clothes and curves

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When I was younger I used to dress in the most skimpiest things, I call it my hoochie mama stage. But I dress conservatively for work. It's just not practical having cleavage hanging out in the office. When I go out I dress more provocatively but within reason. I am not 20 anymore and don't find the need to flaunt what I got.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I always wondered how a female would be unaware of how her clothing style affected men. Don't you get outrageous amounts of attention and harassment when you wear certain kinds of clothes? And I ask this from genuine curiosity.

Very few men behaved in a manner that was obvious enough for me to notice. It's only now, after speaking to an FB who knew me then, that I've realised that my clothing back then DID in fact make an impact on most guys I came into contact with.

In the same vein, why the heck do females where tights to the gym when they work out? Why not wear basketball shorts and tank top?
Comfort.

Or at least wear some little shorts OVER the tights. Or SOMEthin. I consider it a hazard. I am a big proponent of female-only gyms. So distracting. Beautiful. Marvelous. Awe-inspiring. But distracting.

If you find it so distracting, move to a country where the women must remain covered by law. Then you will be thoroughly protected against the dangers of seeing an inch of female flesh.

NePlusUltra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Soo....it has to be tight to be comfortable? Tights would be less comfortable with shorts over them?

If you find it so distracting, move to a country where the women must remain covered by law. Then you will be thoroughly protected against the dangers of seeing an inch of female flesh.

I don't have an issue with seeing female flesh. I don't need to be protected from its dangers. Its not that big of a deal. I was wondering why some women would choose to wear clothing so obviously distracting in a place where it could actually be dangerous, as opposed to wearing equally comfortable alternatives that are less revealing. From my own perspective, shorts are more comfortable to work-out in because there's less restriction. Sometimes I wear the compression shorts if I'm going to do some heavy leg work, but I always wear them as underwear and have regular shorts over them. Now, I recognize that people have different ideas about what's comfortable, but just like certain clothing options are distracting in an office setting, I don't find it unreasonable to point out that certain clothing options are distracting in a gym. Now, if I'm the only one that has been consistently distracted by this then, alright. But I'm curious.

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Soo....it has to be tight to be comfortable? Tights would be less comfortable with shorts over them?

I don't have an issue with seeing female flesh. I don't need to be protected from its dangers. Its not that big of a deal. I was wondering why some women would choose to wear clothing so obviously distracting in a place where it could actually be dangerous, as opposed to wearing equally comfortable alternatives that are less revealing. From my own perspective, shorts are more comfortable to work-out in because there's less restriction. Sometimes I wear the compression shorts if I'm going to do some heavy leg work, but I always wear them as underwear and have regular shorts over them. Now, I recognize that people have different ideas about what's comfortable, but just like certain clothing options are distracting in an office setting, I don't find it unreasonable to point out that certain clothing options are distracting in a gym. Now, if I'm the only one that has been consistently distracted by this then, alright. But I'm curious.

is there a "meat market" element to your gym? or are people there to work out and that's it? sounds like they're flaunting and flirting.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always wondered how a female would be unaware of how her clothing style affected men. Don't you get outrageous amounts of attention and harassment when you wear certain kinds of clothes? And I ask this from genuine curiosity.
If she only has clothes that fit closely, how would she know any different? As for me, I wear tight clothes because my giant rack makes anything loose fit like a sack. So either it's tits on display, or feel ugly and fat. Fuck that. I wear what actually fits well, and am quick to belittle anyone who treats me inappropriately.

There's a female I kinda work with that has this THICK ass, round, heavy, pokes out. Nice thick thighs. And she constantly wears these tight business dress pants. Lord Almighty. Seriously. C'mon. I'm telling you that thing looks so JUICY. Everytime I see her I curse to myself. Man. She HAS to know what the deal is. I know she does. Luckily, I don't really work with her so I don't have to deal with it regularly. The pants do look comfortable though.
She probably looks like a fat-ass in less form-fitting clothes. And yeah. The stretchy dress pants feel really comfy. Like sweats you can close deals in.

In the same vein, why the heck do females where tights to the gym when they work out? Why not wear basketball shorts and tank top? Or at least wear some little shorts OVER the tights. Or SOMEthin. I consider it a hazard. I am a big proponent of female-only gyms. So distracting. Beautiful. Marvelous. Awe-inspiring. But distracting.
My thighs touch. I hate baggy pants. The bunch up. If I'm running, I wear boys swim trunks to let the breeze in, but I do hate the bunching. For any other workout I prefer leggings.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't find it unreasonable to point out that certain clothing options are distracting in a gym. Now, if I'm the only one that has been consistently distracted by this then, alright. But I'm curious.
If a person is too distracted by my body to do their workout safely, that person needs to go someplace and exercise their mind first. Their weak mind is not my concern, nor should it be.

playerclient

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very few men behaved in a manner that was obvious enough for me to notice. It's only now, after speaking to an FB who knew me then, that I've realised that my clothing back then DID in fact make an impact on most guys I came into contact with.

