Clinton-Obama Ticket Stirs Fear in GOP

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yawn yawn yawn....this thread should be in the script of the mad hatters' tea party....

I'm a bit curious as to why you feel it necessary to repeatedly interject your sense of ennui into threads dedicated to political contests in a nation you don't live in.

Surely you have enough to be bored with over on your side of the pond...and heaven knows there are enough of us over here bored to tears with all of it without the addition of limey yawns.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a bit curious as to why you feel it necessary to repeatedly interject your sense of ennui into threads dedicated to political contests in a nation you don't live in.

Surely you have enough to be bored with over on your side of the pond...and heaven knows there are enough of us over here bored to tears with all of it without the addition of limey yawns.

Well as a former colony belonging to the crown we feel obliged to give scant attention to what your doing with the country that we gave you. I must say you are really making a hash of it we should have sold it to the russians - now they know how to get things done. So as your mother country its our duty to hold your hand perhaps for another two hundred years until you get things right

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well as a former colony belonging to the crown we feel obliged to give scant attention to what your doing with the country that we gave you. I must say you are really making a hash of it we should have sold it to the russians - now they know how to get things done. So as your mother country its our duty to hold your hand perhaps for another two hundred years until you get things right

:rofl:

As if England had any say in the disposition of the USA. Kudos for making a funny, my friend.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
The numbers are already there. Obama cannot win a general election, not against McCain. Hillary fares way better. Obama has more baggage than anyone else who ran this year. If I hear one more video, audio, related to him with Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Michelle, typical white woman, no conditions for meeting with terrorist states, etc., my head is going to explode! The next five states are going to go to Hillary, and Pennsylvania is going to be a blowout for her. She also has the majority of Superdelegates. Obama pissed off Florida and Michigan, and he could win the states needed in a GE. The red states will stay red, and I'm sorry but, if you're winning the majority of caucuses, those are not primaries. I have a feeling that if Hillary continues her winning streak through April, a deal will be made with Obama taking the VP position. I honestly see this as the only way to make all sides happy, and quite frankly, McCain wouldn't stand a chance against that team-up. Hillary will knock McCain off his walker.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:rofl:

As if England had any say in the disposition of the USA. Kudos for making a funny, my friend.

you're giving england too much credit i didnt say that our glorious years of democracy have any influence in the politics of your country.
The economic and racial strife your going through is all of your own making.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity, your article is posted December 2006. Before either candidate announced they were running for office.

here is another one posted by House Speaker, Democratic Majority Leader, Nancy Pelosi:

Dream Ticket Impossible after Commander in Chief Comments:

Also: "Nothing ever resolves itself -- it has to be resolved by some outside forces," she said.​
she said "we will have a dream team...it just won't be those two on on ticket."

and if we're talking about dovetailing between the 2 candidates, it would require Hillary accepting the facts that the primary is determined by delegate votes, 2024 to be exact. Obama is leading by 120-150 depending on the source. He's won more states, more delegate votes and is ahead in the popular vote. At best it would be an Obama/ Clinton ticket and that's not going to happen.

A lot of Democratic party leadership is fed up with the negative tone of Hillary's campagin toward Obama (Ted Kennedy, Governor Richardson). She's been denigrating toward Obama, accusing him of plagarism, calling him inexperienced to win votes, saying he's a black presidential candidate and that he won S. Carolina, meant nothing cause Jessie Jackson won it. I don't see a lot of unity in her being. If she were able to do some drug deals to get the nomination by having the superdelegates give it to her at the convention, there will be no unity. It means she would have convinced superdelegates to give her the nomination, even though, Obama won more states, more delegate votes and the popular vote. You cannot unify a party when you've swindled the party of their choice.

Sorry, but they are not going to be on the same ticket.

I'd see John Edwards as a VP for Hillary or Obama, maybe Gov. Richards for Obama. Though it won't be a Hillary/Obama ticket.

It's not remissed upon me, that it's another bs tactic from her campaign trying to hint that Obama would be a VP choice just to get undecided voters to plug a vote for her by suggesting "some wish you could vote for us both, you might be able to do that some day, but I need your vote first." The manipulation being that someone might bite off on the idea that a vote for her is a vote for him. Obama has been steadfast that he will not be anyone's Vice President.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The numbers are already there. Obama cannot win a general election, not against McCain. Hillary fares way better. Obama has more baggage than anyone else who ran this year. If I hear one more video, audio, related to him with Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Michelle, typical white woman, no conditions for meeting with terrorist states, etc., my head is going to explode! The next five states are going to go to Hillary, and Pennsylvania is going to be a blowout for her. She also has the majority of Superdelegates. Obama pissed off Florida and Michigan, and he could win the states needed in a GE. The red states will stay red, and I'm sorry but, if you're winning the majority of caucuses, those are not primaries. I have a feeling that if Hillary continues her winning streak through April, a deal will be made with Obama taking the VP position. I honestly see this as the only way to make all sides happy, and quite frankly, McCain wouldn't stand a chance against that team-up. Hillary will knock McCain off his walker.

And you are who exaclty....

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And you are who exaclty....

Nostradamus, apparently. At least in his own mind.

you're giving england too much credit i didnt say that our glorious years of democracy have any influence in the politics of your country.
The economic and racial strife your going through is all of your own making.

No, I was referring to your joke about "giving us" our nation and wishing you'd sold it to Russia, as though such were viable possibilities! Truly funny stuff.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nostradamus, apparently. At least in his own mind.

No, I was referring to your joke about "giving us" our nation and wishing you'd sold it to Russia, as though such were viable possibilities! Truly funny stuff.

as funny as russia selling alaska to the american government... now there was an own goal. if russia hadnt sold it i think a big... IF .... the cold war could have taken a very different course.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Obama has more baggage than anyone else who ran this year. If I hear one more video, audio, related to him with Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Michelle, typical white woman, no conditions for meeting with terrorist states, etc., my head is going to explode! The next five states are going to go to Hillary, and Pennsylvania is going to be a blowout for her. She also has the majority of Superdelegates. Obama pissed off Florida and Michigan, and he could win the states needed in a GE.

psst. North Carolina is after Pennsylvania and trust North Carolina is in Obama's favor by 60 percent.

psst. The Clintons have ties to Wright and Rezko. (If you want pictures there populated on other threads). Oh the Clintons also have Whitewater fraud, Gennifer Flowers, Monica Lewinsky, Fox, Al-Qaeda attacking us FOUR times under their administration, failed healthcare bills on and on.

You Hillary supporters are diehard, I'll give you that. Delusional in your logic, but blindly loyal.

Sorry I just have to chuckle at the idea that Obama has more baggage than Hillary.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

That is hilarious! You are right about giving the country to us... the English could have opened up a huge can of whoop ass on us but decided that they didn't give a fuck and left us to have our country all to ourselves. Selling the country to the Russians would have been a VERY bad idea though! lol!!!

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is hilarious! You are right about giving the country to us... the English could have opened up a huge can of whoop ass on us but decided that they didn't give a fuck and left us to have our country all to ourselves. Selling the country to the Russians would have been a VERY bad idea though! lol!!!

but we didnt make the same mistake with canada thats our joke on you. take these comments in the spirit of banter.. america has some fine traditons and qualities that enrich the rest of the world and america like other countries has some qualities that dont quite enrich the world

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hillary's would go negative...which, according to many insiders, usually makes her happier than a hog in slops.

I :laughing:

How about Obama/Clinton Trinity? Does that work for you?

Works for me... she'd be there to hold the telephone for him.

Grow up. That's lame.

"Nothing ever resolves itself -- it has to be resolved by some outside forces," she said.

Last time I checked, Nancy Pelosi was an idiot.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
but we didnt make the same mistake with canada thats our joke on you. take these comments in the spirit of banter.. america has some fine traditons and qualities that enrich the rest of the world and america like other countries has some qualities that dont quite enrich the world

Man... I am one of those Americans that stays glued to BBC America wearing my Doctor Who pajamas! lol!! My great grandmother was a royal seamstress and her husband was a Welsh Engineer who helped develop the first BSA motorcycle. I grew up with a penchant for Agatha Christie and Paddington bear... my last name is a town in Sussex (Heathfield/...) and I could order from a fish shop for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I am an Anglophile at heart brother... America isn't SHIT without the African American experience, besides that... there is really nothing unique or grand about American culture.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's pretty clear that ol' Bill Richardson will probably be Obama's choice for a running mate unless something changes in the next few months.
I agree.

Hillary's running mate? Why Bill of course. :wink:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Yes the article is from Dec. 2006. That was the point. The GOP took the advantages they saw back then and used them against Democrats....made strengths weaknesses to use to their advantage.

Perhaps its time for the Democrats to beat them at their own game and team up.

Nancy Pelosi decides nothing. The American People will decide. The Primary season is not over, all the states have not voted. Democrats want to end it EARLY because it is not helping our cause but it would indeed be early. Obama cannot reach 2024 in delegates so he also requires the Superdelegates to help him win. He leads in states won? He only leads in a little over hundred delegates despite proportional representation. He leads in the Popular vote? Well we still have to finish the primary. So the Superdelegates can give it to Obama for 150 delegates but they can't use electability as a factor to sway to Clinton even though that's why the Superdelegates were created? Oh I love when they bring race into it here..."take the nomination from the first African American candidate."

Obama on top of the ticket is not feasible. Clinton/Obama is the best way to resolve the heated battle, with Sen. Obama as Vice President and heir apparent to be President. Avoiding that may lead to winning the primary battle but losing the war. United we Stand, Divided we Fall.

Conservative Attack and Destroy for Obama