Clicking on Ads on the LPSG

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hey Mark,

I noticed you have a bunch of different advertisers featured on your site. I'm familiar with Overstock.com so I clicked on that banner, and I was wondering, what sorta goodies do you get if we give those banners there an occasional click? In the long run, would it help ease the out-of-pocket costs for you running this site?

--Dee

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, Overstock doesn't pay very well, but I figured it would be a good idea to have some banners that would appeal to everyone. I believe I get 3% on sales from Overstock.com if you go through my banner. I don't get anything from click-throughs alone. That model of internet advertising is dead, for the most part. But affiliate programs that pay a percentage of sales to their affiliates are alive and well.

It looks like the Premium Membership idea is working out very well for me, so I won't have to rely on banner ads the way I used to with the old boards.

Thanks for asking, Dee. ;)

LoveGirl: Ya that's a really good question, and a good answer. Thanks for letting me know.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also liked the larger magnum condom ads, seems like something that might actually be useful on here. Shameless merchandising is always a winner tho!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Originally posted by MarkSavage@Jun 3 2004, 02:10 AM
Well, Overstock doesn't pay very well, but I figured it would be a good idea to have some banners that would appeal to everyone. I believe I get 3% on sales from Overstock.com if you go through my banner...
I checked out Overstock a while back and found some good deals on computer parts. If I see it again, I'll give you your 3%, administrative bro. In the meantime, maybe you could round up a few more e-merchants like Overstock? It'd be like a war effort for dicks -- reinvestment 'n all!