climbing harnesses

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

hms: Has anyone here had any embarassing experiences with climbing harnesses, like those used for rock climbing?

I'm starting to get interested in climbing and recently went to REI to try on a harness. I wore the shorts I thought I'd be wearing for climbing - loose nylon with built-in briefs. I hang 7"-8" soft and the harnesses straps totally framed my package from all sides. I knew there might be some kind of bulge but this was outrageous. You should have seen the look on the face of the girl who was helping me. She had me tie in and hang from a rope to test the fit, which cinched the harness even tighter. She was trying to act normal but she was staring the entire time. I did end up buying it, though.

Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do when I'm wearing this thing for real. Wear a jock underneath my shorts?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=hms link=board=clothing;num=1079744414;start=0#0 date=03/19/04 at 16:51:14]Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do when I'm wearing this thing for real.  Wear a jock underneath my shorts?
    [/quote]

Why? Who's gonna see it.....besides that little old lady with the telescope at her kitchen window!

3. KinkGuy

Gold Member

You're complaining? Be proud! Show off the package.

4. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: Those climbing harnesses will make even the smallest of crotches look enormous. It's best to try and not think of it. There isn't anything you can do to change their design.

5. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I used to go rock climbing in college, when the climbing gym trend first started. A couple of my roommates were into it too and we went together. The first time was one of the few times that friends of mine seemed to be making comparisons. As mentioned above, even an average-sized guy looks pretty hefty when framed by those harnesses. (It made me think that gay guys should really take up that sport!) But my package was really obvious and I felt kind of weird about it. It was like, "OK, let's get climbing!"

6. Imported

Gold Member

fitdude: I say climb (the wall, that is) and just enjoy any attention your package may occasion. Life IS meant to be fun.

7. Imported

Gold Member

Duo187: Yeah, I have, it was during a trip with a group I'm in, People my age, 17-19, and well...when I put the thing on I had to put my penis in an uncomfortable posistion to keep the straps from pressing up against it too hard. When I looked down at it I was really embaressed, looked like I had stuck a grape fruit into my pants. A few women stared at it, one, Chelsea, who knew bout it came up and poked it and started rubbing it. She had always jokingly said she wanted to feel it...but that was the closest she had come....lol

8. johnstone1985

johnstone1985 New Member

I remember an adventure weekend I was on a while back, and we had to abseil down into a gorge into a freezing cold river.

Everything was fine, until I dangled myself off the side and I found out (in the most painful manner) that I had a testicle trapped under a strap. The instructor said that he had never seen a beginner go down so fast.

I can honestly say that I was the only person who enjoyed the numbness of the freezing cold water!

9. HungArnold

HungArnold New Member

i have never worn one.

10. Imported

Gold Member

suaige: we went repelling for a church activity with some teens and adults in 20s. one of them was really stacked I think it was an adult. The younger teens really felt inadequate, we were using ropes and they make you stick out as much as a harness I'm sure. The guy leading was helping get guys in was pretty much at waist level strait and really non chalantly made come comment like, some got more than others but we don't care. That took pretty good care of it. I was a bit nervous, but after that guy, I had nothing to worry about.

11. ponybilt

ponybilt Member

Albums:
    Went rock climbing last year with co-workers for a team building exercise (why, when you do it singly?).

Most of us wore jeans and I show pretty well in jeans to begin ewith, but when I was strapped up, I thought, "holy crap, let's just start this -- now."

I did get a prolonged stare from the guy who strapped me up, though. :)

12. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

How considerate of you to remember, pony. I would think after the first thousand, or so, looks you would be so accustomed to them, you would hardly notice, stud.

13. Imported

Gold Member

bmf: as some one mentioned, the harnesses make any package look pronounced. its just one of those climbing things

14. ponybilt

ponybilt Member

Albums:
    Well, Roy, the instances when a guy is on his knnes in front of me, his face about a foot from my crotch.... well, those I remember with great clarity :)

15. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Well, Roy, the instances when a guy is on his knnes in front of me, his face about a foot from my crotch.... well, those I remember with great clarity :) [/b][/quote]
    Spoken like a true connoisseur of supreme oral, pony. Your posts, along with the avatar, stimulate urges and saliva excretions in preparation for such an event.

:p Luke

Draft saved Draft deleted