Clash Of The Titans

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
okay, so this was one of my favorite movies when i was growing up, cheesiness and all.

when i heard they were doing a remake, naturally, i was pessimistic...well, the trailer has been released...and visually, it looks awesome, but, in typical hollywood fashion, they had to ruin something...

apparently, it is partly based on a videogame called "god of war", which is based on the perseus myth etc (or something...i don't know much about modern videogames)

and they have changed the plot a bit to make Perseus have to go to the underworld etc. and has to defeat HAdes (Ralph Fiennes) and they add in a bunch of other stuff.

Liam Neeson looks pretty ridiculous as Zeus imo

visually it looks very impressive, maybe a little too "CGI"...at first i thought Medusa looked awesome, but then when they show a bit of her face in the trailer, it is like a plain, computer generated face...i am hoping that this face changes to something horrible, when you see her eyes or something like that...

anyway, here is the trailer...let me know your thoughts (about this one and the original)

IMDb Video: Clash of the Titans: Trailer #2

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ummmmm, uhhhhh let me go take a shower...whew! Sam Worthington? Hello? I'm on it. That man is one hot guy, and the trailer was ....well, my panties are going to have to be changed....

;) I'm going. Anyone wanna come along?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I too love the original and have seen it countless times along with Jason and the Argonaughts and the Sinbad movies. Love those vintage creature features.

I look forward to the new one but however good it may be it will never surpass the affection i have for the classic.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I too love the original and have seen it countless times along with Jason and the Argonaughts and the Sinbad movies. Love those vintage creature features.

I look forward to the new one but however good it may be it will never surpass the affection i have for the classic.

i always wanted a mechanical divine owl after i saw that film. i was never given one by the gods though :frown1:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You realize the lady that plays Zeus' wife now plays one of the leads in all the Harry Potter movies. She was pretty hot back then.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I saw "Avatar" and one of the previews included "The Clash of the Titans" and I thought, you know.. at some point, I'm sure every actor wish they had that line "Release the Kraken."

Glad to see Liam gets the chance :wink: (Most likely, he secretly wanted to say that his whole career).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZ5D_Wc4cA&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You realize the lady that plays Zeus' wife now plays one of the leads in all the Harry Potter movies. She was pretty hot back then.

no, not true...Maggie Green (the Potter movies) played Thetis...Hera was Zeus' wife

and no, Maggie Green wasn't hot at all back then...:eek:

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsS/16148-3513.gif

as evidenced by her son, Calibos

http://www.niftyfiftyscifi.com/Clash/c9.jpg

:biggrin1:

the hottest one, if you recall, was Ursula Andress, who played Aphrodite

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsA/402-3513.gif

:biggrin1:

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
meanwhile, i am sure the Kraken would like the Gods to release his clothing back to him.

http://thetorchonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/monsters_csg263_clash_of_the_titans.jpg

"release the kraken" was always code between my friends and i, as in "you are about to be in deep shit"...

such as "if you don't give me my altoids back i am going to have to release the kraken on your ass"

I think everyone has a similar variation for "Release the Kraken" Midnight shifts in the TOC, when someone screwed something up, a friend put a spin on it and said it like a duck"doh.. missed the shot...Release the Quacken!"

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
heh heh...

did you ever see the episode of "Robot Chicken" with the Kraken?

Poseidon releases him so he can devour Andromeda.

he is thrilled at his freedom, eats Andromeda then goes back to his old home... where he finds out his wife has re-married.

At that point on, his life goes in to a downward spiral and he cannot get his original job with Poseidon back. he winds up working in a fast food restaurant and he cannot take it anymore so he hangs himself in a halfway house. lol

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
heh heh...

did you ever see the episode of "Robot Chicken" with the Kraken?

Poseidon releases him so he can devour Andromeda.

he is thrilled at his freedom, eats Andromeda then goes back to his old home... where he finds out his wife has re-married.

At that point on, his life goes in to a downward spiral and he cannot get his original job with Poseidon back. he winds up working in a fast food restaurant and he cannot take it anymore so he hangs himself in a halfway house. lol

Robot Chicken with the Kraken, cannot say that I have, sounds like something straight out of Mystery Science Theater 3000

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Robot Chicken with the Kraken, cannot say that I have, sounds like something straight out of Mystery Science Theater 3000

lol - close...

i have to see if i can find the episode online.

the tagline was "freedom isn't all it's "krak-ed" up to be." LOL