Clinton goes too far; finally

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, this is deserving of its own thread. In this clip, Kieth Olbermann breaks down just how often Democrats have had to forgive Hillary for outrageous comments throughout this primary season.

As you've probably heard by now, yesterday Hillary explained that the reason she was still in the race was in case something cataclysmic happened to Obama such as assassination. (paraphrased)

But don't take my word for it, listen to Kieth's commentary as he reminds us who Hillary Clinton is.

msnbc.com Video Player

I think its safe to say that while she has been waiting for a cataclysmic event to occur, it may have just spewed from her mouth yesterday. I think she just finished herself off.

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ok, this is deserving of its own thread. In this clip, Kieth Olbermann breaks down just how often Democrats have had to forgive Hillary for outrageous comments throughout this primary season.

As you've probably heard by now, yesterday Hillary explained that the reason she was still in the race was in case something cataclysmic happened to Obama such as assassination. (paraphrased)

But don't take my word for it, listen to Kieth's commentary as he reminds us who Hillary Clinton is.

msnbc.com Video Player

I think its safe to say that while she has been waiting for a cataclysmic event to occur, it may have just spewed from her mouth yesterday. I think she just finished herself off.

I thought the Obama supporters were supposed to be the "highly educated" ones, LOL!! Anyone with half of a brain and a sixth grade education knows Hillary meant that the nomination process has gone on through June before in our history - and there is no great rush for her to exit so soon before all of the votes have been counted. For you or anyone else to assume she meant anything different is disgusting and pathetic.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hillary Clinton is VERY smart. She chooses her words(parses) VERY carefully. She chose the WRONG ones. You don't bring up the assassination of RFK when you have a black man running who is already considered a security risk. There is no need to plant the seed of an idea in the wing nuts who live in the USA. The Kennedy's are also going through the tragedy of Senator Kennedy's grim diagnosis, they didn't need to be reminded of their Brother's assasination. Do I believe that hillary hopes someone assassinates Barack Obama to improve her chances at the nomination? Absolutely not. Do I think her remarks were incredibly tone deaf and very poorly chosen?ABSOLUTELY YES. If she is unning for a VP slot she just kissed her chances goodbye.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OMG... if anyone even thinks about trying to tie that comment to Obama...
I'm a black man, and even I know she didn't mean that.

Just stop it right now.
Avoid the New York newspapers for now, then. x_x I read about this at work this morning and could only shake my head.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Avoid the New York newspapers for now, then. x_x I read about this at work this morning and could only shake my head.

I saw it. The New York Post is almost like the National Enquirer. Nothing to take too seriously, although once in a while they do come up with a funny Photoshopped front page.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG... if anyone even thinks about trying to tie that comment to Obama...

Explain why she invoked RFK then? What does his assassination have to do with her staying the race? That if she stays in long enough, she'll be shot? That Obama will? Who is she thinking may be shot? If not shot, then why did she invoke it?

Don't get mad @ us because of something she said. Just explain what she meant.

You can't dismiss what so many think she was referring to without explaining wtf she meant. We're waiting...

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone with half of a brain and a sixth grade education knows Hillary meant that the nomination process has gone on through June before in our history - and there is no great rush for her to exit so soon before all of the votes have been counted. For you or anyone else to assume she meant anything different is disgusting and pathetic.

Ok, smart boy... what does someone's assassination have to do with a long presidential race? On this point, I guess I am lost. Therefore, enlighten me please.

Did she mean to just say, "RFK didn't win California until June"? If thats the case, I wonder why she didn't say that? I don't think anyone would be talking about this if that is what she had said.

The disgusting/pathetic one appears to be her. Drop out already! LOL

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
While I do believe Obama is a likely target for the racists ou tthere, I don't believe Hillary's stupid comment was meant to be malicious. Nothing more than a stupid comment that's being read into far too deeply (we see enough of that here on the forums, do we not? :p).

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ok, smart boy... what does someone's assassination have to do with a long presidential race? On this point, I guess I am lost. Therefore, enlighten me please.

Did she mean to just say, "RFK didn't win California until June"? If thats the case, I wonder why she didn't say that? I don't think anyone would be talking about this if that is what she had said.

The disgusting/pathetic one appears to be her. Drop out already! LOL

The point she was making was that RFK was still campaigning for the nomination in June. Her husband didn't lock up the nomination until June. Duh.....

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Explain why she invoked RFK then? What does his assassination have to do with her staying the race? That if she stays in long enough, she'll be shot? That Obama will? Who is she thinking may be shot? If not shot, then why did she invoke it?

Don't get mad @ us because of something she said. Just explain what she meant.

You can't dismiss what so many think she was referring to without explaining wtf she meant. We're waiting...

Here's the quote taken from AOL: My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. You know I just, I don't understand it.

