Clothing the ass / booty

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by novice_btm, Oct 6, 2006.

1. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, I guess by its nature, this is the wrong site for this, but(t) I'll ask anyway.

There are lots of threads about clothing that accomodates the bulge up front, but does anyone have any suggestions on brands of undies, jeans, and trousers that fit well in the back?

I was trying on pants at Club Monaco, and couldn't find any that fit me. Apparently they are designed for men with NO asses. The clerk told me that I might be a bit to "juicy" for their cuts. :disappointed: He was right though. Things the fit my ass well were too big everywhere else, and things the fit my waist well had my ass looking like it was going to do a super-hero bursting of the seams. :rolleyes:

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

And this is a bad thing because...? :rolleyes:

3. novice_btm

Albums:
    My ass was actually flattened, they were so tight! MY ass... FLAT!!! :eek: That CAN'T be a good thing. :rolleyes:

4. davidjh7

Gold Member

Feh---trying to flatten your ass would be like trying to flatten the Rocky Mountains--it is possible, but likely will take millions of years.:kiss:

5. novice_btm

Albums:
    Actually, with a pair of Club Monaco pants, it was accomplished in the 2 minutes that it took me to squeeze into them. :sad:

6. cklover

Gold Member

Albums:
    Novice knows anybody with an eye for manbutt wants his...he just needs a little attention once in a while. Man, I LOVE your ass!

7. novice_btm

Albums:
    My signature rests its case. See what happens when I attempt a serious post. :rolleyes:

8. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Your thread contains the words "ass" and "booty" in its title; where did you think things were going to end up, other than with several dozen men clamoring for a piece of your legendary derrière? :rolleyes:

9. novice_btm

Albums:
    a) it's only a legend in YOUR mind. :tongue:
    b) it says CLOTHING, and NOT disrobing. :wink:

I'm trying to COVER it.

10. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Not in the fantasy I'm just taking to bed with me, you aren't :tongue:

11. novice_btm

Albums:
    Fine, I give up trying to find clothes that fit. I'm off to my massage. So, hate to crush your little fantasy, but someone else is about to have their hands all over my ass. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

12. chris4869

chris4869 New Member

Albums:
    novice_btm, I think you got a nice_btm.

13. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Welcome to my world. My ass isn't even that big, but because I have one, I often have to buy pants and jeans accordingly. When I find a brand of either that fits me well, I purchase the dress slacks in every color and the jeans in most washes.

Many ethnic males and females have these issues and some designers have responded by making niche brands. Black Women, for example, have long had to deal with the "gap" in the back of the waist of their jeans/pants if they have an ass. It sucks and I feel your pain.

14. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Nov, for those of us who do not have your handsome gluts, your problem seems a bit like a D cupper telling her A cup friend how awful it is to go shopping for bras. C'mon, I'd love to have your problem instead of a skinny butt. When I turn sideways, I look like a stick. Very not sexy. :rolleyes:

15. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

awww maybe you can find someone that will love you for your mind and not your behind.

16. nathangsm

nathangsm New Member

Albums:
    Bursting of the seams... Hmmm. Oh, that would be a bad thing for the wardrobe, I suppose.

First of all, different undergarments will make a difference. A micro-fiber boxer-brief has a tendency to flatten the buttocks just a bit, and that may give a bit more room in some styles of pants. As for the pants themselves, if you're looking at jeans, go for the "working man" styles (carpenter pants, work wear, boot cut, etc.), as these tend to have a bit more room in the seat, to accommodate actuating having to move in them. Also, if you're going for a relaxed fit in the waist, go for a lower rise, so you don't get that long-bottom look. Likewise, avoid pants with pleats, that flare out over your hips. And absolutely do not wear anything that's cinched around your waist.

As for brands, it's been a while since I've worn jeans very often, but Lands End's Square Rigger brand (was) a great fit for me, with some of my pairs lasting over 10 years. In more recent times, I had some Lee Dungaree cargo pants that fit well, were complimentary to my assets, and durable as well. Aside from jeans and cargos, there twill flat-front chino's might be a good choice, and you can get them in relaxed or even loose fit (but they're not hip-hop baggy by any means). See if you can find a store with a wide range of styles and fits, so that you can find what actually works the best for you. Because one of life's greatest tragedies is to have underused assets, as it were. And as a massage therapist, I've been shocked to find many a beautiful buttock languishing unrepresented under the wrong style of pants.

17. novice_btm

Albums:
    Oh my gosh!!! Exactly!!! The pants that "fit" me, had enough space to... um, EDIT: *stops before he makes a comment about putting something down the back of his pants*.

Is that your subtle way of telling me that I should just go naked?

I think my signature dispels that thought ever being a possibility. :tongue:

Now, THAT is some helpful advise. Although, I have to admit, I often have some mild cinching going on. Not with everything, but there's always a pair, here and there, where I have to do it.

Well, since my trainer loves making me do squats and leg presses, I do a lot of traditional dancing, and I rollerblade, I pretty much ask every time to have my glutes and legs worked. As a massage-ee, it's interesting to me that the massage my ass gets, falls into a stereotype, and we all know how I'm not fond of stereotypes. I go to a school (totally legit massages, with a little observation slit window in the door, for monitoring, to prevent "happy endings", and keep things on the up-and-up), so I have a different guy almost every time. Black & Latin guys, don't seem to have a problem with massaging it, the only real variation is whether or not they put a sheet between me and their hands. White guys are 50/50, both on whether they'll even massage it at all, and the use of a sheet. Of the three Asian masseurs I've had, I've only had one guy that would go near it (oddly, this same guy risked reaching under my hips, when I was on my stomach, to "accidently" grab my dick too).

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

For dress slacks, I have to wear pleated and microfiber. Flat Fronts don't work --the fabric stretches tight across my ass and then pulls tight across my bulge. This is a problem when you work in a professional environment where modesty is the standard.

I wear Docker Pro Pants. For Jeans, I wear Gap Baggy Fit (in my true waist size). The are available online only.

19. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    Now you see that is just not right. There should be laws against flattening an ass such as yours....

I like the fit of pants from Eddie Bauer, like you I have trouble finding pants that will fit my butt and be comfortable as well. I like theirs.

Also, how cool that you are going to school for massage. I get a massage about once a month (legit) from a Brazilian and his hands are magic. When he first started about two years ago, he would put a towel over my butt. Fast forward, now he doesn't even bother with the towel and he has no hesitation massaging my glutes.

20. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    Novice: I can totally relate to what you are talking about. For me if I can find pants that are good in the thighs then they are probably too big in the waist.

As off as it might sound most retailers have a size model on which they base thier sizing. Which is why a 32x32 at one brand can fit totally different at another, and sometimes sizing changes from season to season. So your best bet would be to find a brand that works and stick with it... or even get a decent pair of pants that might not ift perfectly (a little larger) and have them tailored. If that works get a few more pairs and do the same thing that way you're not stuck with just on pair.

Draft saved Draft deleted