Classic cheesy films...highly recommended?

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not a classic film, but today i watched "iron sky" - propably one of the weardest film i have ever seen. (A finish, german, austrian production)
Its the year 2018 and to get reelected does the american president (sarah palin) starts a new moon mission. Doring this mission do the astronauts discover a nazi moon basis, on the dark side of the moon. After 1945 nazis could escape to the moon and plan to conquer the world. Their discovery is the start to realise their plans...

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bringing up baby with Cary Grant and Kathrine Hepburn. Classic! Ran across it when I moved to NYC as a kid and didn't have any money so I had to watch nothing but pbs and it was on late night. Funny and happy and makes you feel good.

Bringing Up Baby (1938) - IMDb

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not having read this whole thread, so I assume that Showgirls (1995) - IMDb has already been mentioned.

Dreadful everything, to the point of just being laughable... The only thing I can compare "Showgirls" to, in all it's horribly acted glory, right now, is the terrible TV series, "Under the Dome"... One of the most ridiculous wastes of money, sets, and "talent", on television, ever!

It's so bad that it is guilty fun to watch!

Oh, and I think there was a lap-dance in the first season of it, but... Who cares!?

Last edited:
Reactions: dreamer20

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Not having read this whole thread, so I assume that Showgirls (1995) - IMDb has already been mentioned.

Dreadful everything, to the point of just being laughable... The only thing I can compare http: //www.imdb.com/title/tt0114436/ to, in all it's horribly acted glory, right now, is the terrible TV series, "Under the Dome"... One of the most ridiculous wastes of sets and "talent", on television, ever!

Have you seen Showgirls when it's been cleaned up for TV? Funniest thing ever! Without the profanity and the breasts covered with digital bikini-tops, it's a whole different experience.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you seen Showgirls when it's been cleaned up for TV? Funniest thing ever! Without the profanity and the breasts covered with digital bikini-tops, it's a whole different experience.

No, but it sounds ridiculously fantastic, to me... ;)

Then there is, social commentary writer, David Schmader's infamous "narration" of Showgirls, that has made the rounds of many film festivals around the globe.

He hits the nail on the head about how truly terrible this film is, to the point of laughing when your face hurts too much to laugh anymore.

David Schmader's One-Man Demolition of Showgirls, Thursday at Belcourt | Country Life | Nashville Scene

Not sure if that link still works for the video, but try to find it... He's a genius!.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: MickeyLee

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No, but it sounds ridiculously fantastic, to me... ;)

Then there is, social commentary writer, David Schmader's infamous "narration" of Showgirls, that has made the rounds of many film festivals around the globe.

He hits the nail on the head about how truly terrible this film is, to the point of laughing when your face hurts too much to laugh anymore.

David Schmader's One-Man Demolition of Showgirls, Thursday at Belcourt | Country Life | Nashville Scene

Not sure if that link still works for the video, but try to find it... He's a genius!.

A/B

I would love to see that! That movie just stunned me from the moment I saw it. First time I saw it - I was speechless. Second time, I nearly peed myself. You definitely need to see the "clean" version. It might change your life. :)

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would love to see that! That movie just stunned me from the moment I saw it. First time I saw it - I was speechless. Second time, I nearly peed myself. You definitely need to see the "clean" version. It might change your life. :)
I will look for it!... David Schmader's take on "Showgirls" changed the way people watch terrible, but, unconsciously hysterically funny films... IMHO... And, he does it like it is a dry, Film History professor's lecture. Looking to see if I can find his whole thing on YouTube.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Torch Song is so bad it's good. Seeing Joan in blackface is hysterical...And to think this was suppose to be her return to her old studio, MGM. Classic cheese..