co-workers at gym?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The company I work for provides a gym membership to all the employees (nice little bennie) but several of the guys I work with won't go because they don't feel comfortable naked or in that environment with their boss or people they work with. It doesn't bother me and I know my "attributes" have been water cooler fodder, which also doesn't bother me. Just wondering how the other guys would/do feel about this if they were/are in this situation? :blink:

HornyVeteranSJ: I think it's a good idea to bond with co-workers and nudity brings down all barriers. Of course some guys dread the thought of their friends or co-workers seeing their cock. Some guys are just humble, others think theirs might not measure up with their co-workers/friends/family, and they are afraid what others might talk about. I remember how it was the first time I had to shower with other guys that I didn't even know. I was in the Air Force. Thinking back now, nobody ever talked about anybody's schlong, and we grew very close to each other. And there were guys with stubby cocks, average cocks, thin cocks, small cocks, and of course the guys with a little extra. Nudity breaks the ice. Everybody is vulnerable, exposed, etc. I think it's a healthy, important and essential part of male bonding.

Standard Deviant

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My hesitation is because I'm so not a "shower" and hate to be thought of as small. I've had a few such encounters in unexpected locker rooms with co workers and it bothers me that I hang soft so small and shriveled up but am in the 90+ percentile when erect. I might not care if I at least hung average sized. There have been a few times I was super relaxed and all alone in the showers at night, and my cock was distended, and guys cruised me or commented later who I knew outside of the gym. One very flamboyant openly gay art teacher at college who knew me through my wife, who was in his classes, commented to her that I appeared well endowed. Compared to the ten inch black model he had in his life drawing studio classes I was a twig!

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by HornyVeteranSJ@Jun 25 2004, 07:20 PM
I think it's a healthy, important and essential part of male bonding.
Exactly! But my attitude may be somewhat outside the norm since my father made casual nudity, the gym, home, pool, camping etc., such a normal part of my upbringing and my life. I have always been very comfortable in the "male" environment and think that is an element of our society which has been over feminized. Men so rarely are encouraged to be "men" anymore. Just my 2.5 cents worth. :)

doug2003

Experimental Member
Media
Kink,

I myself would have no problem going to the gym with other male coworkers. I have even mentioned the idea to a fellow worker recently. My attitude is what you see in the locker room should for the most part stay between men (not talking sex either) as far as endowment goes. I feel the lockerroom is a place where men should be comfortable being nude amongst each other.Some people question the length of time for nudity and when to be nude.Give me a break.The reason men and women have separate lockerrooms is because of NUDITY. To think your going into a lockerroom not expecting a bare ass to walk by is not reasonable.I know it doesn't matter what time I go in the lockerroom there is always at lease 2 or 3 guys naked at any given time.Whether it weighing themselves,changing, or heading to the showers. Some guys even walk to and from the shower naked without even a towel in front and no one pays any attention. We' re all guys and we all have a dick and a set of nuts big, small, hairy...whatever. It just a common sight the moment the door opens to the lockerroom. Which is why you don't typically see a women's and men's lockeroom right next to each other.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know, if someone is really uncomfortable with the whole locker room scene, there's no law that says they have to strip down past their undies. Changing from street clothes to gym shorts and a tshirt does not necessarily require full frontal nudity as an intermediate step.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Between you and me, my gym time is my own, and I like it that way. I try not to let other people know exactly where I am. However, you'd be amazed at how some of them try the free 2-3 day passes just to get a gander at the women's aerobics. Since I know them , I've been asked by the owners to politely either tone it down, or just revoke their passes when they start becoming salacious.

doug2003

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Mr._dB@Jun 27 2004, 02:04 AM
You know, if someone is really uncomfortable with the whole locker room scene, there's no law that says they have to strip down past their undies. Changing from street clothes to gym shorts and a tshirt does not necessarily require full frontal nudity as an intermediate step.
Whatever they do if your going to take a shower don't wear your underwear into shower. That is the best way to draw attention to yourself! A whileback I was in a communal shower with two middle age guys when two teenage guys walked in with their boxer briefs. I can't begin to tell you how rediculous it looked as I laughed to myself.Surprising after a couple of minutes the one took his off with the other guy taking his lead. They looked less out of place after that!

FieldRatt9

Expert Member
Media
I got a free weekend pass to a local gym here. I went and filled out a ton of paperwork anyway. I swam, played some racquette ball then showered and slipped into a relaxing hot spa. As I enjoyed the bubbles the husband of my area supervisor got in. We talked for a bit then he said he was going to hit the sauna. As we entered he took off his shorts so I did the same. I noticed him glance and look away real quick. So we talked some more and as we did my sack relaxed and touched the wood...OUCH! I stood up and readjusted my towel. Usually I'm not much of a shower but I was relaxed and thick. Again he was looking. Afterward we showered. It was a community set up. The hot water was much to be desired. As I stood under the cool spray I started feeling myself get thicker. I turned to not be too noticeable. I didn't get fully erect but it was erect enough. He acted like he didn't notice and really tried his hardest to look me in the face while I stood there almost fully hard. I apologized for my situation. He said not a problem...it happens. Anyway...three days later my area supervisor visited my complex and she was all smiles. She said that she hoped I could join her gym. I said it was too pricey. During her visit all she did was smile. I'm pretty sure he talked about me. We have a budget meeting next week. I wonder how many of the girls will be smiling? ;)

