Cleaning DVDs, CDs ?

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I bought one the other night that freezes up towards the end. And yes, it came from a pawn shop ($1.50) but I thought it was ok, minus a few scuffs.

Any ideas on home remedies to make it play?

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I assume this is a DVD?

Use either isopropyl/denatured alcohol and a microfibre or lint free cloth / piece of clothing and clean from the centre outwards.

Just running the disc under some water then cleaning in circular motions is also pretty good for discs with lots of finger prints / dirt.

Also there are some games shops (video game shops/stores) which let you use a CD cleaner which basically does the above process for you for around $3-5 or so.

There are also professional CD cleaning kits you can purchase but the ones I've seen are pretty basic and as said above they don't do anything you can't do yourself.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cleaning won't remove scuffs. If the scuffs are causing the disc to skip, you'll need to get the disc resurfaced. Video rental places are often able to do this for five bucks or so.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you drink it before, during or after the disc cleaning? :confused:

Seriously, I don't have any vodka but how about Michelob Ultra? :wink:

When I lived in the Caribbean vodka was cheaper than windex and I used to wash my windows with it. Long story short I keep it around for company and CD/DVD cleaning. I drink scotch.