Clinton as VP?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Their stances only differ in the slightest when it comes to things like Equal Rights for Gay & Lesbians and Health Care. They're much more alike than McCain.

Which is why I can't figure out for the life of me why her supporters are blackmailing They are soooo fucking angry. It is really turning my stomach to hear all of these older white women rant about how Barack Obama isn't qualified and how they will either stay home or vote for McCain. They think that Obama is stealing the election! I can't believe the gall of her supporters. You all can hate HazelGod... he wants you to hate him, but you can't lump all of the rest of the Obama people into one group of assholes. It is just not true that we are a bunch of jerks... we have been just as much of a jerk as Hillary's supporters were.

You Hillary supporters who won't vote for Obama are anti-American in your hatred for a kind and gentle man. Those Democrats who would vote for McCain aren't Democrats at all.

A guy like HazelGod gets his hatred of Clinton honestly... he is in a segment of the population that absolutely does not like her... and they have real reasons to dislike her... she is a polarizing figure, she has always been. Her voice is harsh and her cackle of a laugh sounds like a witches laugh. She isn't funny nor is she charming. She is one of the most insincere sounding politicians in the Democratic party that I have ever heard. She is uncomfortable in her own skin. People forget that she was a coorporate lawyer crushing little people with a strong fist in favor of big business. I DON'T WANT A COORPORATE LAWYER IN THE WHITE HOUSE. I would rather have a public advocate or a lawyer that FIGHTS coorporate lawyers in the White House. It's really rather simple why people don't want her as president... and then there was the scorched earth primary that her campaign waged against an honest man.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
whoope im so excited about getting to put a tick in a box. in essense it amounts to either pushing a button or pushing a pen. that's worth dying for.

there are other alternatives to democracy...

yes and before you say im from the uk.. well as your ex colonail master i wonder if we did the right think allowing you your own cuntry so i mean country.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh dear not knowing one's history how tragic. washington's forces spent most of their time either press ganging people into their forces or waiting for the french to rescure them.. which they did.

simple war of attrition if your supply route is across the atlantic of course you're fighting with one arm behiind your back. but with you guys you were too busy raising both arms surrendering to us all the time.

and last time i looked in a history book america got her arse kicked by peasants in vietnam armed too with pitchforks (your quote)

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hazel, the sooner you stop bitching about Hillary and start welcoming Hillary voters to vote for Obama, the better chances Obama has.

I welcome anyone to join me in supporting Barack Obama who's gifted with the sense enough to come to that decision independently...just as I did. I'm not interested in pandering to anyone, cajoling their "support" for the right guy...particularly the crowd who's been spouting their delusional nonsense (the worst of whom having been decidedly silent) for the past several weeks. My hand is extended to any who desire to come aboard...but it holds no bribes.

Freddie53 said:
What we think of Hillary shouldn't matter.

Oh, but it does...read on.

Freddie53 said:
Obama has run a good campaign. No doubt about it. If he selects Hillary, I expect to come out of the starting gate spouting Obmaa/Hillary adn be proud of it. Your loyalty to Obmaa almost demands that you do that.

Actually, if you're like me and believe in Obama's vision of bringing about meaningful changes in the way national politics are conducted in Washington, then the inclusion of Hillary on his presidential ticket flies in the face of that platform. In addition to being a vindictive liar, she's a notorious political insider with a documented history of back-dealing and pandering to lobbied special interests. Her presence would be a betrayal to his message, making a lie out of everything he represents for me.

Fortunately, I believe he has the best political team available helping formulate campaign strategies right now, and I'm sure they're thinking these same things. They know she's damaged goods, and will only hurt him in a general election race...not only with the shit she's slung around during the primary season, but with all the reindeer games from the Clintons' past that the GOP would have a five-month field-day with if she's on the ticket. Obama's had to sidestep enough landmines already with much more tenuous associations...I can't see his campaign voluntarily draping this albatross around its neck.

No, the long and short of it is that his campaign will select a VP who doesn't carry the stink of HRC along...and the people who have a clue, who can get over the bitterness of Clinton's loss and realize what's best for the future of this nation, will come on board of their own volition. And they will be welcomed without rancor.

For those who continue to labor under the delusion that you're now some spoiler force to be courted, entitled to have your asses kissed in order to draw your support, believing that Obama's campaign cannot win without you...I have a sip of his New Hampshire kool-aid for you:

We have been told that we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics, and they will only grow louder and more dissonant in the weeks and months to come...

For when we have faced down impossible odds, when we've been told we're not ready, or that we shouldn't try, or that we can't...generations of Americans have responded with a simple creed that sums up the spirit of a people:

Yes, we can.

Believe it.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I just heard on TV that if Hillary becomes Vice President, that Obama better get a food taster. Some commentator said this. Can you believe this? Guess he feels that maybe the Clinton's will try and have Obama poisoned. :dunno:

Fear mongering at it's best...
Or at its worst. I'm just not sure anymore.

Seriously, people push the whole "black assassination" button so much, it's almost laughable at this point.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hillary won't be VP. Here's why:

1. Her personality is too strong and she would view herself as "co-president". She'd find it hard to follow Obama and would instead over shadow him.

