Citalopram on PME

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by kleevage, Oct 10, 2011.

1. kleevage

kleevage Member

Albums:
    I've read on here that 5-HTP can solve premature ejaculation because of its effect as an anti-depressant. I read that citalopram has the same effect. Apparently the former takes a couple of hours to kick in and I woulda thought the latter is a much more slow effect, but apparently not.

I used to take citalopram but it was before I was sexually active so I can't tell if it made a difference. But I can say I had much more control in masturbation during citalopram-taking-days.

Anybody confirm what I'm saying?

2. chadsteruk

chadsteruk Member

Albums:
    Yep I agree. I took it for a while and it deffo took me ages to cum and sometimes with less feeling. It's one of the most common side effects.

3. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know anything about 5-HTP but citalopram is known to cause anorgasmia - the inability to cum at all, in a substantial minority (30%?) after a few days' usage. Most SSRI anti-depressants take up to several weeks to become effective but citralopram also has an anti-anxiety effect which works within about an hour.

So I think it is possible that it could be used to guard against premature ejeculation in principal.

4. D_Ricky Dickardo

D_Ricky Dickardo New Member

I have been on citalopram for several years and I have not noticed any change (sexually)
    When I was on Paxil and Zoloft, there was a big drop in desire.

5. bimetaldude

bimetaldude Member

Albums:

Was on Citalopram for anxiety for 4 weeks and by day 3 I was producing ZERO cum. And having tremors and other horrible side effects. Besides Wellbutrin, Citalopram was the WORST drug I ever got prescribed. I got switched to Clonzepam and while Clonopin is a benzo i take very low dosage and only when I feel antsy/panic attacks..

6. choose_right89

choose_right89 New Member

been on citalopram for a year and notice decreased sexual desire and harder to maintain an erection

7. kleevage

kleevage Member

Albums:
    You see I was on citalopram for over a year and I had good control over masturbation (can't comment on penetration tho), I came off them suddenly, had a relapse and then had serious PME problems; ok in masturbation but bad in penetration. it took me a while to figure out it was the citalopram because I hadn't known about its sexual effects.

If HTP-5 is another SSRI (i originally thought it would be more 'fast acting') then I hope citalopram will work for me in short term doses. i'm not going back on it on long term...lost the buzz of happiness

8. WatchStr8Sex

Gold Member

Albums:
    A mate of mine in his mid-20's used to come within 1 or 2 mins of penetration. His Dr put him on Aropax (paroxetine) and he told me today that he fucked the crap out of a girl for 45 mins before he came. He said he had to cum because he'd lost so much fluid from the athletic fucking from sweat and other body fluids that he started to get cramps. Not a bad change from a few mins to 45!

Draft saved Draft deleted