Clinton as VP?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm torn with this one, seriously torn.

By all rights, Clinton should be the VP. She finished almost equal to Obama, he was slightly ahead. She has a base and she appeals to voters that he may not be able to reach. She has all the experience she needs and she would be great as the attack dog type of VP. She has undoubtedly earned a place in history with Obama.

Has she gone too far though? In her desire to win the nomination her campaign has been openly hostile. She has not set herself up well for the number 2 spot and I wonder if the damage she has done to Obama personally is too great to overcome.

There's a part of me that thinks that Obama needs Clinton to win this because the party is fractured, and only she can pull it back together since it was her wedges that drove the party apart. Obama will need the support of women to win and Clinton helps with that. And there's the keep your enemies closer thing. Better to have Clinton in your corner than going after you.

I thought Clinton would realize all of this and make it easy for herself and Obama. I'm not sure if her anger at him for usurping what she must feel she legitimately earned will allow her to be VP candidate that he needs her to be.

I think Clinton needs to figure out what she wants now. If she wants to be the VP and can be ok with that, she'll be a tremendous help. I'm not sure if she's mentally ready to be the VP after her heart was focused on being the President.

If she is going to be a bitter VP, I'd rather it be someone else. If she's going to embrace the historical significance of the Obama/Clinton ticket, I'd be thrilled to watch it happen.

Torn.

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
Clinton should be the nominee. She has the most popular votes.

For Obama's sake, he better hope she graces him with her name for VP. Otherwise he will lose in a landslide in November.

I don't think Hillary should help that guy at all.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It will be great, and extra historic to have the first black man and first woman to hold such high positions in US government.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
From what I've gathered, Obama sees the whole of her attacking him as playing devil's advocate on his campaign. He does respect her as a politician through it all and may be able to get over the past to extend the olive branch (and thus the VP spot on his ticket). After all, diplomacy is "his thing."
Besides, to really secure a victory, he's going to need her supporters to cross over into his camp. Since too many of his supporters can't shut up with the slander (seriously people, shut the fuck up), he's may have to give it to her to get the whole of their support.
I still stand by the belief that the bulk of her experience is actually observation of Bill's experience. While this is barely an issue in her qualification for President, knowledge through observation would prove useful in the supporting partner position of Vice President.

Clinton should be the nominee. She has the most popular votes.

That isn't how the system works though. You may think that's how the system should work, but you can't feel cheated because the rules about proportional representation were the same as when the process started.

Now if you'd like to dump proportional representation and argue for direct vote, go right ahead.

For Obama's sake, he better hope she graces him with her name for VP. Otherwise he will lose in a landslide in November.

I think it's still too early to know who is going to win or lose in a landslide. It's amazing how many twists and turns elections can take between now and November. Hell, we've even had elections where the guy who won wasn't even a public name by this point in the election! It's a madhouse process.

I don't think Hillary should help that guy at all.

I take it you're pro-Hillary so try to see it from her side. She still has her senate seat, she still has huge name recognition and lots of fans like you. She's a player in the party and it's in her best interest to back whomever the party eventually nominates. She will come out of this more powerful than she was before and you can be sure that come next year, when she calls the White House, nobody is going to put her on hold. She has many battles ahead of her and she'll need the president's backing to win them.

Think about it: a senator who can virtually guarantee the president's support for her bills, her committees, her earmarks. A president of the same party no less! Guess how many of Hillary's fellow congresspeople will ask her to back their legislation?

No, if she's smart, she'll cooperate with Obama and look to her own future.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
lol...it's hilarious how you only seem to post to bash Clinton. geez, you'd swear she set your house on fire and laughed as it burned.

Glad I'm not the only one amused. :biggrin1: I'm riding on Cloud Nine at the moment. As far as I'm concerned, this nation just dodged the biggest bullet in decades.

And yes, I'm not a nice person...I regale in the moment in every respect imaginable. I'm celebrating with my people here at home, and I'm lording it over the dipshits who haven't figured out the reality yet.

Celebrate (or mourn) as you will...I wouldn't presume to tell you how to feel.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Glad I'm not the only one amused. :biggrin1: I'm riding on Cloud Nine at the moment. As far as I'm concerned, this nation just dodged the biggest bullet in decades.

And yes, I'm not a nice person...I regale in the moment in every respect imaginable. I'm celebrating with my people here at home, and I'm lording it over the dipshits who haven't figured out the reality yet.

Not only did Obama win the nomination tonight, but hazelgod became the Official Laughingstock of LPSG.

I'd say you were a nice enough person, just unbelievably stupid.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honestly, i want clinton to win. Yes, she does have more experience but I think Obama is moving too fast. I'm not saying i dont like the guy, i'm just saying maybe i'll vote for him in like 8 years or so. Then again, I might just vote for Chealsy. The Clintons are trying to become the new Kennedys.

