter either. "Let him decide when he is 18". As parents you need to make decisions based on different factors about many different aspects of your children’s lives (circumcision being one of them for boys). If, as parents, you feel it is important to circumcise, so be it. All of you have no right to hate on parents who have their sons circumcised.
That's not a very bright argument. Not give him a name? Are you telling me that naming a child is a non-reversible body modification? No right to hate on parents who have their sons circumcised? Would you feel differently if it were any other body part they "decided" to slice off? Maybe an ear or the end of his nose? How about a toe or two?

A circumcision at 18 is going to be VERY uncomfortable. The only logical reason I would have decided against it would be for the pain of the surgery and the days after, so if I could avoid that for a son with surgery before he's old enough to remember, why wouldn't I? Absolutely no question. Tremendous health, maintenance and aesthetic benefits.
You are assuming that a foreskin will cause health problems, but you are wrong. I've had mine for 48 years and never had a problem with it. Your reasoning is not logical. What you suggest is pre-emptive surgery. By your reasoning, every newborn girl should have her breasts and cervix removed, to prevent the possiblity of uncomfortable surgeries in the future, should a cancer develop. And as for maintenance, mine is not that much of a problem, I clean it when I shower. By your reasoning, teeth should also be removed as soon as they grow in, for tremendous health and maintenance benefits - no more brushing, no more cavities!

The key word here is necessary. Circumcision, in most cases, is NOT NECESSARY. And I'll ask again, would you be as adamant about a parent's right to cut off any other body parts, or just the foreskin?

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Right On, DC DEEP, circumcision is still to me a form of child abuse which has yet to be named as abuse. Those of us who have been left intact perhaps need to be more vocal on the subject where it will do some good.

The notion that a boy needs to be like every other boy and so needs to be circumcised is really a cop out. Children, both male and female, need to be taught to appreciate that different is not something to be ashamed of.

I'm not surprised that this subjct comes up on this site as often as it does; it's something that should be on the agenda of all persons interested in the health and welfare of young men.

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow your special!Got the balls to do it your self?I hope your ovary's dry up before you have the chance to try!

Not a chance, my ovaries are well in tact, LOL Interesting analogy that since I believe in circumcision that I would not be fit to be a mother.....you know nothing about me to make such frank statement

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This "its his body and his decision” talk is shenanigans. Might as well not give the kid a name for that matter either.
Circumcision is irreversible. I state that even though I'm currently "restoring" my foreskin. Some parts, such as the frenulum and frenar band, are gone forever. As DC_DEEP mentioned, an adult can change his name. A name isn't forever.
As parents you need to make decisions based on different factors about many different aspects of your children’s lives (circumcision being one of them for boys).
Circumcision for boys only? I see a double standard. I say non-therapeutic genital cutting is wrong for any who aren't old enough to give consent.
All of you have no right to hate on parents who have their sons circumcised.
O.K. I agree with that. I believe my parents were bamboozled and made a decision based upon false assertions. I don't fault them even though my dick was damaged. I've written about the damage many times so I'm not going to write about that again here.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A circumcision at 18 is going to be VERY uncomfortable.
Have you heard of anesthesia? It's typically given prior to the surgery. Have you heard of analgesics? They're typically given after the surgery. Not so for infants. Sometimes they're given anesthesia. Sometimes they're given analgesics. Sometimes: neither!
The only logical reason I would have decided against it would be for the pain of the surgery and the days after, so if I could avoid that for a son with surgery before he's old enough to remember, why wouldn't I?
It hurts, it really hurts. See video: Intact's Circumcision Video
Tremendous health, maintenance and aesthetic benefits.
Almost all of the "health, maintenance and aesthetic benefits" apply to adults only. Collectively they don't justify an infant circumcision.

As for "tremendous" ...
:bsflag:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I said, and I quote: "I may NOT have my son circumcised."
Is your partner expecting?
they banned female circumcision yesterday in Egypt permanently.
Yeah, but after a girl died and it got publicity. Boys die from circumcision but it will remain legal there. Even in the First World boys die from circumcision. Even in USA. The statistics are buried but boys die.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SteveHD, you missed the point. If you remove the foreskin, then he will never have to wash his penis, ever.

And again, I bring up my point about hygiene: it's a whole lot easier for me to keep my cock clean than it is to keep my teeth clean. With my cock, it's a quick pull the skin back, wet it down, soap it up, rinse it off... it takes about 10 or 15 seconds, once a day (or after heavy work or after sex). For my teeth, it's two minutes of flossing, four minutes brushing, then rinsing... three times a day, minimum... and the flossing isn't really all that pleasant. Then there's the twice-a-year visits to the dentist, cleanings, x-rays. It's expensive, time-consuming, and sometimes painful. By the pre-emptive logic, we should all get all our teeth pulled as soon as they grow in. It would save the possible trouble and discomfort later in life if fillings or crowns or bridges or braces might be needed. You would never have to look at someone with bad teeth, either.

So, pulling all the teeth would have tremendous health, maintenance and aesthetic benefits.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My position is well known. I will emphasize that it's not a "yes or no" decision. Instead, it's about who decides. Not cutting your boy really means you're delaying the decision 18 years and letting him decide for himself.

I've got a good friend who says ' he can be anything in the world he want's to be but, uncut.' And that about sums it up.

There is talk about the sanctity of a womans body and 'her choice' what about boys/men? Shouldn't we be afforded the same sanctity?

It's not a simple surgery as they would want you to think and things DO go wrong.

I agree with you SteveHd, it should be a decision made by the owner of the skin in jeopardy as to WHEN and IF it is to be removed.