Clinton must win 70 percent of remaining pledged delegates to match Obama

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
What's funny is, people will still try to argue cold hard math with a bunch of "Well, Obama's just lucky that Florida didn't pledge any delegates. It's stupid that they won't let them go back and change their minds!" and other bullshit what-ifs.
Even if he doesn't win the election, I'm ready to applaud Obama for his efforts in edging her out on the delegate count (and possibly the super delegates as well). People say that for Hillary to recover would be the comeback story of the century, but that's nothing. We put up a Senator from the midwest, whom no on had heard of and thus believed to be inexperienced, against a New York Senator, former First Lady and household name since the early 90s. And somehow, despite all the constant bullshit slander from his opponent, press misconstruing his misspeaks, and his former minister being a douchebag, he managed to stay on track and edge out this relative political giant. That's the comeback/underdog story for the history books right there, gender and race issues completely aside.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What's funny is, people will still try to argue cold hard math with a bunch of "Well, Obama's just lucky that Florida didn't pledge any delegates. It's stupid that they won't let them go back and change their minds!" and other bullshit what-ifs.
Even if he doesn't win the election, I'm ready to applaud Obama for his efforts in edging her out on the delegate count (and possibly the super delegates as well). People say that for Hillary to recover would be the comeback story of the century, but that's nothing. We put up a Senator from the midwest, whom no on had heard of and thus believed to be inexperienced, against a New York Senator, former First Lady and household name since the mid-90s. And somehow, despite all the constant bullshit slander from his opponent, press misconstruing his misspeaks, and his former minister being a douchebag, he managed to stay on track and edge out this relative political giant. That's the comeback/underdog story for the history books right there, gender and race issues completely aside.

amen. its like a blind guy in a wheelchair winning a freethrow contest against jordan and people labeling each shot "lucky"

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Well, if he's blind it is kinda lucky... or atleast the first one he makes is. Then he's just gotta remember the positioning and force exerted for that shot and replicate it each time. Now if it was against Shaq, the cripple has the upper hand.
Still, it's funny how Clinton has tried to play the underdog card lately, just a few short months after accusing her opponent of being inexperienced and boasting of having 35 years of experience.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, if he's blind it is kinda lucky... or atleast the first one he makes is. Then he's just gotta remember the positioning and force exerted for that shot and replicate it each time. Now if it was against Shaq, the cripple has the upper hand.
Still, it's funny how Clinton has tried to play the underdog card lately, just a few short months after accusing her opponent of being inexperienced and boasting of having 35 years of experience.

shaq against a cripple is a fair fight, mentally speaking atleast. but u know the point i was trying to make....

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As an ignorant Limey from England, I have to say that I would be very pleased to see a female President of the US.....

......Just not her.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We put up a Senator from the midwest, whom no one had heard of and thus believed to be inexperienced, against a New York Senator, former First Lady and household name since the early 90s. And somehow, despite all the constant bullshit slander from his opponent, press misconstruing his misspeaks, and his former minister being a douchebag, he managed to stay on track and edge out this relative political giant. That's the comeback/underdog story for the history books right there, gender and race issues completely aside.

I've always thought being affiliated/from NYC usually works against a candidate. Let's face it, the Yankees & Mets, I'm for any team that plays against them. The Knicks too. While I'm at it, I tolerate the NY Jets and can't stand the NY Giants. Hockey, the Rangers and Islanders, every team in the NHL I prefer to either. Anyway, I don't go out of my way to hate NYC. I've just had a few bad experiences with NYers. I'd just assume they stay where they are just the same and quit telling the rest of us that it's better there. If it's that much better why the hell did they come to FL to tell me ?

But as for candidates, yeah, being the former mayor of NYC really helped Giuliani in the Republican race ?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I also would love to see a female President of the USA...Hillary is just killing the idea right now.
I hope she doesn't take the flame bait...
Who's baiting? I'm just stating facts.

Lol.

Well, it looks like she's not getting 70% in Indiana or NC...definitely not NC. :biggrin1:

Just like I said, two weeks ago and last week by the way.

Kevman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's pretty much over for Clinton. It actually has been for some time. The numbers just are not on her side. There are really only 2 ways she can win at this point -

1. Somehow convince the superdelegates to rally around her (which seems unlikely after a BIG win by Obama in NC and the incredibly slim win she will probably get in Indiana).

2. Somehow get something really bad on Obama that will hurt him so severely that none of the superdelegates will support him (which also seems unlikely since he's already weathered the Wright storm. If there was something worse on him, they should have brought it out by now).

Even if you count full delegates for her in Michigan and Florida (which is ridiculous considering that Obama wasn't even on the Michigan ballot and neither campaigned in Florida), she still comes up short.

At this point I don't know why people aren't questioning her patriotism for staying in this race and deliberately hurting the party and the party's chances for victory in November just for the sake of her own political ambition.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
At this point I don't know why people aren't questioning her patriotism for staying in this race and deliberately hurting the party and the party's chances for victory in November just for the sake of her own political ambition.

Maybe it's cuz she watched Dubya triumph over Gore at the very last, despite being written off by just about everyone and even the Fox network mistakenly appointing Al Gore as President in the early hours of that day, way back when.

You've got to be pretty thick-skinned to be in politics and have the most never say never attitude to life, in order to survive (let alone thrive) in that world.