I must agree though. Clinton hasn't set herself up to be vice pres. How can she run as vp when she openly criticizes his policies. The same for Obama. Neither of them would make good vp for each other. If Clinton would get the nomination the smartest move she could make is having Bill as VP. Very smart move. Being that you can only be elected president for two terms this leaves the vp seat with unlimited terms. And if she takes sick leave, resigns or whatever he'll be president ( its not from popular vote cause thats prohibited). They would make the best pres and vp ever. Who better to work with each other than husband and wife. Don't you and your spouses get through rough patches? (well atleast most of you) You get mad but when its time for bed its long and forgotten when you're having great sex.

If Clinton doesn't get the nomination i'll just vote 4 mccain. No homo but his wife cindy is really hot!

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

well, i did feel a twinge of sadness for Clinton. She will basically always be the First Lady of the U.S, imo. Just like Bill will always be the U.S President to me. i grew up knowing these people in their positions. I always liked her. Plus, the whole never giving up thing does seem very admirable even though it might have been to cover up her debts and stuff like that. But the campaign is basically over for her.

i think the VP spot for her would be wonderful. like mem said a while back, it's a nice historic touch, even though i noticed that alot of people hate her! even on Facebook, there's a group One Million Strong against Hillary, and they've actually exceeded one million which is rare for a Facebook group. shocking to me.

Obama fans should celebrate because he won a hard campaign, because Hillary was indeed sooooooo close. So, by all means, pop the champagne, but please! stop with the bashing and the use of the C-word! i cringe everytime you use the word.

and come on! i always knew you weren't the nicest guy on the site, but i see it as part of the HazelGod that i know. :tongue:

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Honestly, i want clinton to win. Yes, she does have more experience but I think Obama is moving too fast. I'm not saying i dont like the guy, i'm just saying maybe i'll vote for him in like 8 years or so. Then again, I might just vote for Chealsy. The Clintons are trying to become the new Kennedys.

I must agree though. Clinton hasn't set herself up to be vice pres. How can she run as vp when she openly criticizes his policies. The same for Obama. Neither of them would make good vp for each other. If Clinton would get the nomination the smartest move she could make is having Bill as VP. Very smart move. Being that you can only be elected president for two terms this leaves the vp seat with unlimited terms. And if she takes sick leave, resigns or whatever he'll be president ( its not from popular vote cause thats prohibited). They would make the best pres and vp ever. Who better to work with each other than husband and wife. Don't you and your spouses get through rough patches? (well atleast most of you) You get mad but when its time for bed its long and forgotten when you're having great sex.

If Clinton doesn't get the nomination i'll just vote 4 mccain. No homo but his wife cindy is really hot!

I love the way this went completely over hazel's head.

Then again I might just vote for Chealsy

THAT is hilarious.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't imagine Obama will want to deal with the Clintons in a VP capicity. I give the Clintons credit for getting rid of the debt while in office. But Bill in the public eye has serious (PR) potenial for problems. He will want to be out there all the time. I think they had there time. Obama will pull more people if she will fade back and let some time go by. Who ever he picks, the strategy needs to be to get McCain talking. McCain really can be hot headed and I think he has had an easy ride so far. Will it will be an interesting election time. Certainly historic. I enjoy all the views here. You all are so smart.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lol...it's hilarious how you only seem to post to bash Clinton. geez, you'd swear she set your house on fire and laughed as it burned.

She didn't do anything that bad. What she did was clearly worse. She went against her pledge not to use telemarketers to promote her campaign. Oh, the HORROR!!!! Or did we all forget the 40+ page thread of extreme malarkey called "Hillary Clinton Cares Nothing About Democracy"?

Yeah... all this hate for a candidate because he didn't have Caller ID activated. :rolleyes:

becominghorse said:
Not only did Obama win the nomination tonight, but hazelgod became the Official Laughingstock of LPSG.

Yes, there is a God in Large Penis-Land. Not sure if it's Bbucko, Industrialsize or OCMuscleJock, but that would be a primary I'd love to watch. :wink: :biggrin1:

I respect your position Will.

The first presidents I grew up with were Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Carter! So forgive me if I don't have nostalgia for politicians. I did like Roslyn Carter and Betty Ford though. Both were better at their jobs than their husbands. Betty Ford in particular broke a lot of taboos. I think she has been underrated.

Nobody really liked Nancy Reagan and she never seemed nearly as warm and friendly as her husband despite being an actress herself.

Barbara Bush seemed like the kindly grandmother type though she looked so much older than George Bush that she was frequently mistaken for his mother.

People either loved or hated Ladybird Johnson. Sadly, her tenure followed the spectacular, if brief, office of Jacqueline Kennedy, easily the most loved first lady of the second half of the 20th century. She did send Lyndon's recipe for barbecue rib rub to my cousin though, so maybe she wasn't all bad. LBJ made awesome ribs!