Clinton-Obama Ticket Stirs Fear in GOP

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is this even being discussed? Sen. Obama has stated he isnt interested in playing second fiddle to Sen.Clinton. IT seems much more likely that an Obama/Richardson ticket would surface if it came to that point. But then there is always the dark horse possibilitly of a McCain/ Leiberman ticket which may take all bets off the table...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not being sarcastic.

I have mentioned it a thousands times on here;

I am for hillary because of bill, hence BILLARY.

I am for obama because of wright. If those tapes never came out I would have thrown obama by the wayside in favor of billary. But wright gives obama street cred now, and this is just proof that he is my kind of guy and ready to lead the revolution.

Street cred.... Obama "chose his friends" very carefully... after he came out of the "white lifestyle" he aligned himself to win over the black vote. A phony sellout, and the Wright alignment is going to bite him in the ass....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is this even being discussed? Sen. Obama has stated he isnt interested in playing second fiddle to Sen.Clinton. IT seems much more likely that an Obama/Richardson ticket would surface if it came to that point. But then there is always the dark horse possibilitly of a McCain/ Leiberman ticket which may take all bets off the table...

If McCain stuck to his principles he might pick a Lieberman... if he was looking for rallying the Republican/right vote... he'll go with Romney (who I think dropped out way too early).

Then again, a VP rarely works with the Pres (sans Cheney/Bush).

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm now lead to believe that you are not very intelligent.
(...in your style of sarcasm)

So, what was your first clue?
If McCain stuck to his principles he might pick a Lieberman... if he was looking for rallying the Republican/right vote... he'll go with Romney (who I think dropped out way too early).
Romney probably dropped out because of an arrangement with McCain from the get-go. I think they were considered the most electable candidates.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not being sarcastic.

I have mentioned it a thousands times on here;

I am for hillary because of bill, hence BILLARY.

I am for obama because of wright. If those tapes never came out I would have thrown obama by the wayside in favor of billary. But wright gives obama street cred now, and this is just proof that he is my kind of guy and ready to lead the revolution.

im in agreement with skull mason on this one - though it grieves me to say so. when he does talk sense i will acknowledge it.

yawn though

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
But then there is always the dark horse possibilitly of a McCain/ Leiberman ticket which may take all bets off the table...

Now THAT is an interesting possibility, and one that would send the democrats running for cover. What is strange to think about -- not very likely, but still possible -- is if the Dems do opt for Gore as conciliation candidate. Gore/Leiberman 2000; Gore v. Leiberman 2008. :tongue:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Now THAT is an interesting possibility, and one that would send the democrats running for cover. What is strange to think about -- not very likely, but still possible -- is if the Dems do opt for Gore as conciliation candidate. Gore/Leiberman 2000; Gore v. Leiberman 2008. :tongue:
It would probably unite the Democrats like nothing else. Leiberman would be seen as even more of a traitor than he already is. Having two warmongers on the ticket, weather it's Leiberman or Mitt the Twit as the VP, would be very dangerous for the Republicans. What about Huckabee? Could help deliver the so-called "Christian" right to McCain? IMO he is more palatable to anyone with a brain than Romney as well. (not saying much, is it? LOL)

All three of the above are scary though, especially Romney. I mean, after McCain has his heart attack, one of them will be Pres.

btw- did you see the news item on CNN about how McCain reacts when his tele-prompter fucks up? Hilarious! The guy is a blithering idiot. A far cry from old Slick Willie ad libbing his entire State of the Union address.

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It would probably unite the Democrats like nothing else. Leiberman would be seen as even more of a traitor than he already is. Having two warmongers on the ticket, weather it's Leiberman or Mitt the Twit as the VP, would be very dangerous for the Republicans. What about Huckabee? Could help deliver the so-called "Christian" right to McCain? IMO he is more palatable to anyone with a brain than Romney as well. (not saying much, is it? LOL)

All three of the above are scary though, especially Romney. I mean, after McCain has his heart attack, one of them will be Pres.

btw- did you see the news item on CNN about how McCain reacts when his tele-prompter fucks up? Hilarious! The guy is a blithering idiot. A far cry from old Slick Willie ad libbing his entire State of the Union address.

I'm not sure about Leiberman -- he draws the independents, which is why he was able to win his Senate seat again in 06 despite losing the Dem primary.

I agree with you that Romney would be a death knoll -- he would draw the conservatives, but turn off moderates. His record in Massachusetts isn't exactly exemplary, either -- serving one embattled term as one of the states most hated governors doesn't really qualify one to be president. While Obama's credentials may be thin, politically he runs circles around Romney.

I don't mind Huckabee on a personal level, though he is way too far to the right. You're right, he'd get the Christian conservatives, but lose the moderates.

My thoughts, if it isn't Leiberman: Rice is still a possibility, and could be smart to counter the identity politics inherent to either a Black or female Democratic nominee. However, the war-hawk factor is still there. Crist in Florida is mentioned quite a bit, but I would imagine a fair number of Floridians are pissed off with him over the primary snafu. I've heard Sununu from NH. He's a bit closer to center, while still holding a good Republican "brand name". However, Sununu's Senate term is up this year, and he's the only viable challenger against the Democrat's Shaheen (i.e. if he doesn't run, Shaheen gets a cake walk over anyone the Republicans toss up).

I think the "guess the Veep" game is fun. :tongue:

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He was making sense. I guess you could say I attempted to meet senseless with senseless and find some happy medium. Not quite sure it's working. I don't even know what you're agreeing with him over. Lol.

quite simple the whole package not too hard to read between the lines. read my lips..or read my text. I DID NOT HAVE TEXT WITH THAT WOMAN.