Clinton must win 70 percent of remaining pledged delegates to match Obama

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
some of the polls I've read indicate Obama has NO chance against McCain

And there's good reason for that belief as well.
If you look at all of the states he as won during the primary, most of them are states that usually vote Republican to begin with. Let's use the victories he had on Super Tuesday. Political Dashboard - 2008 Presidential Election on Yahoo! News

Alaska, Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, North Dakota and Utah has voted for the Republican Candidate for the last 5 presidential elections. Colorado and Georgia has voted for the Republican Candidate for 4 out of 5 presidential elections. The only time the state went Democrat was in 1992 for Clinton. Missouri voted Republican three times in the last 5 elections. The only two upsets were for Clinton in 1992 and 1996. Conneticuit, Delaware and Illinois has voted Democrat 4 our of the last 5 presidential elections. Minnesota is the only state that has constantly voted for the Democratic candidate for the last 2 decades.

That's 9 out of 13 states where he's won primaries in Republican territory, and these same states usually go back to the Republican candidate when the real votes count. What are the real chances of any of these states going for Obama in November? You can't just use Obama's slogan for change to win over these people. Meanwhile, the important states like California and New York go to candidates like Hillary on the Democratic side, and to McCain on the Republican ticket. We may want to think that they're going to vote Democrat all the time, but the first Bush nearly pulled an upset in 1988 in New York, and actually DID win California. The only state where Obama looks to be a sure win would be Minnesota. If Obama wins the nomination, the road to victory for him is going to be difficult. Again, just looking on states won on Super Tuesday and nothing else.

Just as so many people here talk about those who support Obama or Clinton are blindly voting Democrat, the same scenario applies to areas where plenty of people blindly vote Republican as well. Considering all of the animosity that's building between the otaku on both ends of the Democratic Primary, is there enough love between the two sides to come together and support one another when the time comes? If this board is any indicator, then the Democrats may have already doomed themselves. I don't want to see McCain in the White House as our next president. But if the bullshit between the otaku on both ends doesn't stop, then that just may happen. And that would REALLY piss me off.

Good points Vinyl......

However

The GOP in its current incarnation has many Republicans turning away in disgust. McCain has not proven himself to hold a solid stance on issues. I get the impression that Republicans are grasping for the best of a mediocre selection and they know it.

Obama, barring any true bombshells, is in a good position; one I find similar to Clinton in '92. He's relatively young, energetic, handsome, and represents that which is new and promising. Americans are suckers for, "new and promising."

I wouldn't write-off either candidate at this point. So long as this primary continues the gloves won't truly come off and so much could happen between now and November that it's still either man's race.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And there's good reason for that belief as well.
If you look at all of the states he as won during the primary, most of them are states that usually vote Republican to begin with.

That's a positive thing. The "big" states that Clinton "won" are traditionally DEM, and will go that way in November regardless of who is the nominee.

The fact that Obama can carry traditionally GOP or swing states only helps the party's chances in November.

Bye bye, Hillary.

bigrick1970

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like both Democrats; and sure as hell hope the rest of the U.S. doesn't elect another Republican after the fucked up mess bush has put this country into; the fucking war (Oh, I forgot, he said the "mission was completed" a few years ago) he has us in is costing this country a shitload of money per day!! So I really hope that McCain isn't the next President; the one thats in there now isn't MY president; I still have a hard time believing he won the second time around.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like both Democrats; and sure as hell hope the rest of the U.S. doesn't elect another Republican after the fucked up mess bush has put this country into; the fucking war (Oh, I forgot, he said the "mission was completed" a few years ago) he has us in is costing this country a shitload of money per day!! So I really hope that McCain isn't the next President; the one thats in there now isn't MY president; I still have a hard time believing he won the second time around.

Oh god, not another sophomoric dogpile-on-Bush post. The Mission was to remove Saddam, and it was accomplished. The military can have multiple missions during any given affair... and before you give us the "Halliburton no-bid" blather... name one company who can even compete on rebuilding a nations petroleum infrastructure. Did you want the Feds to open the bidding up to Bob's Plumbing and Gas Supply in Roanoke, Virginia?

