CNW 400's Not A Rant Posting

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by cnw400, Nov 8, 2006.

1. cnw400

cnw400 New Member

From the response to my recent posts, I am understandably about as popular on this site as a stand up comedian at a funeral visitation. The message to me from a member earlier that I am not welcome here and should leave has given me the incentive to do just that. But, before I go, a few thoughts.

I have enjoyed this site - lots of useful information for a man my age, most of it offered in a non-threatening, non-condescending manner; unlike my tirades of yesterday:confused: . . .I have had a chance to discuss with several folks here (off site) other issues such as politics, books. music, photography (my other passion), and of course, sexuality. In this forum I have had some nagging questions answered (posted on threads as well as through instant message conversations), in an atmosphere that is helpful and very often humorous and fun as well. There are lots of good folks on this site, and a number of them, apparently no longer wishing to have anything to do with me, have shared their stories with me. I guess the fact that none of them communicate with me any longer is no big surprise, and I concede to the fact that by and large I am my own worst enemy.

I wish much of the information shared on this site would have been available to me several years ago when dealing with some of my own sexual (and otherwise) frustrations. It would have been good to have someone totally unbiased share their insights. Many are the questions I continue to have, but I think at this point I need not ask them as I don't really feel that anyone is going to take any time to provide any answers.

Other times I have just come here to read the posts or chat. . .again, some good people here. . .:rolleyes: and always a lot of humor. No, you aren't kids, (a title that I used in a post or two that several took exception to):mad:

Gotta go - someone's holding the Exit door for me over on the other side of the LPSG reception room and they're motioning for me to go - outside the crowd is refraining (in harmony). . . "Hit The Road Jack."

2. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

:confused:

:confused: I would hope that like you I express opinions cogently. Healthy debate is good in an open and caring society. However, that you have been intimidated is not acceptable. You should not leave.

In office, factory, barrack room, school playground, frat house etc. there will be bullies, and unfortunately we meet them here too. They believe they achieve some cudos otherwise missing in their lives if they can out shout then blithely ignore others. Which tells us more about their impoverished intelligence than it does about most of us. They are contemptible, and I hope we continue to challenge them. When one does they will ignore (and fatuously put you on their PM ignore list even though you wouldn't enterain any connection with them) or try to intimidate in other ways.

Yes, there is a place for humour and jest here. Don't cave in to the mob though or the site will be doomed.:rolleyes:

3. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Today's a new day, CNW400.
    Many, many folks have clashed on Tuesday and been fine on the boards on Wednesday.
    No need to go.

4. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    CNW,

You confuse me. I'll give you that.

But i confuse more than one of the regulars here, myself. I hold you in no ill reguard for causing me confusion.

If you don't want to be here, you are welcome to leave. If you DO want to be here you are welcome to stay. I would encourage you to pick your battles a bit more wisely in the future.

LPSG isn't just a bunch of boys bragging about their big schlongs. Sure, there's a fair amount of "mine is bigger than yours" antic, but there are also some of the most intelligent contomplations on religion, politics, marriage and life in general. If you've enjoyed the genuine assistance you've received here, please don't be so quick to incite malcontent.

Best of luck.

5. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:

6. fortiesfun

Gold Member

cnw400: Nice to see you in non-ranting mode. There is a lot to get here and I hope you continue to interact productively. Glad, also, to know that it has been helpful in some ways in the past. Hope you stay, and bring the kind of thoughtful consideration this post promises.

7. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    to quote thousands of drop-outs and stones:

"I Dont Give A Fuck!"

8. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I didn't notice your posts nor did I notice your coming and were it not for this post I would not have noticed your leaving. If you received PM's telling you to leave; ignore it. Make up your own mind to go or stay. Do you let one person at the office who dislikes your position influence your decisions on what to do as much as you have let a PM from somebody who you have never met influence you?

Draft saved Draft deleted