Clinton/Obama symbiosis...?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

There are many candidates for VP that would be better choices than Hillary...Richardson being the most obvious.

Maybe so, if you're looking only at personal traits. (I have no idea ... Richardson is still a cypher to me.)
But no one can bring so many people along as Hillary can.
Her supporters are remarkably tenacious and, as we know very well, remarkably numerous.

Hillary's a liar, she's manipulative, she's vindictive, and clearly cares absolutely nothing for the democratic process. She's poison, plain and simple. She has no place in the governance of the American people.

Hillary is no saint, but she's something less extraordinary than the horn'd and hooved devil you see.
And the one-track mind that disquiets us when we see her going after what she wants ... would be the most valuable thing she could offer an Obama ticket, if she gets aligned with helping them, whether as VP or in some less prominent role.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How is it that I respect both HazelGod and VinylBoy... I wish that you guys wouldn't fight... (typed while searching for Cat On a Hot Tin Roof on Youtube in another browser window)
you tube?
Get the whole movie for effect!

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As far as Hazeltroll goes---wait till november and watch that shepard eat her oun shit.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How is it that I respect both HazelGod and VinylBoy... I wish that you guys wouldn't fight... (typed while searching for Cat On a Hot Tin Roof on Youtube in another browser window)

Well, even though we may disagree on certain topics I respect what you say because you're up front and honest about your feelings.

As for Hazel, he tries to put on this whole intelligent, tough guy facade and when someone calls him out for his BS he resorts to childish, playground-styled insults. Why else does he have to constantly make troll-ish comments in every political thread on this board where someone even mentions the name Clinton? He wants this attention. He's a troll. It's not as if what he contributes is even remotely intellectual or based on any level of conceivable logic besides his own personal hatred. He can reference his dribble with all kinds random literary prose and try to disguise his gutter talk with as many decorative words he wants. I can smell internet bullshit a mile away, and he's the quintessential epitome of it. I'm not going to judge anyone who actually likes the guy. But as for me, you can keep him.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
the terrible danger in that is that often the opinions that lead to votes are often misguided and misinformed. i've yet to see a political thread on this forum that was well thought-out and sound, most of em are "obama sucks" and "hilary supporters suck" and 99% namecalling and misinformed fact, 1%truth or legit understanding of the election.

yeah, i know what you mean. sometimes, people get swept in the fever and get out of hand. I know that there aren't any threads which might be reasonable, but if you look at some of the posts, some of them are pretty decent. it just takes some time and ease sifting through all of the crap sometimes. it does seem like an abundance of people have resorted to fighting and name-calling on the site, but it only serves to make said members look foolish. it's nice to see people so politically active and aware, but with that, come the loonies and the hateful people.

But he's much better than Quayle.
He doesn't sound like he's channeling someone when he reminds us of Kennedy.

He just has that same energy and brightness and crisp edge.

There are black holes brighter than Quayle. It's the sound bite that could slap him silly if he misspeaks, not his competence. People remember sound bites. He does have that vigor and easy style of a younger president who has had a rather meteoric rise. I don't know anyone who left the White House looking better than when they went in.

(The Rev. Wright factor could be a problem, though. Never noticed that, frankly. Must keep an ear open.)

I could be wrong. Listen for yourself and see.

P.S. - I see all these young people on this board who complain about what an idiot Bush is and I just think to myself, "If only they had known Dan..."

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, even though we may disagree on certain topics I respect what you say because you're up front and honest about your feelings.

As for Hazel, he tries to put on this whole intelligent, tough guy facade and when someone calls him out for his BS he resorts to childish, playground-styled insults. Why else does he have to constantly make troll-ish comments in every political thread on this board where someone even mentions the name Clinton? He wants this attention. He's a troll. It's not as if what he contributes is even remotely intellectual or based on any level of conceivable logic besides his own personal hatred. He can reference his dribble with all kinds random literary prose and try to disguise his gutter talk with as many decorative words he wants. I can smell internet bullshit a mile away, and he's the quintessential epitome of it. I'm not going to judge anyone who actually likes the guy. But as for me, you can keep him.

You keep saying HE! Hazeltroll is a she. She is also on LPSG for a deep seeded reason. We can get into that some other time.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Maybe so, if you're looking only at personal traits. (I have no idea ... Richardson is still a cypher to me.)
But no one can bring so many people along as Hillary can.
Her supporters are remarkably tenacious and, as we know very well, remarkably numerous.

like i said, that is the most important thing. an Obama/Clinton ticket will gurantee a win to me. in the back of my head, i always thought it would end up like this because Obama seems to be basically untouchable, and Hillary has the numbers that Barack lacks. together, they seem unstoppable. plus, they have that making history thing behind them which makes them a good team. i just like that idea.

i don't think even the mass of Hillary haters would refuse to vote for that team. the basic goal is to get the republicans out.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Or watch the play currently on Broadway. James Earl Jones, Phylicia Rashad & Terrence Howard are in the cast and it's a wonderful remake. :wink:

i was there when it debuted, but i couldn't get tickets. :(. i've seen the first half of the movie in a class which was great (why the hell didn't i watch the rest?) and i was shocked to learn that the main dude was supposed to be......whoops. don't want to spoil.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Or watch the play currently on Broadway. James Earl Jones, Phylicia Rashad & Terrence Howard are in the cast and it's a wonderful remake. :wink:

Is that the one that Debbie Allen is directing? Those three actors are AMAZING!!!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i was there when it debuted, but i couldn't get tickets. :(. i've seen the first half of the movie in a class which was great (why the hell didn't i watch the rest?) and i was shocked to learn that the main dude was supposed to be......whoops. don't want to spoil.

Trying to land tickets for this play is next to impossible now. Kinda sad that this play ends its run later this month. :(

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree, mon frere...and I also point out the converse: nobody is as likely to galvanize a powerfully opposing response as Hillary.

I highly agree, but I think that the combined forces of Clinton and Obama would beat that force down handily... it would be like taking candy from a baby.

You know that we are in agreement over Richardson though... he would make an AMAZING vice president with a phat presidential run in 2012 as a side benefit.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I disagree, mon frere...and I also point out the converse: nobody is as likely to galvanize a powerfully opposing response as Hillary.

Truthfully can't figure it.
Hazeltroll is either an old english schoolmarm cunt,or an old fag who has seen too much "Frasier".

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Well, she did get all those millions of votes.
And over much of the campaign (nearly all of it? not sure), she was polling somewhat better against McCain than Obama did.
You can't dismiss her.