2. The Bill factor: The combination of Bill/Hillary would diminish Obama and we'd likely see the Clinton's on TV more than Obama.

3. On a night that she could've been conciliatory and let Obama have center stage, she didn't. She is as defiant now as ever. She does not handle the "truth" or her failures well at all.

4. She didn't even endorse Obama on the night that he launched his presidential campaign against McCain.

5. For more than a year, she has slung filth all over him with no apology.

6. The next leader of the free world is not going to have his hand forced to take Hillary on the ticket. That would cause him to look weak. There is no way that she could join the ticket that would appear otherwise. Obama will pick his VP, not Hillary.

The most I can see for Hillary is a cabinet spot. Perhaps Secretary of State or Attorney General. Its nice that she is "open" to being VP, but it hasn't been offered and you don't say you're open to something until its offered to you.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously, people push the whole "black assassination" button so much, it's almost laughable at this point.

His security detail is amazing; you'd think he was King of the World. At least not yet =) Seriously though, there will be books written about his security detail one day.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, the long and short of it is that his campaign will select a VP who doesn't carry the "stink" of HRC along...and the people who have a clue, who can get over the bitterness of Clinton's loss and realize what's best for the future of this nation, will come on board of their own volition. And they will be welcomed without rancor.

Thank you, that was well said HazelGod, I couldn't have said it better! :biggrin1:

Hillary won't be VP. Here's why:

1. For more than a year, she has slung filth all over him with no apology.

2. The next leader of the free world is not going to have his hand forced to take Hillary on the ticket. That would cause him to look weak. There is no way that she could join the ticket that would appear otherwise. Obama will pick his VP, not Hillary.

Tell it like it is brother. :wink:

His security detail is amazing; you'd think he was King of the World. At least not yet =) Seriously though, there will be books written about his security detail one day.

I saw it last night and those security guys looked fucking SERIOUS!!! They are devoted to their man and I feel a whole lot better about his chances of survival. He will only be assassinated if his security detail looks the other way, and they look like they are consummate professionals. :smile:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Imagine what will happin if even half the 18 million that voted for HRH turn to McCain? So you see Obama does NOT have this in the bag as so many feel.

one of the effects of the long and vociferous Democratic squabbling, was the registration of many new voters, mostly on the Democratic side

query this raises is how many were supporting Hillary, and would they then vote for Obama, or McCain?

Hazel, the sooner you stop bitching about Hillary and start welcoming Hillary voters to vote for Obama, the better chances Obama has.

We may not agree on a lot about this campaign, but at this point we both agree that between Obama and McCain, Obama is clearly the very strong choice of both of us.

as Martin Luther King said, we are a fifteen minute nation, so the rancor will likely be forgotten by November

question, again, is how many Hillary supporters can be captured by Obama?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nothing like politics on a penis web site,lol

believe it or not some Democrats actually have dicks :tongue:

the old style Democrats (circa John F Kennedy) actually had balls, as well (as when he stood up to the Soviets)

yes, it's true (I know difficult to believe, given that Obama runs around with the Democratic mantle ... when he's not in Muslim dress, that is)

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Which is why I can't figure out for the life of me why her supporters are blackmailing They are soooo fucking angry. It is really turning my stomach to hear all of these older white women rant about how Barack Obama isn't qualified and how they will either stay home or vote for McCain. They think that Obama is stealing the election! I can't believe the gall of her supporters. You all can hate HazelGod... he wants you to hate him, but you can't lump all of the rest of the Obama people into one group of assholes. It is just not true that we are a bunch of jerks... we have been just as much of a jerk as Hillary's supporters were.

You Hillary supporters who won't vote for Obama are anti-American in your hatred for a kind and gentle man. Those Democrats who would vote for McCain aren't Democrats at all.

A guy like HazelGod gets his hatred of Clinton honestly... he is in a segment of the population that absolutely does not like her... and they have real reasons to dislike her... she is a polarizing figure, she has always been. Her voice is harsh and her cackle of a laugh sounds like a witches laugh. She isn't funny nor is she charming. She is one of the most insincere sounding politicians in the Democratic party that I have ever heard. She is uncomfortable in her own skin. People forget that she was a coorporate lawyer crushing little people with a strong fist in favor of big business. I DON'T WANT A COORPORATE LAWYER IN THE WHITE HOUSE. I would rather have a public advocate or a lawyer that FIGHTS coorporate lawyers in the White House. It's really rather simple why people don't want her as president... and then there was the scorched earth primary that her campaign waged against an honest man.

This is pure shit, you're exactly like Hazelgod, who cares what turns your fucking stomach.

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
oh dear not knowing one's history how tragic. washington's forces spent most of their time either press ganging people into their forces or waiting for the french to rescure them.. which they did.

simple war of attrition if your supply route is across the atlantic of course you're fighting with one arm behiind your back. but with you guys you were too busy raising both arms surrendering to us all the time.

and last time i looked in a history book america got her arse kicked by peasants in vietnam armed too with pitchforks (your quote)

True, the French did help, but perhaps the war of attrition shows you shouldn't be holding overseas colonies as captive markets after all. I'd much rather elect a president than a prime minister anyhow ... seeing as the PM, in truth, isn't actually elected by the nation as much as elected by a district then the party. ...