Claim by Former FBI Interrogator Defies Logic and Common Sense

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hazel, stick to the issues. If you don't want to discuss this thread...it's simple - don't post in the thread.

Not one person has presented arguments that the claim by Soufan makes sense.
you mean it defies YOUR twisted biased logic that everything that happens under the Obama administration=bad.
I did present an argument that Soufan's claims are true. He is a career FBI man. He was under OATH and testifying before congress. Lying to congress is a felony and punishable by time in a Federal prison. What motivation would he have that he would risk his own freedom and lie to congress? Why haven't Cheney or anyone else at the Top rung submitted to testifying UNDER OATH?
BTW, can you provide us all with your CV regarding "interrogation" techniques, because you seem to be an expert(or at least you play one on TV)

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
you mean it defies YOUR twisted biased logic that everything that happens under the Obama administration=bad.
I did present an argument that Soufan's claims are true. He is a career FBI man. He was under OATH and testifying before congress. Lying to congress is a felony and punishable by time in a Federal prison. What motivation would he have that he would risk his own freedom and lie to congress? Why haven't Cheney or anyone else at the Top rung submitted to testifying UNDER OATH?
BTW, can you provide us all with your CV regarding "interrogation" techniques, because you seem to be an expert(or at least you play one on TV)

That is a weak argument that I have already addressed. There are distingushed career intelligence officials disputing Soufan's claims. Just because of the fact that Soufan testified to congress does not verify that his statements are completely accurate nor does it verify that his statements represent the right side of the issue. Just because perjury is punishable, the risk of punishment does not verify the accuracy of Soufan's statements.

I've already answered the motivation question.

Soufan believes that the enhanced interrogation techniques were not the right way to conduct interrogations. Because he believes that, he would risk giving his testimony.

And as I stated before,

Soufan would not necessarily be risking a perjury conviction and jail. Most of what Soufan testified to is probably true. The gray areas of professional opinion on a matter, assessment of effectiveness, and determination of the yield of information - all of that may differ without there being perjury.

Cheney and others have stated that they will testify.

Soufan's conclusions still defy logic and common sense.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That is a weak argument that I have already addressed. There are distingushed career intelligence officials disputing Soufan's claims. Just because of the fact that Soufan's testified to congress does not verify that his statements are completely accurate or nor does it verify that his statements represent the right side of the issue. Just because perjury is punishable, the risk of punishment does not verify the accuracy of Soufan's statements.

I've already answered the motivation question.

Soufan believes that the enhanced interrogation techniques were not the right way to conduct interrogations. Because he believes that, he would risk giving his testimony.

And as I stated before,

Soufan would not necessarily be risking a perjury conviction and jail. Most of what Soufan testified to is probably true. The gray areas of professional opinion on a matter, assessment of effectiveness, and determination of the yield of information - all of that may differ without there being perjury.

Cheney and others have stated that they will testify.

Soufan's conclusions still defy logic and common sense.
They defy logic to you perhaps.........NOT to MANY others.

Last edited:

B_4inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trinity don't you get that we know the only reason you dissent is because it's the opposite of what a demorcrat is saying or would want? Then like the true black hearted liar you are you very obviously abstract it to mean something worse than it ever could possibly mean. Even to people who are moderate this means you simply can't be trusted. It's like when Cheney said that he believed we would get attacked if this country elected John Kerry. That's what you do. And it's disgusting. I am by no means liberal but this is the sort of behaviour that drives me nuts. It does more to hurt America than anything the terrorists could hope to do.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Trinity don't you get that we know the only reason you dissent is because it's the opposite of what a demorcrat is saying or would want? Then like the true black hearted liar you are you very obviously abstract it to mean something worse than it ever could possibly mean. Even to people who are moderate this means you simply can't be trusted. It's like when Cheney said that he believed we would get attacked if this country elected John Kerry. That's what you do. And it's disgusting. I am by no means liberal but this is the sort of behaviour that drives me nuts. It does more to hurt America than anything the terrorists could hope to do.

Black hearted liar? You need to reserve your name calling and accusations for yourself.

I voted for John Kerry. You don't know me. What behavior drives you nuts? I am not convinced by Soufan because his testimony and story defy common sense. If it made perfect sense to you...

you wouldn't be calling me names and accusing me of "abstracting his words to mean something else" when I quoted his story.

You don't believe it yourself and you are just mad and frustrated about it.