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by doug2003@Jun 26 2004, 07:28 PM
My attitude is what you see in the locker room should for the most part stay between men (not talking sex either) as far as endowment goes. I feel the lockerroom is a place where men should be comfortable being nude amongst each other.
There used to be an old motto...."what&#39;s said on the mountain, stays on the mountain"...men&#39;s locker rooms should be sacred. <_<

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think nudity in the lockeroom is the rule. At some point co-workers are going to figure out that you are large; a g/f once pointed out that she could figure out if a guy was packing by watching him bench press. huh? All these years I had been watching the bar and not the crotch. Since then I have been acutely aware of the bulge during bench presses.

The only guys that I notice are the ones going to and from the shower in shorts. I wonder for like a millisecond what have they got that the rest of us do not have. While I have no problem with full nudity, when taking a whiz, the waterworks shuts down if I even think someone is sneaking a peek. I guess that I am saying each of us has different modesty standards.

jay

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Hmmm, good responses guys.

For me, well, I dunno, it depends what my work environment was like. I&#39;m not an office person. I&#39;m an "working class old salt of the earth" at the age of 22. I prefer hands-on scientific blarb, so the situation would be really weird.

Saying that, altough I&#39;m generally uncomfortable with public nudity, I&#39;d go if the old professor does&#33;

Atlrabbit

1st Like
Media
I know that for a number of years I was always a little shy in the locker room getting undressed, showering, and then getting dressed again. There always seem to be some guys who are taking a glance and sometimes those glances turned into stares. As far as co-workers--I always thought it was a great time to bond outside of the office. I did get a little ticked when I heard one guy was telling everyone else in the office cock sizes. At that time I was embarassed to be the "big" one and didn&#39;t like some of the jokes I heard that were going around. Anyway, I have since gotten involved in being a nudist and very comfortable with myself naked and my body. However, I do have to remember some guys are still sensative in that area and I&#39;ll cover up when I realize I&#39;m been standing there a while naked as we were talking. As far as the ones taking a long glance--if I&#39;m in the mood I&#39;ll give them a little show as I dry off very slowly. I have to laugh over they&#39;re embarassment as their dicks start to harden--especially the str8 ones. I wish I could tell them it&#39;s natural for even a str8 man to get aroused over seeing a man naked--it doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re gay. I just wish they would lighten up a little.

gatzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Fascinating topic&#33; Just saw a book on this topic: BAD FOR US: THE LURE OF SELF-HARM. Whole chapter on why college guys hide beneath towels while changing in the locker room.

Funny, I used to think that the reason guys hid was because they were small. But I have seen a couple of quite big boys hiding. Hard to understand -- I guess they just don&#39;t want other men staring. They should be proud, though.

jerryg: personally i dont see any issue w pple in the workplace seeing ea other naked in the lockerroom. ill share my two cents:
im currently doing an internship at a law firm. everybody is real cool and im friends with all the guys. we all play tennis. when we were done, we all headed to the locker room. we all disrobed, the guy that didnt want to be seen just covered up with a towel, and this other guy and I, who didnt mind, just disrobed and went into the spa, sauna, etc, no biggie. in fact, i thought it was a good thing, the locker room experience is a good side of male bonding, ever since then we&#39;ve both been closer friends. i guess there&#39;s something about nudity that makes you vulnerable, thus u bond with the other people.
overall, i dont see a problem with it, if u dont want other pple to see you cover up, or if u do want to show-off your huge cock (guilty as charged) then walk around with the towel in your hand. lol ;)

bigstr8bulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can see both sides of the issue. Work is a professional environment and incredibly personal characteristics can inadvertently and imperceptibly alter a co-worker&#39;s perception of someone else. I think what it really comes down to, frankly, is hang out nude with co-workers if you truly don&#39;t care what others might think, or if you can expect to form a positive mental impression by showing what u got.

If you are small and are worried about it, choose another gym&#33; If you don&#39;t care, or hang heavy, then go for it. I personally think it&#39;s a great way for a hung dude like myself to establish some sort of Alpha male status at work. I love showin my stuff in the locker room and it&#39;s an added benefit with co-workers... B)

I think FieldRatt&#39;s experience shows this is true.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I&#39;m in my mid thirties,
and when i was growing up, the male world was still full
of nudity.
There were not as many partitions at urinals,
or curtains on communal showers,
or discreetly placed rows of lockers....

When I think of my college dorm in the mid-eighties
i cant remember a day i didnt see totally naked guys
up and down the hall on the way to and from the showers...

And swimming nude in all male gyms...very common.

But now,
something has changed, and
things are becoming much more modest.
Anyone else notice that?