Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama is well above where Bill Clinton was at about the same time in the summer of his first year, but he is at least a few points behind the positions of George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter at comparable times in their first year in the White House.
(emphasis added)

Obama Job Approval Edges Up to 56%

D

deleted15807

If you think these numbers are bad, imagine where Bush's would be! :biggrin1: It's hard to imagine him slipping below 25%, but its a certain reality if he was still in office.

If Bush could have just articulated better the Republican position all would have been sooo much better. It wasn't the policies just the message wasn't reaching America. Doncha see?
:confused:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama is well above where Bill Clinton was at about the same time in the summer of his first year, but he is at least a few points behind the positions of George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter at comparable times in their first year in the White House.
(emphasis added)

Obama Job Approval Edges Up to 56%

How about some context Nick? =) I hope even YOU can realize that Obama's first 6 months in office is nothing like any President has inherited before.

D

deleted15807

So? The Messiah can heal just by laying his hands on you. Obama just needs to lay his hands on a problem and pufff watch it go away. Bush wasn't the Messiah and that was his main problem.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The whole premise of this thread is false. Trinity said the "poll" on cnn.com says that a Majority of Americans don't give the President high marks for his first 100 days. The poll says no such thing. Actually the poll gives no statistical info at all. It was an internet poll on the cnn.com website. It gave the "marks" of a group of self selected people who took the poll. Internet polls are easily manipulated and give no statistically significant information.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
The whole premise of this thread is false. Trinity said the "poll" on cnn.com says that a Majority of Americans don't give the President high marks for his first 100 days. The poll says no such thing. Actually the poll gives no statistical info at all. It was an internet poll on the cnn.com website. It gave the "marks" of a group of self selected people who took the poll. Internet polls are easily manipulated and give no statistically significant information.

CNN. Obama's 2nd 100 days. C-. Whatever makes you feel better Indy.

D

deleted15807

Internet polls are nothing but entertainment. They have absolutely no controls around them.

Analysis: Are instant Internet polls worthwhile?

The main problem is that the reactions gathered online come from a group limited to "those who have heard about it, have access to the Internet and take the time to log on and participate," O'Neill said. They do not reflect the reactions of a cross-section of voters, he said.

"It's basically more about entertainment than about serious research," agreed Humphrey Taylor of the polling company Harris Interactive

The whole premise of this thread is false.

That is the premise of every single thread The Entity known as Trinity has started. Every single one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Internet polls are nothing but entertainment. They have absolutely no controls around them.

Analysis: Are instant Internet polls worthwhile?
The main problem is that the reactions gathered online come from a group limited to "those who have heard about it, have access to the Internet and take the time to log on and participate," O'Neill said. They do not reflect the reactions of a cross-section of voters, he said.

"It's basically more about entertainment than about serious research," agreed Humphrey Taylor of the polling company Harris Interactive

That is the premise of every single thread The Entity known as Trinity has started. Every single one.

C- ....why did CNN even bother! When their efforts were so meaningless! Too bad for Obama it was covered for hours. There are dozens of articles written on Obama's second 100 Days National Report Card. :rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How about some context Nick? =) I hope even YOU can realize that Obama's first 6 months in office is nothing like any President has inherited before.

the context I would use to measure his performance is the one wherein, as a campaigner, he raised expectations by the promises he made, and likely, will not be able to keep

the problem being that he knew, or should have known, he would not be able to keep, which is the problem I've had with all along

sunking99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Right..

I'm going to say this because it needs saying.
The fact is most people are stupid enough to believe the Media.And since most of the "global" Media is run by Rupert Murdoch , who has publicly stated He does not support Obama . What do you expect from people who follow the herd.

Secondly, Why does this particular president need to evaluated like He's a Child.

I'll tell you why.. because white people who critique OBAMA are obsessed with "race" . America silent majority is fascist and racist..simple as that. want proof...? just ask and ill give it.

here's a simple example:

The Whites enact Genocide against the indigenous people of the American continent who have been living there for ten of thousands of years.
years Later they start naming weapon systems after the very people they've destroyed. You want a definition of "un civilised "or evil or just sick- that's it!

LOOK at what results he has achieved instead of the damn rhetoric. Bush in his first 100 day went on holiday for 60 of them..oh and started an incident with china..and began a ridiculous campaign of isolating America from the world.

Quite frankly Obama should not of even bothered taking the Job.

Because AMERICA DESERVES A President Like BUSH OR any extremist crypto fascist and suffer the consequences of terminal decline as a result.

Having a black president only justifies the continued racism and prejudice.becuase the white people have something to blame. Thats why you tolerate minorities..as scape goat. something to blame thats all.. your not tolerant, benevolent or in socially accepting of any people.. you pretend to be because it makes you feel good and nobody else.

If you don't like black or other ethnic minorities.. then kill them all put them in death camps and next time..buy white slaves.
IF NOT STOP BLOODY Whining and using minorities to blame for the majorities
apparent weaknesses.

