Clinton Wins Almost Two to One in Florida

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The vote in Florida was 50 percent for Hillary and 30 percent for Obama. There are no delegates at stake, only Democrats could vote and there was no campaigning, yet that vote has major significance especially the size of Hillary's lead.

Will Hillary's margin hold up in New York, Calif and other large states February 5? Obama will most certainly win in Georgia according the press reports.

On February 5, will there be states on opposite sides of the specturm like South Caroline big for Obama and Florida, big for Hillary.

D

deleted213967

This protracted fight is killing the Democratic ticket.

Without a clear winner, the (now) 2 contenders are spending precious cash, time, health and voters patience fighting each other, instead of preparing to face the yet-to-be-determined Republican contender.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I posted this interesting fact in another thread but here it is again. Florida allows it's voter to vote early. Hillary won the Early voters, all of whom voted before South Carolina, Bill's Hijinks , the Kennedy endorsement etc. Of the folks in Florida who waited til voting day to vote at the polls, it was 50/50 with Obama and Clinton having an even split. It sounds like there was a move away from Clinton and towards Obama.

B_CBTallthetime

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
She didn't "win" anything. Such crap.

And she has a victory party on top of it. Just weird.

The Clintons are coming real close to just pissing every one in the Democratic party off. Such a sense of entitlement.

Obama is gaining momentum, and her doing all this petty stuff will catch up and bite her in the end

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
This protracted fight is killing the Democratic ticket.
Without a clear winner, the (now) 2 contenders are spending precious cash, time, health and voters patience fighting each other, instead of preparing to face the yet-to-be-determined Republican contender.

I don't think it's killing the ticket.
If the battle were more one-sided, the Dems would have a bit less coverage.
I think the Clintons will have made an adjustment in their strategy against Obama, and you won't see much of the behavior that was so disappointing for a few days.
The rancor in the race will be reduced.
Meanwhile, all the focus on the Democratic race is bringing the party into a real spotlight of public attention.
And that never hurt anyone's electoral chances.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, from what I've read the trends were toward Obama in Florida - people who made up their minds early tended to go for Hillary, whereas people who decided more recently were going for him.

I think he might give her a run for her money in CA. Our Dem primary is open now (FL was closed), meaning Independents (of which I am one) can vote now. And he's polling REALLY well with Indies. He's campaigning here (LA) tomorrow before the debate and it also seems like every time he shows up in a state his points go up. It's gonna be interesting to say the least.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Endorsements are flying in for Obama.... this will be good... because once he's on the ticket... he'll actually have to provide what he is FOR and will DO.. not what he doesn't like about Bush (blah blah blah) and throwing out "hope" and "change"...

McCain... even many Dems like... could be very innaresting.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Edwards dropping out will have an impact on Super Duper Tuesday as well... he was running third in most states, but in some of them (like CA) by a margin large enough to push Barak past Hillary if Obama winds up getting more Edwards supporters than she does.

I can't ever remember following a campaign this closely in my life... this is kind of fun.

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i can't believe anyone is tolerating this. all candidates signed an edict stating that they would not campaign in Florida because the DNC was taking action against the state for breaking party rules and the delegates were not to be seated.
So Hillary realizes that the race is going to be close between her and Barack so she starts fucking campaigning in Florida but calls it "holding fundraisers" so as to not break the signed edict via a technicality. As the only democrat there who campaigned she wins big. Then she holds a victory speech and files a complaint against the Obama campaign saying he had broken party rules by campaigning in florida - get this - because he had ads on nationwide TV (approved by the DNC by the way) that people in florida could potentially have viewed.
Then even worse, she comes out and starts saying that the Florida delegates should be seated, and cites the high turnout (which apparently is in a big part due to the attachment of some land transfer tax vote completely unrelated to her which was highly publicized before her involvement and was on to the ballot).

Like seriously that is bullshit politics and i'm somewhat glad that Edwards decided to announce his submission because it totally overshadowed the media attention she was hoping to get over this travesty of politics. If she's willing to pull this shit against her own party, what kind of administration is she gonna run?