Most guys? Given your verify photo, I believe it.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I dress these boobs for comfort. Often in patterns so that they are paid no attention. Solid colors tend to show them off so I tend to camo them. Although recently I did wear a low-cut solid top to class, had to test out a guy (I was right), but I did that for me. The curves of my ass jiggle on their own and I don't care to lycra them down. I let it go where it wants to. As for the gym, t-shirt and capris for comfort. I tend to go when no one's around. Love 24 hour access. :)

playerclient

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dress these boobs for comfort. Often in patterns so that they are paid no attention. Solid colors tend to show them off so I tend to camo them. Although recently I did wear a low-cut solid top to class, had to test out a guy (I was right), but I did that for me. The curves of my ass jiggle on their own and I don't care to lycra them down. I let it go where it wants to. As for the gym, t-shirt and capris for comfort. I tend to go when no one's around. Love 24 hour access. :)

Test a guy by wearing a low-cut top? Huh? Test for what? What was the result?

Your self-description really makes me want to see some photos of what sounds like a great figure.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Yes, tight is significantly more comfortable. Tight means you don't have clothing working it's way into awkward places. Tight means folds of clothing don't rub you unpleasantly. And tight gives you a greater range of movement - it's not as restrictive.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If a person is too distracted by my body to do their workout safely, that person needs to go someplace and exercise their mind first. Their weak mind is not my concern, nor should it be.

Seconded. Or they can petition their gym to establish a male only room, just as many gyms have female only rooms.

Most guys? Given your verify photo, I believe it.

Thank you :smile:.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Test a guy by wearing a low-cut top? Huh? Test for what? What was the result?

Your self-description really makes me want to see some photos of what sounds like a great figure.

I had to test out my theory that he was either checking me out or looking out the window beyond me. I was right. He's now joined at my hip in class as he now sits right next to me. :)
Spring time!

NePlusUltra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
subgirrl said:
Yes, tight is significantly more comfortable. Tight means you don't have clothing working it's way into awkward places. Tight means folds of clothing don't rub you unpleasantly. And tight gives you a greater range of movement - it's not as restrictive.

Hmm. Alright. If the tights are significantly more comfortable for you, then that's enough of an answer by itself. I didn't think that would be the case. If anything, I thought the shorts would be more comfortable, and at the very least, the difference in comfort would be so marginal that the shorts would be a better choice, other reasons considered. I will say that I've very rarely, if ever, seen any guy lift weights wearing tights. I've also never heard any guy say that workout shorts were uncomfortable. I've also never felt uncomfortable working out in shorts myself. BUT, those are all guys so, there could be an important difference in how we perceive comfort? I will also say that it doesn't make sense to me that tights are less restrictive and give you better range of motion than shorts. How is that possible? If its tight, doesn't it necessarily have to be more restrictive than something that is not tight?

AlteredEgo said:

I don't think that's a fair statement. What about a woman walking around naked in a gym. Would that be too distracting? Because some women actually look better in tights than they do naked: they hide stretch marks and blemishes; they tuck in the sloppy parts; they smooth the dimply portions; and they firm up what is already looking ripe. Many tights have a form-enhancing visual effect. Now, I'm still not saying they are soo distracting that nobody should ever be allowed to wear them in a gym and they should be banned 4evEr. But I am saying that represent enough of a distraction, especially on particular women, that if your intention is strictly to work out, alternative clothing could serve your intentions better. Unless, like subgirrl, the tights are just way way more comfortable.

spotted_duck said:
is there a "meat market" element to your gym? or are people there to work out and that's it? sounds like they're flaunting and flirting.

I think there is a major "meat market" element. I didn't really think about that before. I was confused why you would wear something that you know is outrageously flattering to the gym to workout, but, if the workout is actually a secondary objective, it makes perfect sense.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hmm. Alright. If the tights are significantly more comfortable for you, then that's enough of an answer by itself. I didn't think that would be the case. If anything, I thought the shorts would be more comfortable, and at the very least, the difference in comfort would be so marginal that the shorts would be a better choice, other reasons considered. I will say that I've very rarely, if ever, seen any guy lift weights wearing tights. I've also never heard any guy say that workout shorts were uncomfortable. I've also never felt uncomfortable working out in shorts myself. BUT, those are all guys so, there could be an important difference in how we perceive comfort? I will also say that it doesn't make sense to me that tights are less restrictive and give you better range of motion than shorts. How is that possible? If its tight, doesn't it necessarily have to be more restrictive than something that is not tight?

I don't think that's a fair statement. What about a woman walking around naked in a gym. Would that be too distracting? Because some women actually look better in tights than they do naked: they hide stretch marks and blemishes; they tuck in the sloppy parts; they smooth the dimply portions; and they firm up what is already looking ripe. Many tights have a form-enhancing visual effect. Now, I'm still not saying they are soo distracting that nobody should ever be allowed to wear them in a gym and they should be banned 4evEr. But I am saying that represent enough of a distraction, especially on particular women, that if your intention is strictly to work out, alternative clothing could serve your intentions better. Unless, like subgirrl, the tights are just way way more comfortable.

I think there is a major "meat market" element. I didn't really think about that before. I was confused why you would wear something that you know is outrageously flattering to the gym to workout, but, if the workout is actually a secondary objective, it makes perfect sense.

mmm-- men in spandex at the gym!