Clothing optional resorts

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by saintedelephant, Feb 27, 2008.

1. saintedelephant

saintedelephant New Member

This question is mostly for the men. My birthday is coming up, and I have been thinking about going to an all male clothing optional guesthouse or resort. I have a straight friend who said he would go with me. My question is have any of you ever been to one, and how was the experience? I have never been, and have reservations about dropping the pants in a public setting.. Not sure how I may stack up, etc.

2. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

From what I see you will do just fine. I have been to a few in my years and yea...they are allot of fun. Thats cool that your straight buddy is willing to go with but be warned...things can get a little out of hand if ya know what I mean. I have buddies who are ok with the bi/gay thing in theory but get squemish when its 'in their face'.

Happy early B day btw.

3. saintedelephant

saintedelephant New Member

:smile:Thank you. He is actually totally fine with it. Im not sure if he would drop the pants, but I have seen him in situations that would make many straight men nervous, and he seems to handle it fine

4. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    I go to such places all the time in Palm Springs. The key word is "optional," which helps people find, then expand, their comfort zone. Most such places are centered around a pool. You go out to sunbathe and swim wearing whatever shorts, swimsuit, thong, etc you are comfortable with. Since it's a clothing optional place, you can wear someting skimpy, that might be indecent at a public beach, but still gives you modesty at the resort. A lot of guys do that. You see what others are doing, get comfortable, or see "how you stack up, if that's an issue for you. I think you'll find that most guys are not naked 100% of the time. Then maybe you decide to slip your swimsuit off next time you take a dip in the pool. Or that sun is awfully hot as you are tanning poolside, and it would be a little more comfortable with nothing on...etc.

5. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Just don't bend over like you did in your hanger shot. Otherwise, you should be fine.

6. erratic

Gold Member

Anyone have any recommendations as to resorts/campgrounds?

7. 117826

117826 New Member

island house in key west islandhousekeywest.com

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most of the gay hotels on the beach here in Ft Lauderdale are clothing optional.

9. Viking_UK

Gold Member

I've been to a couple. Just remember to take a towel to sit on. The owner of a gay hotel told me about how he'd had to reupholster a couch because a guy had left skid marks on it.

You do see some action in public spaces, but it's usually considered polite to find somewhere private, and to respect others' privacy - unless invited to join in of course.

The resorts tend to be mixed, some allowing children as well as adults, so guys and girls normally behave there. In general, it depends on the place and the crowd. Sometimes, you see blatant sexual activity and other times none at all.

As for measuring up, don't worry about it. As long as you're comfortable with yourself, who cares what anyone else thinks? You see all shapes and sizes. Nudity's the great leveller and most people who get naked do so because they like to be naked, not because they want to criticise each other's bodies.

Draft saved Draft deleted