Clinton-Obama Ticket Stirs Fear in GOP

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
H&HS?

Gore? How would he secure a nomination with so many delegates divvied already?

Richardson just endorsed Obama...for all we know it could be Obama/Richardson.

Poor Edwards.

Funny, as I saw two Obama/Richardson bumper stickers this afternoon. Is that probable, or wishful thinking?

Obama/Richardson vs McCain/Romney = 7% margin of victory for the GOP. Take it to the bank. Obama is near radical-liberal, ... that record has yet to be exposed.. and adding Richardson would only compound that.

Obama can't keep pinning McCain to Iraq... pretty much everyone went in. The initial job of ousting Saddam and going after WMDs was on everyone's mind... the "occupation" is what was underestimated by all/most.

Besides... it was McCain who was vehemently against Rumsfeld and one of the, if not THE, largest proponent of what has turned out to be a very successful surge. Thusly, shows that McCain can handle the Iraq situation smartly, if not better than Bush.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Besides... it was McCain who was vehemently against Rumsfeld and one of the, if not THE, largest proponent of what has turned out to be a very successful surge. Thusly, shows that McCain can handle the Iraq situation smartly, if not better than Bush.

Pee Wee fucking Herman could handle the Iraq 'situation' better than Bush for Christsakes!
McCain's comments about a hundred year war or occupation or whatever should come back to bite him.

Obama/Richardson doesn't work for me. Both good men, but there is some
gravitas missing there. Richardson should lose the goatee for sure. :rolleyes:

Obama/Edwards would be a sure loser IMO.

Clinton/Obama would be the strongest against the Reps. Her ability to wage scorched earth war combined with his eloquence and the thought of 16 years of Dems in the W.H., must have the right-winger's dicks drooping. But it looks like it ain't gonna happen. Too bad, together they'd blow McCain off his walker.

Gore/Obama could work. A Peace Prize winner and a man of mixed race on the ticket? Kinda cool. But I doubt he'll jump in. It would be exciting to watch the convention though.

I can't think of a great VP for Obama at the moment.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Obama can't keep pinning McCain to Iraq... pretty much everyone went in. The initial job of ousting Saddam and going after WMDs was on everyone's mind... the "occupation" is what was underestimated by all/most.

He won't have to if McCain keeps telling everyone with a microphone that he doesn't know shit about economics generally or our economy specifically. :biggrin1:

Obama/HazelGod '08

I'd take the veep job...kick back in the wings, yet still be in the know. And I get to be president of the Senate? I'd rip Hillary every chance I got! Woohoo!

Plus I'd work close enough to drop in on DC_DEEP and friends whenever the Chantilly Eagle takes flight. :biggrin1:

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I can't think of a great VP for Obama at the moment.

Well, we all know my position on Obama. But, since I love politics, here is my speculation:

He probably can't pick anyone currently in the Senate or House, or any of Clinton's ex-cabinet, if he is going to run with his theme of change in Washington. He also needs someone with extensive experience, and preferably executive experience, to counteract arguments that he has a short resume. He might also be wise to pick someone a bit closer to center, to counteract the radical liberal comments (which are just bound to come).

He also would want a deep red state, or a swing state, to toss those electors up for grabs. That's why I think Sebelius (Kansas) would be good, and why Richardson may not be so great (strong links to Clinton, whether he likes it or not). Kaine of Virginia may be good, too, and has endorsed Obama. I've heard Deval Patrick (Mass) bounced by a few people, but I don't think that would fly --Patrick is quite left, northern, and relatively inexperienced as governor (though he had extensive time as the Mass AG, so who knows). Patrick may also double the racism factor in the campaign (sad as that is). New Hampshire's Lynch is wildly popular, moderate, but comes from a state that is getting pretty blue. But he has yet to commit to a candidate, and there may be some ill will there considering Obama lost NH.

So, there's my thoughts.

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Obama/Edwards

You pick a VP that will help you win votes.
Working middle class will vote for Edwards (they were before he pulled out of the race and they shifted to Hillary).

Do you think Edwards would accept it, after two failed bids for the top slot, and a loss for the #2 spot last time around? I think Edwards has seen his day.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I notice you left out Obama/Clinton.
...Does this give you pleasure?

I'd rather have Obama/Wright than anyone else, and if Wright will not be his running mate then fuck it stop wasting my time Obama. For me it is revolution or bust, and if Obama isn't planning on fostering a revolution it will just be the same old washington politics bullshit. In that case, I would rather have the Clintons in charge.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Your sarcasm is getting old. Why would Wright, a preacher, enter a political realm. You didn't even know who Wright was before that commotion.

Why don't you just go ahead and stop spouting all of your bullshit and admit that you just don't support Obama. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. Support Clinton. Great.

(It's just too bad she's going to lose.)

I just prefer people not to talk to me like I'm an idiot and ask to hold my hand. Or lie blatantly in my face and try to euphemize it.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not being sarcastic.

I have mentioned it a thousands times on here;

I am for hillary because of bill, hence BILLARY.

I am for obama because of wright. If those tapes never came out I would have thrown obama by the wayside in favor of billary. But wright gives obama street cred now, and this is just proof that he is my kind of guy and ready to lead the revolution.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I notice you left out Obama/Clinton.

I don't think that would be a winner and I don't think she would go for it. I mean there is no future in it for her because of her age. Also, temperamentally her ego wouldn't allow it. IMO.

I agree with Skull about Wright. The chickens really did come home to roost. 9/11 and the years of terrorism before it are in large part the result of failed policy towards the Middle East going back at least 60 years. And it's disappointing to hear an 'agent of change', who damn well knows it, disavow what Wright said. OK- the 'damn America' was over the top, but then to take that and turn a into an issue about race relations is just as cynical as anything Hillary has done.

Wright speaks the truth and then Obama doesn't agree with him. What's this?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm not being sarcastic.

I have mentioned it a thousands times on here;

I am for hillary because of bill, hence BILLARY.

I am for obama because of wright. If those tapes never came out I would have thrown obama by the wayside in favor of billary. But wright gives obama street cred now, and this is just proof that he is my kind of guy and ready to lead the revolution.
I'm now lead to believe that you are truly for McCain.