Claim by Former FBI Interrogator Defies Logic and Common Sense

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, May 14, 2009.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I listened to Soufan's testimony and read the Newsweek article on Soufan's story. The comments are not compelling enough to cause one to come to the same conclusion as Soufan based on the information he provides.

Soufan's conclusion defies common sense and logic. Hardened Terrorists who will sacrifice their very lives to kill as many Americans as they possibly can and destroy America, who are trained to withstand TORTURE and give up no information under duress... (one sec, let's remind ourselves who the terrorists are:)

From a six page response from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to charges at Trial. Gitmo prisoners defend 'blessed' 9/11 attack, CNN

Back to Soufan's illogical conclusion: Hardened Terrorists who will sacrifice their very lives to kill as many Americans as they possibly can and destroy America, who are trained to withstand TORTURE and give up no information under duress, will give up all the information we need for a few bandages, a smile from an American Interrogator friend and a coca-cola.

That defies logic and common sense.

And secondly, after hearing testimony and reading the article the conclusion doesn't make sense that when Soufan was getting all the information the CIA wanted...they just said STOP. Stop getting all that top notch information, high yield information. Let's make it more difficult for ourselves.

It is the CIA assertion that KSM stopped talking and enhanced interrogation techniques were necessary.
    We Could Have Done This Right, By Michael Isikoff | NEWSWEEK

The assertion that all Soufan has to do is challenge Muslim Extremist Terrorists with passages from the Qua'ran, tend to boo boos, wipe the buttocks, and offer "trust" to get them to tell everything we need to know to prevent devasting attacks described above is beyond belief.

We Could Have Done This Right, By Michael Isikoff | NEWSWEEK

A terrorist went from being a terrorist with a coco-cola and smile. And the information we needed was offered up. :rolleyes:

Please. It defies logic and common sense.

#1 Trinity, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    But if Soufan made the same comments in an interview on FOX, I'm sure you would believe them implicitly. Soufan was UNDER OATH before congress, what would he have to gain by risking a perjury conviction and jail????........

3. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You have obviously never been interrogated before Trinity, it defies your logic, not actual logic. I like how you think that you are smarter and more informed on harsh interrogation tactics then trained professionals. It's typical of your bullshit.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The OP has never used a bit of common sense in its life. Therefore this thread is officially null and void.

5. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Who cares if it's torture or not, or some liberal plug-in analyst says it doesn't work. We're not doing it for the sake of it... it's to save lives and gather intel from the bad guys. Game over.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's STILL a bullshit excuse. One that only scared & paranoid people would suggest.

7. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

I just abhor how when anyone disagrees with conservative orthodoxy, they get savaged as a "liberal plug-in" whatever that means. Valerie Plane was identified, Colin Powell was referred to as no longer a Republican, Specter was called a traitor, and many others. Before the hypocrisy police strike, yes, of course, Liberals do this to. Yet, I think the speed, and sheer pleasure shown by the right is far greater.

8. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tell it brother!!! :biggrin1:

That liberal plug-in is neither liberal nor progressive. He is a government employee whose job is beyond partisanship. He is also an FBI agent. Oh so now FBI agents that do not toe the conservative line are liberal plug-ins? That's rich... REAL rich.

Actually since torture does not work, the CIA was doing it for the sake of it.

There is no lack of sick fucks out there who will gleefully torture people as a means of employment.

9. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Soufan believes that the enhanced interrogation techniques were not the right way to conduct interrogations. Because he believes that, he would risk his testimony.

Soufan would not necessarily be risking a perjury conviction and jail. Most of what Soufan testified to is probably true. The gray areas of professional opinion on a matter, assessment of effectiveness, and determination of the yield of information - all of that may differ without there being perjury.

Soufan's recollection of information obtained by his methods may be contradicted by other distinguished interrogators. Soufan's assertion that he could have obtained all high yield information from hardened terrorists with a coca-cola is contradicted by the CIA. The CIA's position disagrees with Soufan's overall conclusion. The CIA maintains enhanced interrogation techniques produced high yield information.

10. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I see some of you are still feeding it... :rolleyes:

11. faceking

Albums:
    Idiot.

12. pym

pym New Member

Pillow biter

13. faceking

Albums:
    You're good peeps tripod....but I know you are arguing a point just for the sake of it. Really.

Torture?... body parts are permanently disfigured? Pain? Acts that often lead to death or disability? etc... did we round up thousand of Iraqis and waterboard them to the hilt? Last I checked these were many of the folk we purposely rounded up 7 or 8 years ago....

then again, the same peeps your boy is bombing and seemingly missing a few targets and hitting children...

so I ask.... who suffers more...

a terrorist getting gallons of Evian down his gullet for an hour, and recouping with no harm...

or... the innocent Afghani child caught in the crossfire of an Obama-supported clusterbomb, disfigured with no local state funding for a college education at the University of Illinois???

fucking hypocrites....

#13 faceking, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  14. pym

pym New Member

You should stick with what you know.......jacking off.

15. faceking

Albums:
    bummer "This message is hidden because pym is on your ignore list."

still.

16. pym

pym New Member

I know you still peek......your monstrous ego demands it.:wink:

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So how do you know he addressed you?
    Divine intervention? Guilty conscious? :rolleyes:

18. faceking

Albums:
    no clue. no care.

figured he was "live" and I'd let him since he's the biggest private messaging pussy I've ever seen here on LPSG in my 5+ years...

seriously.

19. pym

pym New Member

Facey..............."come out" to play!
    :wink:

20. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Hazel, stick to the issues. If you don't want to discuss this thread...it's simple - don't post in the thread.

Not one person has presented arguments that the claim by Soufan makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted