Closed door mod appointments?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ManlyBanisters, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I guess at least it is more honest than the last round of mod appointments where there was a tedious application process and shit-loads of speculation about who had applied, had certain people been invited etc.. And of course then then mods just picked who they wanted anyway.

This time, unless I managed not to see a very short application process, we have had invitees selected - I can only assume several were invited and a few turned it down.

I'm happy to see vince and hilaire up there. I hope they do as well as I know they can. But then I thought the same of Rubi (as was) and he was a fucking shit mod.

Dunno about Enid - we have bugger all interaction so I can't form an opinion on how I think she'll do. I do read her posts and I hope she'll be good - she certainly seems intelligent. But then so did bliss (as was) and she was shit too.

TattooedMamaMeg has been a mod before - I made no secret of the fact that I thought she was a shit mod then and I predict that trend will continue.

Just publicly stating my opinion - no one has asked, I know, but then that's the internet for you. :rolleyes:

Comment, or not... the floor is yours.

#1 ManlyBanisters, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    Thank you. I've always thought you seem very intelligent as well (going from posts I've read).

I hope to do a good job.

#2 Enid, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. Tevye

Tevye New Member

You mean they usually asked for people to take the thankless job? On 2 other boards the invitation came to me from the head moderator or site owner/manager. One of them recently began a new section of specific topic and put out a call which was different.
    Having seen comments from TattooedMamaMeg in the Princess Tasha thread I am not happy. As a moderator to call a member who left on their own rude and other things and couch it in speaking as a member shows little ability or maturity needed to be a moderator. If the member Princess Tasha had been banned or if other members had made statements like that first it might have been slightly acceptable instead TattooedMamaMeg leapt in and made unglamorous comments before the subject even began getting responses.

4. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    How could you possibly know whether or not I was effective if you had to ask if I was given the boot or chose to leave of my own accord?

5. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I'd say it's one of two things.

She "knows" you were a "shit" mod because she has decided such, thus making it so.

Or

Someone in the mod forum at the time leaked her your mod votes or comments which she happened to disagree with. And naturally without her agreement it must have been "shit".

Without knowing anything of the inner workings my only complaint of your and Rubi's observable moderating is that you left.

6. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

1. You assume I asked not knowing the answer. There is asking in search of information and asking to see how a person responds.

2. Please show me where I state you were 'ineffective'. I said you were 'shit'. The fact you read my comment that way says more about your own interpretation of your time as a mod here than is does about my interpretation of same. You were, as far as I am concerned, a shit mod for this site.

Gillette - you know I have you on ignore - you will stay on ignore and I will not read your comments if quoted by another member. I hope your comment was not seeking a response from me as you will not get one. Other than this one. Oh OK! You will not get two - there! Happy?

7. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I assumed nothing (and did not state that I assumed anything). All I know is what you've asked me previously and that was if I had been canned or had I resigned. You've not given any examples as to why I was "shit".

You are entitled to your opinion. Most readers would generally interpret "shit" to mean ineffective. If that's incorrect then it's up to you to clarify what you meant by "shit". Unless you can't be bothered because you just itching to insult a few former mods which is my guess. So be it.

8. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Vince and Hilaire are mods? I've been wondering where Hilaire has been lately, but im happy he is a mod.

Fruit basket on its way.

9. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I have a fruit basket for you.

10. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Why thank you kind sir, I've been on me hols :redface:

11. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, where's the postcard eh?!! :mad:

12. Xcuze

Gold Member

Takes to the floor..

Rubi was NOT a shit mod, Manly!

But he's way better out of it. It's not a job for submissive intellectuals. :cool:

13. D_Gunther Snotpole

Too much perception can a dead Xcuze make.

14. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

No, you see it doesn't work when you do it - I had a point when I did that in my last post because 'shit' and 'ineffective' are not at all synonymous. You may have had a huge negative effect, that would be shit too, wouldn't it?

Yes, it is up to me. Not you. Me. You can get on whatever thread you like and tell people what the OP meant, and what a certain poster is feeling, and what certain truths you hold to be self-evident - but I'm afraid that doesn't make it so. Any more than when I do it. The difference is I don't do it.

So be what?

Please, I'm insulting current mods too! :rolleyes:

Rubi is a great guy, there are precious few on this site I'd rather have behind or beside me in an intellectual argument. I thought the constraints of being a mod quite ruined him as a poster for that time, though - thus making him a shit mod. Everything about Rubi I wanted to be a mod was lost when he became one. I was disappointed.

15. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had no fucking idea they were selecting new mods. My invitation must've gotten lost in the mail...:disappointed:

16. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

I'm more a veg guy, but i'll take your fruit basket gladly:wink:

17. D_Gunther Snotpole

I knew you would.:cool:

18. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmm. Maybe Gillette is right.

19. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

So I'm not allowed to post my opinions until someone else does first? I appreciate your comments, to be quite honest, but I don't feel that it's fair that you expect the moderators to refrain from stating their opinions until other non-mods do so first. Unless that's not exactly what you meant? That's how I interpreted it, though.

20. Tevye

Tevye New Member

I am not looking for you to be fully silent I just thought it was in bad taste as a moderator to be the first to make unkind remarks about a member who had left on their own. If Princess Tasha had been banned outright or if others had already said similar things it might have seemed less abrasive. At no time do I want anybody to get the feeling they shouldn't speak I just feel moderators even as members should be more tactful and patient before entering in with either a for or against maybe posting that they will respond later.

Draft saved Draft deleted