Clinton's 4 McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Notaguru2, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Notaguru2

Gold Member

...are making an ass of themselves on "Hardball" on MSNBC at this moment. Tune in. They're claiming Obama is a muslim and that he was not born in the US as well as claiming to have filed a law suit to keep Obama off the ballot.

They claim there are 3M registered "Clintons for McCain" members. However, there's only 3 identified in a crowd of several hundred.

I'm pretty sure if Obama wasn't elegible to be president, the FBI would've known before the PUMAs. LOL

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I saw one of the so-called commercials that one "Clinton supporter" made on the very topic. It's people like that who make me feel ashamed for even taking part of the election to begin with. I mean, how can ANYONE who supported Clinton take one look at Obama and think McCain is the better choice? Their thought process can't be based on any real logic or on real issues. The majority has to be based on "elitism" and "Muslim" propaganda.

I hate saying that because it sparks the usual flame wars and political drivel on the board, but I can't help it. I voted Clinton in the Primary, and yes I was saddened when she didn't get the nod. And I'm also saddened that she didn't get the nod for VP as well. But come on... I'm not CRAZY! I know who to choose in November.

3. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    These folks strike me as GOP supporters who crossed the line during primaries, and are now directed by the lovely Karl Rovers.

4. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

The fact that she's scheduled as the prime-time speaker regarding Obama's economic plan tomorrow, and is still listed as having dropped out of the race on June 8th, really undermines their idea that she's attending the convention to try to "steal back" the nomination.
    In fact, at this point, the only person who can legally steal the nomination is Gravel, as everybody else has officially, and continues to be, dropped out.

5. uniqueusername

None of them are "dropped out." They have only suspended their campaigns. They do this to avoid the legal messes in a worst-case scenario, such as the Bobby Kennedy assassination. Were the Democratic electorate to suddenly decide Obama was unelectable (he is, but don't tell them :tongue:), Hillary could pick up her campaign right where she left it off. In fact, I don't think she can close her campaign until she retires $5 million of debt.

6. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

She could legally re-enter the race, as could anybody else, but methinks she would have to announce her re-entry before the convention. According to the convention schedule, they're all set to declare Obama the nominee. For her to speak up against it now would undermine the party and weaken its structure. I give her more credit than her CFM supporters.

Draft saved Draft deleted