Costing us a shitload per day... the way I see it... is we've yet to have an attack on homeland soil... and economic impact of one more attack would effect us fivefold vs the cost of the war, which granted feeds the industrial military complex... but better there then in locally. Last I checked employment and the stock market are doing just fine...

McCain>Obama. Period. Voting along party lines is idiotic.

Bush IS your president. This IS your America. Deal with it..., the nations that get it are moving to the same side we've been on for 7 years now. Get used to it.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Americans are suckers for, "new and promising."

especially when food prices have doubled, and fuel prices have tripled/quadrupled under the "old and tried" party.

re: obamas primary wins in red states

who cares. He alone has almost beaten McCain in every state. Him and Hill have almost doubled McCain.

McCain is a weak candidate, from a broken, humiliated GOP.

And I keep hearing Obama or Hillary beat McCain in polls.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And let the VETTING of john McCain begin as well....he's been flying under the radar during the dem primary.....time to shine the spotlight

Actually... Obama has flown under the radar almost just as much, on what counts. Let's continue 20 years of the Rev, one man who loves his country, the other... we're not so sure, his wanting to talk to Iran, South Korea, etc.. and his biggest folly... out of Iraq in 90 days. After all, we've got thousands and thousands still in Korea... last I checked. We're in it, we realize it, whether right or wrong, ...but pulling out completely in 90 days is folly, and I have faith that the American public knows better... Iraq is going very well now, and ppl are starting to see that. 2,500+ days of safe American soil and counting, with many Islamic folk that want ALL gays and lesbians heads cut off.... when Barry thinks they can be negotiated with... now I know what they mean by "junior" senator.

All the rhetoric, or lack thereof, has been around what 50% of the country is interested in, let's see what the other 50% cares about...

Shame for McCain is his immigration policies... at least he's good on most other issues.

One guy ...seemingly ...seems to have a spouse who hasn't really like the spoon-fed America she's enjoyed, his spiritual leader of his entire adult life hates America... the other guy stayed in the Hanoi Hilton for a few extra years because he wouldn't agree to the rhetoric that the above pretty much blather about... it's gonna be a long hot summer.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am one of the 25% that still thinks BUsh roXXors

71% disapproval rating by Americans. Highest in history.

107 historians got together, almost 66% rated him in the bottom 1/3 of presidents. Only 2 rated him in the top third.

Worst... president... ever.

Costing us a shitload per day... the way I see it... is we've yet to have an attack on homeland soil... and economic impact of one more attack would effect us fivefold vs the cost of the war,

Prove the Iraq War has stopped any attacks.

Didn't think so.

Freshman.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
especially when food prices have doubled, and fuel prices have tripled/quadrupled under the "old and tried" party.

re: obamas primary wins in red states

who cares. He alone has almost beaten McCain in every state. Him and Hill have almost doubled McCain.

McCain is a weak candidate, from a broken, humiliated GOP.

And I keep hearing Obama or Hillary beat McCain in polls.

OK expert... how did the "old and tired" cause food prices (and gas for that matter) to go up... and what will "change" exactly do?

Humiliated GOP... me thinks you haven't followed the Democrats.. the continual runaway away train that is this campaign. That a Democrat-led Congress has a lower rating than Bush's... did you even know that? Does your CBS folk tell you that at all?

You keep hearing... you keep hearing ... from whom... for one, polls are bogus and most are motivated (the independents are okay) right now, it's close... the national average is 2.2%... for Obama. Keep in mind, the same pollsters that went against Bush in 2000 and 2004 (including the 9 percent lead Kerry had in Ohio in 04).

Besides, we're about to find out in a few month who Obama really is.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK expert... how did the "old and tired" cause food prices (and gas for that matter) to go up... and what will "change" exactly do?

stupid occupation

end stupid occupation

Humiliated GOP... me thinks you haven't followed the Democrats.. the continual runaway away train that is this campaign. That a Democrat-led Congress has a lower rating than Bush's... did you even know that? Does your CBS folk tell you that at all?

meh.

