Clinton: "slips" 4 times about killing Obama?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ledroit, May 24, 2008.

1. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Time magazine March 6
    Shepherdstown WV May 7
    Washington DC May 7
    Sioux Falls May 24

Then, when people blew up, she says it was an accident. Must have been because she was thinking about Ted Kennedy's terminal brain tumor.

This woman has just become George Bush. Is there anyone who thinks you can pull this kind of crap and have people look up to you?

But here's a litmus test. Is there anybody who's taken a ride with a taxi driver recently (anywhere in the world) who says Hillary is the kind of person who can make people believe in the US again? or that she's a "genius"?

That's what I just heard from my taxi driver. But he was talking about Obama, not her.

2. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am sure your taxi driver is quite the intellectual

Phenomenal litmus test by the way...

3. lucky8

Gold Member

not a clinton fan, but why the hell would i listen to a taxi driver's politcal views? he gets paid to drive a car...

4. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    I like them because they're ordinary guys, and hear a lot of conversation. It's a little like talking to a stranger in a bar. You get a sense of where ordinary people are.

5. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I never heard that about Obama from a taxi driver either.

What is this bullshit?

I should mention that I'm a libertarian and would not vote for either Obama or Hillary.

I imagine most people haven't heard that about either from a taxi driver recently. I think what you meant is, "A taxi driver told me that he favors Obama! Wait 'til the guys at LPSG hear!"

6. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

I don't get it - ... more important - I don't care.

7. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I don't really care either. As for the not getting it part... I'm sorry to hear about your condition?

8. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

Actually, nevermind.
    He said "anybody". I thought this was a personal litmus test he was talking about, not a site-wide one.

I retract my criticism and am actually curious about the answer.

9. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    awesome litmus test though

10. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Maybe not awesome, but not bad.
    It's a 'normal' person speaking ... could be anyone. Barber. Policeman. Landscaper. Lawnmower repairman. Bartender.

11. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I was about to say we didn't have enough Clinton threads going on....good call!

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I don't make it a point to poll taxi drivers, but I know quite a few people overseas who doesn't care who get elected as long as it's not someone like Bush.

13. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    word.

14. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Was there a decision made at some point that taxi drivers didn't count as people? Is there an earnings cut-off for the value of one's opinion?

15. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well most taxi drivers I have met weren't actually american. But polling foreign taxi drivers is a kick ass fucking litmus test to get a true idea of hillary's lack of character and obama's "genius". I mean, if I wanted to hear that I could just put on msnbc and skip the taxi driver polling altogether.

16. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Taxi drivers have their finger on the pulse of the nation. Damn Mason, you have really disappointed me with your negative ramblings, you are sounding more and more like a Republican every day. This country is built on immigration. Taxi drivers that come here from other countries and shuttle around Americans every day have the same potential for being good and honest citizens as anybody. MSNBC is being courageous how they speak truth to power, it is a shame that you can't see that.

17. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tripod, you are not the only one disappointed. I have readily admitted in other threads that I am sounding more and more like a republican and I am saddened by that. But I can't help the way I feel. I don't see things the way the average american sees things; when I see obama I think "this motherfucker bullshittin". But that is ok with me, I like sly cats, and my beef has nothing to do with race as I am sure over time you have seen my views on that through my postings. I would cast a vote for sharpton without even thinking twice, and hell, I would CAMPAIGN for reverend wright if provided the opportunity. What I can't stand are the obama fanatics who swear by everything the man has done and will find no flaw in him. That alone right there sends up a red flag for me.

This tendency of obama fans is what truly BAFFLES me. My poor ass widowed out of work mom sends that cat $100 she doesn't have every single month because she believes everything about that cat. So if he is being disingenuous in any way I am taking that shit personal that he is stealing $100 from my poor, lonely, sad mother every month.

You see where I come from and the people I associate myself with, I don't need to poll taxi drivers to get the pulse of a nation. I don't need a taxi driver to give me an accurate assessment of our candidate's character. Aside from my lil modeling career, I do rubbish removal, a far less glamorous and less human endeavor than taxi driving. When someone stockpiles a whole lot of shit in their house for years and years and then dies or moves, I go in with my crew and take it out. I gutted a house with a crowbar and some garbage cans two weeks ago. 21,000 lbs of shit I carried out straight warrior mode. You see I am that taxi driver; I work with those taxi drivers and the only reason any of us would vote for him is because he is black. Is it ok to vote for someone purely based on their skin color? I truly don't think that lady was wrong when she said he was getting all the black vote because he was black. She was keeping it real. These guys I work with see obama's arrogance. "He don't give a fuck about me what the fuck he gon do for me?" is their response. But they will cast a vote for him based on his skin color.

Tripod seriously, and I am taking the time out to write you a lengthy reply because most if not all of the time we tend to agree on issues of race and the ills of the white man, if obama wasn't black would you still vote for him? Does the color of his skin all of a sudden give him credibility? Because I know a whole lot of black people who think he is a clown; an elitist, arrogant clown similar to that of republican pundits.

And c'mon man, the way olberman and the msnbc crew shun hillary and go bungee jumping from obama's nutsack is sad. I have stated my reasons for not thinking obama is the right choice right now in other threads, the biggest reason being I'd rather have a democrat in there for 16 years than just 4 or 8 and that "change" don't happen over night and obama will need all those years to truly make a change. I believe if he gets in there now he will crash and burn.

I make all of my assessments of man based on psychology. Most americans make the judgments based on their being cognitive misers who use shortcuts in thinking. I would say a large number of the people I know voting for barack have absolutely no reason for it, just because they see a clip or two of him speaking and that is enough for them to cast a ballot. Or because he is black.

So what do you mean by him being the "real deal"? Are you saying he is in the same mold as the great Malcolm X or Martin Luther King Jr.? To me, Reverend Wright is the real fucking deal and the only way obama can be the real deal to me is if he does in fact believe everything wright does. When those clips first came out I began to lean towards obama because all of my initial thoughts of him were coming true; that he wasn't who he claimed he was and in fact was a soldier of the revolution, but right now I am not so sure he is a soldier anymore. From the street level he really just comes off as an arrogant prick to me.

18. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That was awesome mason, when you open up you are this articulate and scholarly street fighter who knows his heart very well. As far as the arrogance goes... I don't know what to say, most people treat me like a nobody and they make anywhere from 30-200,000 dollars a year and most of them don't hold any point of power and position. He might very well be an arrogant prick, I just kind of expect all leaders to be. You certainly do have your finger on the pulse of the nation or at the very least the region from where you live and work, and that is no small feat, especially for an alpha male like you.

Obama just seems like he is a good listener... that is actually how I see him, I see him as curious and empathetic, two traits that this country needs the most.

As far as being snowed by a manufactured persona... I could very well be doing just that, I am not ruling that out, my judgement is not infallible.

I am just willing to take a leap of faith on this, he seems like a chance in a lifetime.

19. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)
  20. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

no, sweetie, I don't care about not getting your lame avatar.

Draft saved Draft deleted