Classic problem

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by iluv2xlr8, Nov 24, 2010.

1. iluv2xlr8

iluv2xlr8 Member

So there's this girl (Classic starting phrase) and we've been friends for a number of years now. Just friends. This girl had a boyfriend who I've also been friends with for a few years. Just not on the level of his ex and I. So these 2 break up and are friends now ( they've been together for 6 years) and have been seeing other people. Now the other day me and Carol (Female friend) spent the day together sightseeing in the city and grabbing lunch. Later on in the evening we go to a friends house and Chris (Male friend) calls Carol. She tells him about the day and how we're hanging with friends, and he seems to get pissed at her. My question is am I wrong for hanging out with Carol? She is very attractive and I could UNDERSTAND if there was a jealousy thing going on. But there's no feelings of a sexual nature involved between Carol and I. I don't want to lose Chris as a friend but I don't want to lose Carol either due to some jealous perception of something that isn't there. Any suggestions?

2. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    **moved to relationships

3. jockstrapfetish

He apprently had some level of emotions and feelings left for her, suggestion ask him what his problem with it is depending on his reasoning see who you value more as a friend and decide from there hope it helps
    -A

4. badger2395

badger2395 Member

To me the answer is pretty straightforward. Talk to him. Explain that your friendship with her predated their relationship, and that friendship for you isn't something subject to claims of ownership. Also explain you like him, but his behavior is not cool within the context of your relationship with HIM. It might seem a bit bracing to be this upfront, but better to be upfront than trying to sidle around the awkwardness.

Just my two pennies....

Draft saved Draft deleted