Clothes Make the (Wo)Man

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: So I was going to start a Halloween thread . . . but instead I'd like to ask, not what you'll be dressing up as, but how you usually dress. What did you wear today?

Me, I wore a black t-shirt, black lee jeans, black converse lowtops . . . and white socks.

2. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: Black jeans, black belt, black boots, black socks, grey musclish type crew neck T-shirt, dark green cap and dark blue jeans jacket.

Usually the above or my camouflage pants with a T.

PS I do have a custom made dark blue double breasted suit and a tux. Anyone want to take me to a nice restaurant. I clean up real pretty.

3. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I didn't put together a costume persay, but I have a makeup class (yup, being a wierdo theatre student and all).  Today was a fantasy/monster makeup application day in the spirit of Halloween and I made myself up to look like a kick ass devil/imp thing.  The teacher took a picture.  If he sends me a copy, and the makeup conceals my identity well enough, I might post it all for you to take a look at...

4. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: I wore low cut, wide leg, blue striped dress pants and a navy blue tank and sweater set.

I had to work.

After which I wore a sweaty workout suit....

I know you all want me ~laughs~

5. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Wow, sounds cool!  I'd like to see that, Gig, if you feel comfortable posting it.

But I was asking about your civilian clothes.  What is everybody's everyday 'costume' . . .

Me, I'm loving this mustard colored polyester pantsuit I'm wearing now!

6. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Let's see ----

khakis, white T-shirt, blue sweater, and brown clunky shoes to work, then jeans, t-shirt at home.

Thrilling, I know...but I'm a tshirt and jeans kind of guy.

7. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I just love this kind of thread, though, Paul . . . like the 'what's in your purse/wallet' ones . . . in some ways, these mundane things can be really telling . . . or excruciatingly boring, depending on whether or not the cough syrup's kicked in yet.

And I bet you looked great in your sweaty workout clothes, Sammy ;)

8. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Um...no...I really didn't Peter :D

TRUST me.

9. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I like this kind too, though...it gives some insight into the people behind the names/posts.

10. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: well im a T shirt and jeans kind of gal when i am doing average housework or yard stuff...

in front of this box, i wear a joe boxer pant set, tank top... well not much actually....my jammies lol

hmmm. other than that, i like to wear sweats if its cold...
    and i clean up pretty for going to town....

i just bought 2 spiderman shirts!!!

so i guess im an eclectic dresser. wear alot of different things...depending on the occassion ;)

Tender

11. Imported

Gold Member

Maximillian: Today I wore black sweat pants, white thermal shirt and a black and grey flannel shirt. However when I am dressing to go out, I tend to dress a little GQish/preppy. As long as My cowboy boots look good with it I am cool  :D

Maximillian

P.S. sammy looks good in "sweaty", dont let her fool you

12. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: AH!
    cowboy boots,
    that reminds me...

i just have to say here,

i find a cowboy hat extremely sexy!!!
    :-*
    Tender

13. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: I do love me a Cowboy....

...and....everythings bigger in Texas.... ;D

14. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Or Calgary as the case may be.....for our Canadian friends...

I need to buy me one of them Cowboy Hats.

15. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: [quote author=Tender link=board=99;num=1067570195;start=0#11 date=10/30/03 at 20:14:31]AH!
    cowboy boots,
    that reminds me...

i just have to say here,

i find a cowboy hat extremely sexy!!!
    :-*
    Tender [/quote]

might need to clarify my 'sexy' remark with some explaination-

you see, if the hat is on the right man, at the right time, in just such a way....

well, might need to beat me off with a stick :p

(all hot and bothered...)
    Tender

16. Imported

Gold Member

Rayolin: *digs out his ten gallon hat* all for you tender :-* lol

You can find me dressed in scrubs 75% of the time, but when im not workin i wear windpants or jeans in the dead of winter. Summer, Spring and Fall its shorts. T-shirts all year long ;)

17. Imported

Gold Member

inquiringmind: Hi,
    THough I often can be seen in funky art wear ( blue fish, FLAX,miyake) from time to time I dress up.Yesterday, I had on a fitted black donegal tweed suit with black stockings, black pumps and as always a hat! I do the cowboy boots seriously! I still have my first pair of roach stompers from childhood with inlays up the wazoo! I have 10 pairs of tony lama wing tips and lizards. When I mix up the suit and cowboy boot thing, I always get nice ratings.... Lately, I have been doing the forties suits and pumps thing though when I dress up.

Oh, and Sammygirl... though I live in the Mid atlantic region, I have land in El Paso and Albuquerque...

18. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: At work, I am usually in some sort of business suit-ish look although I do tend to favor those outfits with softer lines... at home, you will find me in my jammies unless I have company in which case I have on a very casual dress.

19. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: At work, it depends if I've got a funeral to do or not. If that's the case, you can find me in the requisite dark "mortician" suit, usually charcoal grey or navy. If I don't have a funeral, usually slacks and a dress shirt, unless I'm planning to clean or move furniture around or something, when I will wear jeans and a polo shirt. When I'm embalming, I just wear hospital scrubs and all the "personal protection" gear to take "universal precautions" against any airborne or bloodborne pathogens.

Around the house, when I'm by myself, I can usually be found in boxers and a tshirt. If people are over, I'll be in khakis or jeans and some kind of shirt. I tend to be pretty traditional/preppy. My favorite stores are Brooks Brothers and JCrew.

20. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Monstro link=board=99;num=1067570195;start=0#6 date=10/30/03 at 19:37:20]I just love this kind of thread, though, Paul . . . like the 'what's in your purse/wallet' ones . . . in some ways, these mundane things can be really telling . . . or excruciatingly boring, depending on whether or not the cough syrup's kicked in yet.

[/quote]

Monstro hit the nail on the head here....these little mudane posts are the most telling. That is how you really get to know other people. We need to keep up these posts. I have gotten some laughs from this one, as well as the " what's in your wallet/purse" threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted