Clinton

gigantikok: [quote author=jonb link=board=99;num=1055296557;start=0#12 date=06/13/03 at 18:48:02]Not that a cover-up was necessary; raping underage Indian girls is like counting coup for South Dakota rednecks. [/quote]
JonB, you really are a pistol, aren't you? Look at those "loaded words", folks. I had over looked your very racist statement towards the people in South Dakota. Not very wise to be making comments as ignorant and as offensive as that. Just because you are part of a minority it does not give you a right to insult any other group of people, majority or not. That's sinking to a pretty low level.

Longhornjok: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1055296557;start=0#19 date=06/25/03 at 15:22:24] OK, so a Republican Governor killed and raped a little girl, I don't condone that.  But then, um what other DEMOCRATIC politicians were involved in seedy kidnappings and murders?  The list could go on forever, but lets bring up a very noteworthy Gary Condit (forgive me if I've spelled his name wrong).[/quote]

Haha, so are you keeping a tally sheet of the ooooooooo "bad Democrats"? What exactly is your point, gigantikok? That somehow when people registered to vote and affiliated themselves with this party or that party, all the "bad guys" (or even most of them) checked the Democrat box?? That is so ludicrous as to defy comprehension. Perhaps you also believe that when the U.S. was being settled, it just so happened that all the racists chose to live south of the Mason-Dixon line, while all the white folk up North sat around singing  "We Shall Overcome".

Those who makes sweeping generalizations implying all Democrats behave this way or all Republicans behave that way do nothing to advance their specific political pov. "Any one who doesn't agree with me is bad/evil/wrong/criminal/anti-American." No, any one who doesn't agree with you may actually have an ethical, moral set of principles guiding them, too, believe it or not. Just because they don't share your beliefs, doesn't make you right - or righteous.

It's sad that this is what informs so much of the so-called political debate these days.

balls: This shit is like debating religion. Both sides are as dogmatic and both sides require a hell of a lot of faith.
Vote Libertarian.

gigantikok: yea, this topic seems to keep spiraling out of control by people who precieve me to be ignorant and want to discredit my arguement (because they don't agree with my political opinion) by changing the subject and using loaded phrases and preachy speeches. Well, my POINT longhornjok, which you and JonB seem to purposely overlook because you probably love the man so much, is that Clinton is a rapist. I dont see why you saw the need to lecture me about generalizing when in fact i WASN'T the one proclaiming that any political party member acts any certain way. If you read back, it was actually JonB who made the sweeping generalization...but, it's ok because he belongs to a minority and agrees with your political opinion. *coughbullshitcough* Of course, you saw the need to judge me and lecture me, since i don't agree with you. I don't even know why I keep responding to this stuff, it just brings up more people like you that feel the need to keep changing the subject because you can't seem to be able to find any way of defending your precious ex-president rapist.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1055296557;start=20#20 date=06/25/03 at 15:30:56]
JonB, you really are a pistol, aren't you? Look at those "loaded words", folks.  I had over looked your very racist statement towards the people in South Dakota.  Not very wise to be making comments as ignorant and as offensive as that.  Just because you are part of a minority it does not give you a right to insult any other group of people, majority or not.  That's sinking to a pretty low level.[/quote]
It's not racist if it's true, gigantikok. An Indian woman is 3 1/2 times as likely to be a rape victim as a white woman; 82% of the time, the rapist is white. Straight from the Justice Department.

If it occurs on the rez, we lose by Oliphant v. Suquamish and Duro v. Reina. If it occurs off the rez, we lose by nullification.

Longhornjok: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1055296557;start=20#24 date=06/26/03 at 11:40:11]yea, this topic seems to keep spiraling out of control by people who precieve me to be ignorant and want to discredit my arguement (because they don't agree with my political opinion) by changing the subject and using loaded phrases and preachy speeches.[/quote]

Gigantikok, your argument/opinion of Clinton being a "rapist" is based on your interpretation of various people's rehashing of past events, not on any first-hand knowledge or any legal charge or conviction. Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. I did look back at jonb's posts, and I don't see what they, OR your "Clinton is a rapist" argument have to do with you saying:

"But then, um what other DEMOCRATIC politicians were involved in seedy kidnappings and murders?"

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of suggesting entire groups of people, based on political affiliation or otherwise, have a market on immoral or unethical behavior. I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest anything like that though, right?

P.S. I'll try to keep the "loaded phrases" to a minimum if you want to point those out to me.

P.P.S. Based on any politically-oriented posts of yours I've seen here, you are the last person who should accuse anyone else of being preachy.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I miss all the fun I had when bill clinton was president. times where good back then with 4.7 unemployment. I got my job when bill clinton was president and i am still working there.