Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm glad someone else is finally calling out this poster, lol.
Yeah... you found one other miserable sonofabitch who doesn't like being held accountable for shoving his opinion where it wasn't solicited.

And then there's the crowd of folks who constantly call *you* out for being a tool

Reactions: socalfreak

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BTW, my steroid reference had nothing to do with your musculature (or lack thereof - I didn't look) and everything to do with your incredibly aggressive behavior.
Awww.....poor thing. :(
Did the strong, assertive girl intimidate you?
I'm sorry.
I'll try and remind her that we should treat old people like you more gently.
Go have a good cry, talk to your therapist, & vent to your wif.....Oh, wait, you don't have one.
Hmm...vent to your girlfr...Oh...right...you can't get one of those.
Well....maybe you and toilet ghoulie can get together and commiserate about how much you dislike girls because they won't give you the time of day.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Awww.....poor thing. :(
Did the strong, assertive girl intimidate you?
I'm sorry.
I'll try and remind her that we should treat old people like you more gently.
Go have a good cry, talk to your therapist, & vent to your wif.....Oh, wait, you don't have one.
Hmm...vent to your girlfr...Oh...right...you can't get one of those.
Well....maybe you and toilet ghoulie can get together and commiserate about how much you dislike girls because they won't give you the time of day.

Lol. What the f are you talking about? Why would you think I am intimidated by such a total ass?

Someone posts in an open forum; whether you like it or not, any and all responses are acceptable. At least mine don't focus on name-calling (and, no, I did not start the name calling).

[edit]No, text deleted. I will not drag my family into this stupid discussion.[edit]

The thing that cracks me up about this thread is - again - go back to my first post and tell me how we got from there to here.

Reactions: sangheili90

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lol. What the f are you talking about? Why would you think I am intimidated by such a total ass?

Someone posts in an open forum; whether you like it or not, any and all responses are acceptable. At least mine don't focus on name-calling (and, no, I did not start the name calling).

[edit]No, text deleted. I will not drag my family into this stupid discussion.[edit]

The thing that cracks me up about this thread is - again - go back to my first post and tell me how we got from there to here.
Your very first post "challenged" (lol) her diet.
She didn't ask for your uninformed input regarding her macros. She was looking for ways to keep her program going as is, while buying her supplies cheaper.
That's it.
Instead , you & your misogynist buddy, toilet ghoulie, decided that you knew what's right for her...And not her or her successful trainer.
Then, just to be the blue-ribbon-wearing douchebag of the bitter aarp club, you thought it was necessary to tell her you thought she was going to fail and put more weight on.
WHY??? Why the hell would you tell somebody that? Somebody who's making great progress & is happy...Why would you try and make them feel bad??
What is the value in that?
Do you and toilet ghoulie have *that*much animosity towards women?
If your life sucks that bad, that the only way you can boost yourself is by trying to knock somebody down who's doing well...I'm sorry.
But nobody here had anything to do with it.
If you think that you know better, because you're a male....you're wrong.
How about just answering the original question & keeping your idiotic/potentially harmful opinions about irrelevant tangents to yourself?
Can you do that? Or are you too butt-hurt to back down now?
For somebody who has stated more than once that they "don't care", you sure can't seem to clam up & leave it alone.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys, let's get back to the OP's topic--eating clean is expensive. Let's also keep our language "clean". You guys can agree to disagree, and do such in a respectable manner. Let's dispense with the animosity and name calling, please? Thanks.

I have a personal trainer. My training regimen over the past 21 years, based on his education, personal experience as a strength coach, competitive college wrestler and competitive bodybuilder, along with the most important part--his dietary guidance, have produced the results I sought.

During my journey, I have gone from 160 pounds to 250 pounds when I was in my bulking phase. It was what I wanted to look like at that time. Now I weigh 200 pounds and it's what I want to look like at this stage of my life. It's my choice.

Just like it's the OP's choice to have the trainer she has. And to follow the program he set up for her and her goals. And guess what folks, it's working for her! Isn't that what we should be celebrating here? Let me be one of the first to say to the OP--KUDOS TO YOU! You got the results you were seeking from your PT. That's why you hired him, eh?

And to those who say I can do without a trainer. No, I can't. That's because I know me. It's what works for me. It sounds like it's what works for the OP. And that's a good thing. It's important to remember that with any fitness regimen there really isn't any one size fits all. A good trainer will customize the client's program to suit the client's goals.

And lastly--FOOD. It is more expensive to eat cleanly. That's what the OP was ruminating about. She's right. Buying in bulk helps me. Buying my protein powder online from the Vitamin Shoppe helps big time. The crock pot is my friend.

Anyone else care to weigh in with some positive recommendations that have worked for them? I'd love to learn some new tricks for my fitness regimen.

