closet jocks

buddy7706

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
just wonderin if there is any on here guys who are into sports and have never been thought to be gay but really are ir atleast curous...

biaussiesurfer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
ummm thats how i started out - still into sports heaps and still a jock, but now enjoy dik alot more regularly :). Im not out. As for whether I am Gay, guess that depends on which of the 5000 definitions you are using...

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
when doing my first olympic effort people didn't know until i outed myself one day (someone was trash-talking about gays and i'd had enough)--at the time, they were shocked and in about 30 seconds everyone knew.

that was back in 1995. i got a fair bit of grief, to my face and behind the scenes, over the ensuing years. today, because i'm so open people tease me about it sometimes, and i give it right back to them. i think it's important to "normalize" being gay by talking and joking around. it also makes it easier for folks to bring up the subject and ask questions.

these days i coach two high school teams, and parents and athletes alike know my orientation--i never get any grief. that's because i may be gay, but i'm their coach first, i care about them and wouldn't do anything inappropriate.

suppose the biggest "compliment" i got was from a team-mate this winter. we were sharing in a hotel room for a competition and he said "it's obvious you're gay but when we're (doing our sport) you're just the most tenacious fucker out there..." it surprised that straight guy that a fag could be tough competitor--many have made the mistake... ;)