Yes White people are just Human that's all. Give up this crap of pretending your superior to other peoples in this world. then you can relax. because "minorities" dont buy the crap you sell anyway.

Quite frankly if your White , Male and middle class AND you still cant make it in America. then you must be a Loser.. which is why people like that join the ARYAN nations, Because they cannot succeed in a country designed , built and conceived for them to succeed in.

So if you want a reality Check..start talking.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lawmakers face crowds on health care

Specter said that in a long life in politics he hadn't seen anything like what he witnessed Tuesday and at a town hall last weekend that turned even uglier.
"There is more anger in America today than at any time I can remember," Specter said.

Lawmakers face crowds on health care | floridatoday.com | FLORIDA TODAY

D

deleted15807

"There is more anger in America today than at any time I can remember," Specter said.

Wait until employers end employer-sponsored health plans. They are going the way of company pensions and Kodak film. Then you will see real anger. But let let then vent, it's only the beginning.

.......employers are dropping their health plans; the percentage of people covered through an employer has dropped from 64 percent in 2000 to 59 percent in 2007, and that decline is likely to accelerate

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
C- ....why did CNN even bother! When their efforts were so meaningless! Too bad for Obama it was covered for hours. There are dozens of articles written on Obama's second 100 Days National Report Card. :rolleyes:

All internet polls are pretty damn meaningless, and most are pretty easy to manipulate. According to one popular internet poll prior to the election (the name of the website escapes me at the moment), the majority of online voters selected Ron Paul to be the next POTUS. He got ~16K votes, whereas Obama (in 2nd place) got roughly 4K votes. Then the myriad of other candidates (most of whom were prominent political figures that weren't even actual candidates) had <2000 votes apiece.

Now Trinity, by your reasoning, the majority of Americans believed RON MOTHERFUCKIN' PAUL should be elected the 44th POTUS. However, by real-world logic, this is obviously false. Why? ACTUAL polls with a SCIENTIFIC BASIS were conducted and found that Paul had (at most) 3-4% of the population behind him.

This shows that internet polls can be inaccurate in two VERY major ways:

1. They're non-scientific. Scientific polls get a sampling of data that roughly represents the US population. The selected people would be split ~50-50 by gender, ~13% black, the political party ratios would be similar to what they are in the US as a whole, etc. Internet polls have no control over that. Any person can vote, throwing off the reliability of such polls.
  2. You can (generally) vote as many times as you want. If you have programming skills, this becomes even easier, as you could just write a program to spam a poll with certain results. Want proof of this? Look no further than Stephen Colbert or moot (of 4chan). Stephen Colbert got a fucking huge group of people (including myself) to vote that both a bridge in Hungary and the new space station pod be named after him. I voted multiple times when I could, and I know plenty of people who did the same. moot is included on this list because, in an internet poll, he was voted the most influential person of 2008 on Time magazine's website. You can read all about the issues here.
Now back to your point of why CNN would conduct a poll if the results weren't representative of the general population. It's like a straw poll; just get general sense of what self-selected voters (in this case, mostly internet news junkies) think of the issue at hand.

I also have an issue with the fact that this got any coverage ("hours," as you claim, Trinity, but I have to take your word for it, as I get my news from Yahoo! and the BBC) on the news. Not because of the grade (I'd have given him a C+/B- overall in all likelihood), but because it was an unscientific internet poll. I don't feel that any polls of that sort should get any news coverage beyond a passing mention. See the issue with moot in the link above for the potential for fuck-ups in internet polls.

sunking99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What this fascination with polls on Obama shows is that Obama is diligent competent and is up to the job and some people dont like that fact.

It also indicates how fascist republicans really are they would love to see Obama failure simply so they can say "black" people are incompetent Therefore don't vote for a Blackman again.

Well guess what some Black people are incompetent.. , but does that suggest some white people never are incompetent...??

Obama made one mistake.. Once he was became president. He should of resigned as soon as possible. That would do far more good then anything he could do over the next few years.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

actually, this poll was based on his second hundred days not his first.

The same poll, from CNN done for his first 100 days, from "Self-selected people" gave Obama a B+

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
why, pray tell, are employers dropping pensions and health care plans?

competition with companies that don't? (i.e., employers in foreign countries)

which is to say globalism -- and, Obama is a big adherent

so, will the electorate connect the dots?

we shall see

Wait until employers end employer-sponsored health plans. They are going the way of company pensions and Kodak film. Then you will see real anger. But let let then vent, it's only the beginning.
.......employers are dropping their health plans; the percentage of people covered through an employer has dropped from 64 percent in 2000 to 59 percent in 2007, and that decline is likely to accelerate

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why, pray tell, are employers dropping pensions and health care plans?

competition with companies that don't? (i.e., employers in foreign countries)

which is to say globalism -- and, Obama is a big adherent

so, will the electorate connect the dots?

we shall see

employers drop them often due to cost... something the government agencies (many who are crying bankruptcy) can't seem to learn from.