D

deleted924715

I limit my carbs and find good quality chicken to be relatively expensive so I tend to buy the cheaper, tougher cuts of good quality meat (I prefer organic, grass fed) and cook batches in my slow cooker with veg - it's tasty, tender and satisfying, but the extra fat may throw off your macros?. I don't track mine, I just know roughly what works for me. I still enjoy curried chicken with cauliflower rice and intersperse with relatively cheap frozen fish and veg.

paintergal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It isn't for everyone... but we all have different obstacles. If it were easy for everyone, we wouldn't have so many 600 pound people. People say "just make small changes... do it gradually... ease in". That works for a lot of people... not for me. When I started losing weight, I absolutely needed to completely overhaul. It had to be all or nothing. I needed definite boundaries and the structure of monitoring macros gave them to me. It gave me opportunities to set small goals for myself as well as a structured way to let myself "cheat" and was the only thing that showed consistent progress. Using protein supplements gave me the amount of protein I needed for fewer calories which gave me a little bit of much needed wiggle room. Tons of people told me I was doing it wrong. Tons of people expected me to fail. Tons of people said it wouldn't last... and here I am... 6 years later, still going strong... flipping them all the bird.

People seem to forget that it isn't just a physical thing for a lot of people. Most people who carry a substantial amount of extra also carry a fair amount of mental and emotional baggage tied to those pounds. Losing weight, on paper, is far more simple than most people realize... but in practice is a completely different thing for an awful lot of people.
Anyway,
maybe she needs the trainer for motivation, maybe she needs the trainer to help hold her accountable, maybe she just needs him until she feels confident in the gym (that shit is HARD for women, especially when you're not just a cardio bunny. When you walk into the weight room someone may as well scream out "TITS ON DECK!!!". Not an easy thing to stomach for someone who's likely not comfortable in their own skin to begin with)... Whatever the case may be... she obviously feels the need to keep him around and stay on the plan she's on. She's getting the results she wants. I don't understand why everyone feels the need to tell her how she's doing it all wrong. You can't argue results. The woman just wanted to know if anyone had tips on buying cheaper chicken for chrissakes.
Thank you ! Its pretty clear that an overhaul lifestyle isn't cheap to come by. My trainer is aware of how I feel about the costs of food. He told me to go experiment and see what works and doesn't work.

Reactions: Snarky_succubus

paintergal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's psychological. "Diet" means a lot if things depending in who you're talking to. For some it's a negative term revolving around restriction and denial. For others it's a positive term revolving around dedication and control.

At the end if the day they're the same thing; controlling anything means allowing one thing but denying another. That's just how it works.

We will all get through this.
And I personally think we need be moving away from the negatives of the word "diet" and towards positive meanings. If I choose to wake up one day and decide to eat chocolate cake every day for breakfast while having McDonalds everyday for dinner, then that will be my daily diet. For some people, they eat unlimited veggies, with chicken and rice or sweet potatoes. Its like the meme I recently saw - mention junk food as a daily diet, noone bats an eye but mention brown rice, chicken, and veggies, everyone bats an eye.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I, for one, salute you for what you're doing. I'll be your biggest cheerleader and I'm more than happy to help if ever you need it. I *won't* shove it down your throat but I *will* share what things have worked for me if you ever want an opinion. Although, maybe in private message so we don't have to hear pages and pages about how wrong we're doing it from people who've never had to lose a significant amount of weight before.

ZarbK

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It can be but doesn't have to be.... all depends on what your eating and how your buying, shop around, watch sale ads, buy bulk when possible and buy enough for a week at a time, if your running to the store daily it will break you.

exactly. clean eating can actually be less expensive in my experience. packaged and boxed foods are more pricey than getting veg and fruit and cooking for yourself. and the packaged items tend to have the most crap and preservatives in them.

shopping wise at grocery stores, my mom taught me that to shop cheap when you want to save you should do the rounds around the perimeter of the store where all your basics are. ie the produce section or dairy. most of the expensive stuff like packaged foods and snacks are in the aisles in the middle of the store and can be mostly ignored unless you need something specific.
plus shopping around at different grocery stores and watching for sales you can live fairly inexpensively and eat well at the same time. :)

bothhands

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Amen Brother!!! Perimeter of a grocery store always the good stuff, a person would be killing it if they never went down an aisle of the store.. but that never happen lol myself included.

Reactions: MickeyLee

nokia88

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm wondering if someone wants to share his eating schema (too lose weight). Few years ago i start reading into this stuff and tried to make a plan with protein, carb, fat intake but it didn't work out.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Poor quality foods are cheaper then healthy foods. This is one of the key contributors to obesity in lower income people.

That is totally incorrect, it's actually cheaper to buy real food then buying "junk food"...
for 3 people we got it down to $350-400 before it was $500-700/month...

that is why Supermarkets get you in the produce side first as to make you feel good about your choices.
Literally Zero Profit in the produce section .. that is why they suck you into the meat section and junk food Food aisle(s) after that.. that is where the HUGE profits for the store is at... everything in a store is by design for them to make the most amount of profit off of you...

3HandsfulofDick

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Poor quality foods are cheaper then healthy foods. This is one of the key contributors to obesity in lower income people.

Its not necessarily the cheaper food, it’s the salt and grease used to cook the food ..It may not be the cause of all obesity but it does cause diabetes hypertension cholesterol and other health issues..