NOTHING in this statement signifies that she's hinting about Obama being shot. If anything, she was trying to draw similarities to her campaign using examples in history where certain victories and defeats were achieved in June. A very perplexing statement at most, and considering what's going on with the Kennedy family right now does seem troubling. But only an extreme opportunist would even TRY to connect this to Obama.

How paranoid must you be if you automatically associate the word "assassination" with Obama? As if he's the only person on this Earth, politically, that has to be worried about it?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just so you all idiots know... Clinton has been using that line for months now... it first surfaced in March 6 and the time we are speaking about is the FOURTH time she has used that line. It is sick and repugnant and she should be ashamed of herself.

She is through.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just so you all idiots know... Clinton has been using that line for months now... it first surfaced in March 6 and the time we are speaking about is the FOURTH time she has used that line. It is sick and repugnant and she should be ashamed of herself.

Seriously... the way you guys have it out for this woman is scary. At this point, I'm more worried about Hillary being assassinated than Obama.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hillary Clinton is VERY smart. She chooses her words(parses) VERY carefully. She chose the WRONG ones. You don't bring up the assassination of RFK when you have a black man running who is already considered a security risk. There is no need to plant the seed of an idea in the wing nuts who live in the USA. The Kennedy's are also going through the tragedy of Senator Kennedy's grim diagnosis, they didn't need to be reminded of their Brother's assasination. Do I believe that hillary hopes someone assassinates Barack Obama to improve her chances at the nomination? Absolutely not. Do I think her remarks were incredibly tone deaf and very poorly chosen?ABSOLUTELY YES. If she is unning for a VP slot she just kissed her chances goodbye.

exactly. for some reason everyone is quick to point the finger at obama supporters and call them paranoid. look , dont be naive enough to think that its just impossible that anyone would ever assassinate a black man. BUT that's not the point. its not the fact that she mentioned rfk getting killed. the point being made is that she has knowledge but no wisdom.

knowledge = you are very smart. you know significantly more that the average person

wosdom = you know how to use that knowledge. you know when to speak. you know what and what not to say. and you know when to shut the fuck up.

the problem is that she keeps making outrageous comments. race and gender aside , do we really want a leader that doesnt "know how to act"? do we really want a president that will "mis-speak" (lie) or tell an untruth (lie) ? do we really want a president that will answer the red phone at 3 in the morning and make a horrible decision because of sleep deprivation

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
RFK Jr Weighs In On Clinton’s Assassination Talk

by Aaron Bruns

Clinton supporter Robert F Kennedy Jr thinks people shouldn’t take offense to her comments about his father’s death in June of 1968.
“It is clear from the context that Hillary was invoking a familiar political circumstance in order to support her decision to stay in the race through June. I have heard her make this reference before, also citing her husband’s 1992 race, both of which were hard fought through June,” he said in a statement released by the campaign. “I understand how highly charged the atmosphere is, but I think it is a mistake for people to take offense.”

While there is some level of discomfort about the comments because of Ted Kennedy’s recent health troubles, the main source of outrage is not at all Kennedy related. But putting RFK’s son out there is probably the best the Clinton camp can do to address this; there’s no way they can explicitly bring up the real problem — the implication that Obamamay be shot dead just as Kennedy was in ‘68 — without invoking even more of a firestorm.

Meanwhile, the newspaper to which she made her controversial comments is in her corner. Argus Leader Executive Editor Randell Beck says “the context of the question and answer with Sen. Clinton was whether her continued candidacy jeopardized party unity this close to the Democratic convention. Her reference to Mr. Kennedy’s assassination appeared to focus on the timeline of his primary candidacy and not the assassination itself.”

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
exactly. for some reason everyone is quick to point the finger at obama supporters and call them paranoid. look , dont be naive enough to think that its just impossible that anyone would ever assassinate a black man. BUT that's not the point. its not the fact that she mentioned rfk getting killed. the point being made is that she has knowledge but no wisdom.

Let's get real here.
ANY politician or political leader could be assassinated. They're all in danger of a crazed person who doesn't agree with them. McCain, Clinton, Obama, whoever. Attempts were made on Reagan's life as well. To assume that Clinton hinting about Obama based on her statement is a stretch, and a big one. You act like as if the Clintons hate black people or something, forgetting that they had an approval rating of over 70% with black people when they left office AND are the only known white couple to be inducted into the Black Hall Of Fame in Arkansas in 2002. Plus, didn't Bill Clinton set up offices in Harlem, NYC after he left the White House? Harlem Welcomes Bill Clinton To The Neighborhood - Brief Article | Jet | Find Articles at BNET.com

Yeah, these are the actions and thoughts of a candidate who would say or even hint at something so terrible. Stop trying to read something that isn't there.

Obama - The great white guilt.
Seriously, has everyone grown to be THIS paranoid? :confused:

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just find it instersting that previously she did not say assaination.

As a black person, one of the things that people have been scared of is some crazy person trying to assasinate him.

Let's be real. Racism and Sexism,is still out there, and some people will never want to see a black or woman president.