Besides, we're about to find out in a few month who Obama really is

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran

I expect 100 years

loooooooooserrr

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the other guy stayed in the Hanoi Hilton for a few extra years because he wouldn't agree to the rhetoric that the above pretty much blather about... it's gonna be a long hot summer.

and then left the wife who waited for him, for a younger, hotter version.

That'll fly nice with the family values folks.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
71% disapproval rating by Americans. Highest in history.

107 historians got together, almost 66% rated him in the bottom 1/3 of presidents. Only 2 rated him in the top third.

Worst... president... ever.

Prove the Iraq War has stopped any attacks.

Didn't think so.

Freshman.

Iran is sending the bulk of their militants, weapons, and ideals to Iraq (proven). I've got more, provide one fact that the Iraq War hasn't stopped any attacks... nor the lack of liberties that the bed wetters claimed they've lost.

Highest in history... you've just invalidated yourself. For one, his disapproval rating is 64.8%. A lot of that is also given after a series of questions that clearly lead the witness, but besides the point. It's clearly not the worst in history....

As mentioned above.. a Pelosi led Congress' approval is worse. Me thinks you don't keep that number handy, huh.... it's approval rating is 22% currently.

Even liberal publications during Bush's term have him around the 20th best... and presidents like Andrew Jackson, Gerald Ford, and my pick for an awful pres... Jimmy Carter lag behind Bush... so quit bending the numbers. Besides... once you mentioned "historians"... I knew that meant college scholars all liberal, hired in highly liberal institutions, etc. etc. (thusly the thread)

Me thinks you hated Reagan too...

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Iran is sending the bulk of their militants, weapons, and ideals to Iraq (proven).

this is so stupid. Iran has an army of hundreds of thousands. If they were sending the bulk, there would be a tet offensive you would never forget.

I've got more, provide one fact that the Iraq War hasn't stopped any attacks... nor the lack of liberties that the bed wetters claimed they've lost.

its a battle of the hypotheticals!

freshman.

Highest in history... you've just invalidated yourself. For one, his disapproval rating is 64.8%. A lot of that is also given after a series of questions that clearly lead the witness, but besides the point. It's clearly not the worst in history....
wa?

Poll: More disapprove of Bush than any other president - CNN.com

As mentioned above.. a Pelosi led Congress' approval is worse. Me thinks you don't keep that number handy, huh.... it's approval rating is 22% currently.
meh.

Even liberal publications during Bush's term have him around the 20th best... and presidents like Andrew Jackson, Gerald Ford, and my pick for an awful pres... Jimmy Carter lag behind Bush... so quit bending the numbers. Besides... once you mentioned "historians"... I knew that meant college scholars all liberal, hired in highly liberal institutions, etc. etc. (thusly the thread)
what liberal publications?

worse than Ford and Jackson? laughable.

Me thinks you hated Reagan too...
You thinks wrong.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I rarely offend LPSGers anymore... but your rhetoric is like that of a 19 year old... sorry... i'll be back on this thread at a later time.

No, sorry dude, I've heard your neo-con dribble for 7 years. Your bullshit is nothing new, and anybody that listens to right wing radio, or reads NRO, could regurgitate the vomit you are. That means anybody that is of reading age.

So go back to NRO, and find more stupid shit to say.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also would love to see a female President of the USA...Hillary is just killing the idea right now.
It will happen, in my lifetime too. I think more Republicans would put Condy in versus Democrats putting Hillary in. Not only a woman, but a black woman... so much for the stereotype on Republicans... So I think everyone is fair game, just need the right candidate... and that is right thing to do. This is also proof-positive why affirmative action is SO WRONG. If you put affirmative action in politics, Hillary might be in... just because, to begin to equal out male presidents vs female presidents.

I can think of 5-10 Democrat females that I'd prefer in the White House over Hillary, she's just bad news, and what she's doing now proves that.

I'd rather have the right person in office who is a woman, than having a woman in office, same goes with black and hispanic.