Clown to host circus: Paul & Huntsman refuse debate moderated by Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Calboner, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Another (yes, another!) debate for the Republican presidential candidates has been scheduled for December 27, but this time Donald Trump is the appointed moderator.

Keith Olbermann's response on Twitter to the headline "Trump to Moderate Republican Debate": "Clown to host circus."

Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman have both refused to participate.

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The GOP primaries this year truly are the political version of American Idol.

3. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    In an interview with Christiane Amanpour today, Barney Frank compared the Republican presidential field with the cast of The Wizard of Oz: he got as far casting Mitt Romney as the Tin Woodsman (every part of him has been replaced with something else), Rick Perry as the Scarecrow (needs a brain), and Newt Gingrich as the Wizard, because "there's nothing there." I wish she had let him explain the rest of the casting.

Barney Frank Casts GOP Candidates for 'The Wizard of Oz' | Video Cafe

4. houtx48

Gold Member

I have said all along the candidates need to go on stages and all pile out of a tiny car.

5. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Paul and Huntsman aren't my favorite ones, but I have to respect them for turning down a debate that's such a blatant media spectacle. They should all be refusing this one. It shows a little self-respect. I'd say the same if Perez Hilton was hosting a Democratic debate.

6. dude_007

Gold Member

Good grief, haven't we heard enough debates?
    It seems like there's been one every week for a couple months now

7. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    news flash! the GOP does not really want to win (again).

their plan is to have barry win by a slim margin so they can continue to intentionally sabotage the economy till the next election, then in 2016 swoop in and save US all.

this was the plan all along. and its why palin was added as VP to ticket the last time around. they got scared mcain might win, and would have to take the fall failing to fix dubya's mess.

plus, as an extra GOP bonus, if they can pin their manufactured mess on obama well enough, we may not see a black president for another 50 years or more.

watch...if job numbers go up for a few more months, expect a bunch of layoffs to bring things back down to a screeching halt.

#7 tamati, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  8. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your speculations are hugely implausible, and the certainty with which you offer them is completely misplaced. In both respects, they remind me of the conspiracy fantasies of BigBoy10 (see the thread "9/11 and new world order") and former member Hobbleme ("UH OH! HERE WE GO AGAIN! Only for Conspiracy Theorists!"). Looks to me like a case of hyperactive agency detection:

9. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hadn't thought they'd risen to that level:biggrin1:. Considering I am not a fan of American Idol, that should say how terrible I have found these "debates" to be. After the first few I had to stop watching it was giving me bad headaches.

10. dazedandconfused

I cannot understand what people have against Ron Paul.

11. lucky8

Gold Member

Old Newt's been having private meetings with The Donald. I wonder what they're talking about...

12. edonline

Gold Member

13. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Marcus Bachmann would be too improbably typecast as The Cowardly Lion: the obviousness would serve as a distraction. Hillary, of course and always, is The Wicked Witch of the West; Dorothy is, sadly, the electorate in general.

I hozie Toto: alls I gotta do is be cute on cue :cool:

Because he's the mayor of Munchkin City (or, perhaps as an MD he's actually The Coroner :rolleyes:). Why is Glenda lurking under Audrey II?

I don't watch broadcast TV and have resisted anything beyond the live-bloggings of Josh Marshall and Andrew Sullivan as regards the debates. Trust me when I say that I've been sufficiently apprised of the proceedings without having to have suffered through them in real time.

14. D_PinkieAreola

D_PinkieAreola Account Disabled

I don't know about the rest of you but the Republican Primaries are like Christmas every morning. The debates are are so ridiculous I'm surprised more comedy writers aren't unemployed. Mitt Romney is as exciting as watching shuffleboard at a nursing home. Newt Gringrich is a walking model of political corruption. Herman Cain, nuff said. Bachmann, Huntsman, and Santorum are barely relevant. Ron Paul is that fine line between brilliance and insanity, but is completely unelectable. I hope he sticks around though because he's the smartest person on the stage.

Obama is going to intellectually butcher who ever gets picked out of the bunch. I feel like every plausible name is waiting for 2016. They're making a mistake there might not be a party to run or by that time. The hatred for Obama will consume he party.

15. midlifebear

Gold Member

I think Obama couched the GOP circus best when a reporter asked him who he thought had the qualities of a real front runner and he answered (I'm paraphrasing a bit here) "I've been too busy to pay any attention. I'm just waiting for the last one to be voted off the island."

16. sargon20

Gold Member

Exact on all points :smile:. As for comedy I recall when Palin was running and Saturday Night Live and Tina Fey did the skits. They didn't have to write a thing. Just run it from the top and the same is true today. Rick Perry?? Herman Cain?? Michelle Bachmann?? It's comedy (tragic) straight from the top, no embellishments needed.

17. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Romney declined to participate a few days ago, leaving the gathering to the pure clowns; but now, besides Herman Cain having "suspended" his candidacy, Michele Bachmann has turned Trump down, which considerably diminishes the potential entertainment value of the event. Now all that remain are Newt Gingrich and the two half-wits, Perry and Santorum.

18. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is the most heartening Republican news I've heard in some time.

19. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Which will make Newt appear as an absolute genius. I can't say for sure, but I think millions have waited a long time for Newt to seem like a genius.:biggrin1:

20. rubirosa

rubirosa Active Member

Finally we have someone ( Trump ) who isn't afraid to ask the Questions that the other PUSSIES are to scared to cover. Kudos to Donald Trump!!!! Wake up America before it's to late....

Draft saved Draft deleted