Clarification of Terms

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are the terms like Bear, Twink, Daddy just gay terms are they terms that apply to straight guys as well.

The reason I ask is a friend sent me this note (see below) and I said I would ask around and check on the web to see what is said because I have been under the impression that BEAR applied to all guys that are hairy.

"Aren't Daddies & Bears older and hairy men who like to play with each other? Seems any pictures I've seen with a "daddie or bear" label the men are handling each other in a gayful fashion."

As for the term Daddy (older guy) and Twink (yonger guy) - Are these solely gay terms.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
AFAIK they're gay-oriented descriptors exclusively, although "daddy" obviously has some application to straights (e.g., "sugar daddy", etc.). Your friend's assumption is a bit mixed up, though. "Bear" and "twink" characterize gay men having particular qualities (bear = older, stocky, hairy -- twink = young, slender, often hairless). When applied to gays, "daddy" is more of a role playing descriptor, as it is when applied to straights. So no, a "daddy" wouldn't necessary play with a "bear", in fact it's more likely he'd be into "twinks", or at least guys younger than himself. And there's plenty of "bears" out there who wouldn't have anything to do with "twinks" (nor "daddy"-types, for that matter).

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Size Queen has been adopted by some straight women to refer to themselves, don't know why straight men couldn't use our other ethnic terminology if it fits and they wish to.

(now what would a straight male bottom be?:biggrin1:)

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bear is most certainly more of a gay term. When I hear it used its always describing a gay guy. The same applies for twink.

However I think Daddy can be used by anyone really. A lot of women in relationships with older men will most likely use it. Its popular between gay guys in a relationship when one dude is older - a daddy and son relationship.