Click To End Hunger

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But you still haven't let it go....

Neither of us have, I'm rather partial to flashy and would appreciate some sort of resolution or agreement but its clear that there's only one perceived bad guy. "One person" who was wrong. "One person" who hasn't let it go, I forgot you can tango by yourself if you just...move the left foot around and try to....maybe if you.... Nope. Can't tango by yourself.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Liar. I'll do another 30 minutes if u can use one of those words in your defense of solo-tangoing. I'm actually curious to see what this looks like, especially in public. Go outside and do the self-tango in the middle of the street and see how people respond! :)

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then we're finally at the root. It's not that you asked me, it's how you asked me that turned me off. Big difference between asking someone to get on topic (after ONE off-topic) post and calling someone immature and insisting that you're going to talk to them like a child. I HAVE admitted that I was wrong for going off topic, you've yet to admit to your ridiculous complex that I need some sort of parenting. I've apologized for going OT, I've complimented you, commended you for your thread and even stated that I don't have any major grievances with you, only to be talked down to by you, are my hands really the only bloody ones??

you are completely impossible.

HOW i asked you is the problem, then is it?

what is wrong with this?

marley, i appreciate that you like a good political discussion, as we all do, but can we please cease all political discussion in this thread?

This is about helping hungry people, not politics.

in the time taken to argue about politics in this thread, you could be be clicking away and making a difference to a starving person.

you received a compliment for an appreciation for having political discussions.
you received a cordial "please"
you received a "thanks" and a smiley face.

if you are "turned off" by being politely asked to stop going off topic, than i can't help you with that problem.

it was after two off-topic posts that i posted that cordial, polite response, and only after your third and then immature off-topic response, did i say you were being child-like.

what you are doing now is not, in fact, childlike, but you have regressed far further than that, back into the embryonic stage, which technically precedes childhood...and infancy...and birth.

I do not believe you need parenting.

I believe you need something...what, i don't know.

as for this thread now devolving into who has "blood on their hands", for your behavior, this is becoming farcical.

this is my last posting to you in this thread.

I am done wasting time in this thread on such absurdities.

You may have the last word if you want.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You may have the last word if you want.

Yay!!! You were polite but whether or not I did so correctly, I took the last statement in your post as "I'm better than you." Without it I'd have apologized for going off topic, the inclusion felt like a slap in the face after compliments and a polite plea. That's where ALL this came from, without that final "in the time it took" I'd have happily complied. Maybe I misunderstood it, but the proof is in the pudding!!! I hope there isn't any sour taste in your mouth after this thread, but I hope you aren't thinking this was an inevitable, unavoidable case of marley going nuts for no reason. I like you and your thread kicks ass.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Then we're finally at the root. It's not that you asked me, it's how you asked me that turned me off. Big difference between asking someone to get on topic (after ONE off-topic) post and calling someone immature and insisting that you're going to talk to them like a child. I HAVE admitted that I was wrong for going off topic, you've yet to admit to your ridiculous complex that I need some sort of parenting. I've apologized for going OT, I've complimented you, commended you for your thread and even stated that I don't have any major grievances with you, only to be talked down to by you, are my hands really the only bloody ones??

Kindly take your personal feelings off the board to PM, IM or e-mail.

This thread deserves to stay on topic.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMFG.

the vocab test/free rice has just answered a mystery that has baffled me for 12 years!

One of my fave movies is Fargo...in the scene where they abduct Jerry Lundegaard's wife from the house, she bites one of the abductors, Gaer Grimsrud (the blond dude) as he goes upstairs he is moaning something i never knew what he was asking for...he was saying "I need Ungwin" or something a couple of times...and i always wondered that the hell he was looking for, in the medicine cabinet, thinking Ungwin was a disinfectant or something...

sure enough on Freerice, "unguent = ointment"

so he was saying "I need unguent"....aaaahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

so not only have i helped the hungry, but i have solved one of the most annoying mysteries of my cinematic life history!!!!

hooray!!!!

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nice, we're going to bankrupt the sponsors if this lasts a few months
well if you can bankrupt pizzahut/tacobell/kfc YUM! Brands is one sponsor of the site. Unilever is another. That lil ad at the bottom is who the sponsor is at the moment.

actually quite fun, and addictive, realizing the etymologies of words and the associations that become obvious when you see real connection of them

The computer voice that says some words lacks all euphony !