Classic actors who are bi/gay in The Golden age of Hollywood...

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Who was Laurence Olivier's other affairs that were noted by his wives?

I heard he took a young stud like Brando, though. Or was that just rumors I have heard?

cali06

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I recently saw on a site that James Dean and Brando had a 5 year relationship and it was very well known. Would have paid to watch those two go at it!

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Start believing that Olivier was bisexual. He was and his wives, especially Viv, could do nothing about it.

Tyrone Power was bisexual. Oh yeah! Damn what a beautiful man!!!

...........In the Movie "Blood & Sand" Tyrone is getting dressed into his matador's outfit and there is a scene with him in very tight undies (more like a thong). I can't find the DVD of this movie, but in the VHS tape I slowed it down to a crawl and WOW -- very nice bulge indeed!! Can anybody provide the DVD capture of this glorious moment?? TPower is DEFINITELY my "type"!!:rolleyes:

S

superbot

Start believing that Olivier was bisexual. He was and his wives, especially Viv, could do nothing about it.

Tyrone Power was bisexual. Oh yeah! Damn what a beautiful man!!!
You need to check your facts.I've read nearly all the biographies there are on Olivier and Vivien Leigh and there isn't one named male individual who is said to have had an affair with him.The Danny Kaye thing has been discounted by both Tarquin Olivier and Joan Plowright.Indeed,if you you read his sons biography his alludes to the Kaye gossip by saying that had Vivien know about it she would NEVER have kept it quiet.Olivier did have affairs towards the end of his marriage to VL with Sarah Miles.Claire Bloom and Dorothy Tutin.....

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wasn't Christian Brando best friends with Bill Cable who was very prophetic for Colt Studios back in the 70s with the name Stoner? I think Cable posed for Playgirl back in 1974. You could see him in small roles like Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Basic Instinct, and Elvira-Mistress of The Dark.

RLSteve

Experimental Member
Media
You need to check your facts.I've read nearly all the biographies there are on Olivier and Vivien Leigh and there isn't one named male individual who is said to have had an affair with him.The Danny Kaye thing has been discounted by both Tarquin Olivier and Joan Plowright.Indeed,if you you read his sons biography his alludes to the Kaye gossip by saying that had Vivien know about it she would NEVER have kept it quiet.Olivier did have affairs towards the end of his marriage to VL with Sarah Miles.Claire Bloom and Dorothy Tutin.....

Really? David Niven (who played Edgar in WUTHERING HEIGHTS) was over at Olvier's house when Vivien was shooting STREETCAR. He saw Olivier and Brando making out in the pool. He said that Vivien seemed to know what was going on.

That's probably what drove Vivien to her mental breakdown.

Also, Joan Plowright denied the Kaye affair, but she never denied the bisexuality. She just described it as being part of a man being touched with a stroke of genius, or something like that.

Last edited:

TXgirl77

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tyrone Power.... YUMMY YUMMY!!! He's my favorite of all time and I used to have his pictures all over my walls even though he died long before I was born. I had no idea he was bisexual until I bought a book about it him and that's what the whole book was about. And yes.. he was married twice I believe.

The gay or bisexual film stars of the day were often set up on dates or even marriages by the studio execs to disguise the fact they were gay. It would have ruined their careers.

TXgirl77

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes he is!! I wish I had nude pics of him..:) I would be very surprised if there were any though.

His son was in one of the later Cocoon movies and he looks a lot like him. He doesn't have a lot of lines though.. he plays one of the aliens.

S

superbot

Really? David Niven (who played Edgar in WUTHERING HEIGHTS) was over at Olvier's house when Vivien was shooting STREETCAR. He saw Olivier and Brando making out in the pool. He said that Vivien seemed to know what was going on.

That's probably what drove Vivien to her mental breakdown.

Also, Joan Plowright denied the Kaye affair, but she never denied the bisexuality. She just described it as being part of a man being touched with a stroke of genius, or something like that.
I think you need to take the Niven/Brando thing with a pinch of salt.Firstly,David Niven was known for never letting facts get in the way of a good story and the book it came from,whose name I forget,similarly.Besides I am always amused by stories that seem to involve so and so 'walking in on' someone.Don't famous people have locks on their doors? Olivier himself touched on the bisexuality thing in his autobiography,in which he mentions one individual (un-named) for whom the idea might have appealed to him,but doesn't 'seemed' to have happened?! I think the point is that if someone is genuinely bisexual than you don't just 'do it' the once,it would occur through out that individuals life,esp as Olivier lived to be over 80.I think a few more individuals would come out of the woodwork by now! P.s Vivien Leigh's manic depression was certainly nothing to do with something as inconsequential as Olivier's bedroom antics,like a many sufferers it was something that cruelly seems to have been alotted to her and got worse after her divorce form L.O...

bigdicksarebest

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tony Randall
Roddy McDowall
Wally Cox
Richard Chamberlain
Cesar Romero
Raymond Burr
Montgomery Clift
Will Geer
Hurd Hatfield
Sir Nigel Hawthorne
Clifton Webb
Frankie Howerd
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Trebuchet,Times,Times New Roman,serif]Robert Taylor[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Trebuchet,Times,Times New Roman,serif]Tallulah Bankhead
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Trebuchet,Times,Times New Roman,serif]Louise Brooks
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Trebuchet,Times,Times New Roman,serif]Agnes Moorehead
[/FONT]Claudette Colbert
Janet Gaynor
Mary Martin
Dame Judith Anderson
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Trebuchet,Times,Times New Roman,serif]Barbara Stanwyck[/FONT]

Eaglepath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are those movie stars, entertainers, and famous who are known to be gay or bisexual. I personally have met several who claim to be now "straight" in the Club Baths in Reno (1970's highlighting at Harrah's, etc.); and now are married and have children, living whatever life choices they have made. I praise those who are authentic, and their privacy, to continue living their life choices harming no one. I feel they should be respected. We are all sexual human beings with 'chemistry' to attract regardless of gender, but with integrity, and respect to those we love and are committed to. I feel one's sexuality should never determine the quality of that person...gay, straight, bi, or whatever. "As long as they intentionally harm no one including themselves", the 2,500 year old definition of "morality".

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you guys think this whole bearding thing aka guys marrying and having kids or just going out with other well known actresses, still goes on today in Hollywood so they can keep their careers going ?

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Absolutely it does. In fact, the boyf and I were only just having a conversation the other night about which current Hollywood leading men do exactly that. (We were inspired by the fact that a Montgomery Clift movie was on.)