clinton 2.0

Discussion in 'Politics' started by houtx48, Jan 5, 2009.

1. houtx48

Gold Member

I see obama has picked more of bill's leftovers, leon pannetta. who is going to be running things in this administration?

2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

You answered your own question. The only thing that's 'changed' since 1999 are the ages of the Admininstration members.

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    EZ question. OBAMA is the boss........next question?>

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well lets see what these people can do before we pass judgement. I certainly feel more confident with a White House staff that does not have to experience the learning curve as we have experienced twice in the last eight years.

5. transformer_99

Gold Member

That's basically what "W" Bush was, retreaded, crusty old geezers that predated even daddy Bush's single term. Ronald Dumsfeld and Dick Cheney, those two guys alone, go back to Nixon & Ford.

Obama doesn't have enough colleagues to fill a cabinet with appointees and the one's he does have are of questionable reputation, business as usual for Washington DC. Obama is hardly change, he is just a passing of the torch, on to the next generation of carpetbaggers and snake oil salesmen in DC that will fleece America.

6. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Most of these folks are perfectly qualified. If Obama started nominating people no one had heard of, can you imagine what the peanut factory would be saying?

7. B_starinvestor

Probably something like, "Wow, he really is changing something."

8. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, if he was doing that, some folks would carp, "Those people haven't been tested; they are inexperienced."

Phooey.

9. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Throughout our history, the country has always been run by recycled politicians. The "change" we'll likely see is a government that actually tries to work together. I think the Dems have enough votes to get some things done. If the GOP wants to pass any of their own legislation over the next 4 years, they'll have to play ball with Obama in all likelihood.

10. B_starinvestor

His campaign theme was CHANGE knucklehead.

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think it was change for the US and the people, I don't think mentioning his staff choices have anything to do with it and I know you know that too!

12. B_starinvestor

I don't want to take this off course, but getting the 'same old politics' out of Washington? I mean, if I wanted to shake up the Cincinnati Bengals, and was hired upon that promise....and then upon taking the post I re-hired all the same coaches, scouts and players...exactly how much could I change? They still run, block and tackle the same way.

Obama can't micromanage the vast activities in his Administration...these peeps are gonna be doin their thing...have they all done an About-face on their political strategies at the ripe ole (avg) age of 65?

The truth is that his campaign slogan could have been 'Farting Outdoors' and he still would have won. But pushing that change stuff....well...talking out of both sides of his mouth IMO.

13. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Ummm where ya been the last month or two.

Course we're supposed to stay silent until the 1/20...

so much for "change n' hope"

meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

14. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Right, right, chap... his own state... Burris seemed to listen quite well...

15. piledrivenasshole

Albums:
    Really, a man your age..........BEND OVER, GRAB YOUR NECK WITH BOTH HANDS AND PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!:biggrin1:

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And you obviously saw more into that statement than the average person, idiot. :rolleyes:

17. B_starinvestor

that's one of the nicest things you've ever said to me, VB:smile:

Obviously, 'change' didn't mean shit. Obama is certainly 'changing' by the day with his deteriorating appointments and silence.

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Let's correct your statement so that it really reflects what YOU think and not a general consensus of people.

Obviously, "change" to you meant something completely radical and different. You expected everything in congress and the incoming GOP to be something never seen before. Completely new faces. Completely new ideals. From the ground up, you expected Obama's "change" message to represent a complete disregard of anything and everything you've ever known in regards to the country was run and who governed it.

Ummm, yeah... and somehow you think people who voted for Obama were the fools? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's YOU that was the fool. You put too much into what the campaign slogan was. YOU made the mistake in interpreting his message and came up with some improbable ideal as to what he meant. And now, because it doesn't match what you had swimming in that little brain of yours, you're here (along with Butthead) talking about how everyone who voted for Obama has been duped. You're supposed to be a rational thinking adult. ACT like one. Because if can be this easily duped just on a campaign slogan, then maybe you should consider leaving Politics to those who actually know how to use their brains?

19. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Name calling again. We don't have Bush to be President after the 21st. That's the best CHANGE of all.

Do you always call people names when you're frustrated?

20. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    We've had eight years of shit.

We're changing that crusty smell of a diaper of Government that Bush has presided over and gone into many many times.

So--the upcoming President--who has been elected and not even in office--is a worse politician that the guy leaving?

What part of the TWILIGHT ZONE did you fall out of?

Draft saved Draft deleted