co-workers at gym?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I just turned 50, so you can just imagine the changes in male attitude, behavior and comaraderie I have seen. My first experiences of nudity with grown men and other boys (outside my own home where my Dad was very relaxed and natural) was at the YMCA when it was just a men's club and everyone swam nude. Even years later most gym's were very segregated, with separate men's and women's work out areas and the men's locker room had giant open shower rooms, free standing urinals etc., and the men didn't act like being naked in front of each other was shameful. In college, in the men's dorm you never went down the hall without seeing naked guys. When DID men become ashamed of our penis' and of being male? I have had the thought that as fewer and fewer men go through the military and universities become soooo P.C. that guys do not experience the intense male bonding and fraternity that occured in prior generations. Iron John had a lot right and all of our male "rights of passage" are no longer embraced nor encouraged.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and the men didn't act like being naked in front of each other was shameful

Loved your post kinkguy.

Someone on the board who knows more about history
or sociology or something
might shed some light.

Why is it that in the first 80 years of the twentieth
century, when society was more prudish in many ways,
male nudity (around other males) was
very normal.

It would seem that after the sexual revolution,
and lifting of movie production codes, and the internet,
etc, etc, we would be a much LESS modest society, but
it doesnt seem so, as far
as male nudity goes.
Does heightened awareness of sexual harrassment
come into it somehow?
Or political correctness?

From conversations with my pals in their twenties,
i can report that they are appalled
that there would have been nude swimming...
or non-curtained showers in a gym.
They are all very modest.

interesting.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
At least in the 50's and 60's (so I have read) exclusive country clubs used to maintain large lounge areas as part of the men's locker room. Men would come off the golf course, shower, sit around game tables in their towels or nude, playing cards, smoking cigars and ordering a drink or two from the male staff. Lots of wood, leather, atmosphere and male fraternity. Hell, for all I know that may still exist for the very wealthy.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
KinkGuy:

At the local family oriented YMCA, a couple of couches are in one corner of the dressing room for guys to lounge on and even talk on the wire telephone. There are those who sit naked. So far, no talbles for card playing, though!

Luke ^_^

BRMSTN69: actually you need to thank Dressedtothe9s he posted the link in another thread, but I'm more than happy to pass it on. Heres the home page , theres lots of interesting stuff herevisual senations

jpunta

Just Browsing
Media
I'm surprised that more people don't do the lunchtime workout. I started doing it at my first job a couple of years ago at a gym attached to my office building. Yeah, you see people who work in your office around, but who cares. You can tell that the people who hit them gym together probably have better working relationships. I now work in a small office but still work out at lunch. Even at this place co-workers come in and leave at the same time everyday without any hangups.

charlie_1962

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my first professional jobs after college was at an employer where they encouraged participation in golf leagues, etc. One league that I participated in was racketball.

I was surprised that my office mates (male and female) would compare notes on who was sporting what. I was surprised that the women volunteered as much as they did. My male friend had a thing for "real blondes" and one particular woman had no problem letting him know. I was married, so I could have cared less however the imagry was erotic.

Interesting fact was that when the guy snickered about someone being small it was not treated as negatively by the women as I would have thought.

People are curious and very few will talk. Don't let it rob you of a good workout and a good time.

Drago

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The company I work for provides a gym membership to all the employees (nice little bennie) but several of the guys I work with won't go because they don't feel comfortable naked or in that environment with their boss or people they work with. It doesn't bother me and I know my "attributes" have been water cooler fodder, which also doesn't bother me. Just wondering how the other guys would/do feel about this if they were/are in this situation? :blink:

I'd have no problem with it. I'd prefer co-ed changeroom & showers though cause then maybe i'd get some more action/attention from the hot chicks and MILFs at my work.:biggrin1:

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I recall posting a reply a while back ago to a thread entitled something like “The Boss’s Bulge” where I made mention that, before I was “the boss,” a co-worker saw me in the locker room at the gym while we were on a business trip together and apparently blabbed to other staff members, some of whom are still around and now report to me. More recently, during yet another business trip, an organizational peer of mine – a manager of one of our offices in another city – also saw me naked in the locker room at a gym near the hotel where we were both staying. To my surprise, he did share with me a wittily stated observation to the effect that I looked like a Greek statue, other than that I had a whole lot more going on between my legs. I was flattered, of course. I do believe he is straight, so I didn’t get the sense that he was coming on to me. He just has a funny, outspoken personality.

In regard to these work-related incidents, I would be lying if denied that, on one hand, my male ego rather likes the recognition. On the other hand, though, I do think it is generally a good idea, when at work, for both men and women, to leave one’s sex appeal in the parking lot.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Had to relate a funny story about this...

One of my sons worked in the mail room briefly (boring story) of a large comipany (big money, etc...). Next to the mail room was the company gym/ 'fitness center'. He and his coworkers got in the habit of using the gyms restrooms (a coworker was infamous in his ability to um...'stink up' the small restroom.

So, one day my son went to use the restroom and walked thru the mens locker room.... Only to see the VP of HR (a very up tight/convervative/religious man) changing clothes... in red satin bikini briefs.... (he swore they looked like womens underwear).

he later shared this with a friend in HR. She said she was in an important meeting with him and suddenly 'red satin panties' flashed thru her mind- she had to leave the meeting she starting giggling so hard...

Moral of the story- maybe you might see more than you want to see in the locker room....hmmm?

brieflover69

Experimental Member
Media
I had a boss who was really well hung (about 6.5 flaccid) and seemed to be a total exhibitionist. We had a company gym, and frequently, he would schedule a workout after work with just one other guy. You kind of felt obligated to wrk out with him, or play squash or whatever, since he was the boss. Yet his routine was always the same. When we'd get to the lockerroom, he would take off everything immediatly. First his shoes, pants and shirt. When he was in brief and socks, he would strip off his briefs, and let his big cock hang out when he took off the socks. Then he would walk naked to the urinal, piss, come back, and only then proceed to open the locker to put his things away and find his gym clothes. First he'd put on socks, then a jock, and then the rest. He'd make sure he was talking to you the whole time too, so that you couldn't get away.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media

Where I used to work there was a swimming pool practically on the premises and I used to swim most lunch hours. We had our own small changing room, which meant being in close quarters with anyone sharing it. I would make a point of inviting others to swim with me and usually managed to persuade most people to come at least once so I eventually knew what practically everyone I worked with look like with no clothes. Visitors were also persuaded (always spare material) and we generally more willing to swim than the permanent staff. I noticed that Northern Europeans were the most relaxed at being naked, and North Africans the least - they would not only keep very much covered up but also avoid looking at anyone naked.

Unfortunately where I work now there are no such facilities, but when I return to my old place of work and meet the colleagues, I usually have a very clear idea of what they are like without their clothes.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This thread has been great to read.

I'm in a newish job, and there is a gym upstairs from my work place. I joined it as the University gym I went to for years suddenly limited it's membership to students, alumna and staff. It's been great to have it so convenient. But, this workplace has the worst co-worker relations I've ever experienced. Constant backstabbing and bad mouthing, totally unprofessional, although it is getting better with a new manger who is "weeding out". I didn't really think about this issue until a new employee joined the gym. Suddenly I was cautious about my timing in the gym. He is actually one of the people I enjoy to work with there, but what a big mouth he has. And his usual way of comaraderie is "insult contests" which are fun, but not exactly trust building. I do not fear being nude around him, but more for my disinterest in being an Adonis and made fun of by him for that and talking amongst co-workers about it. There is not one person there that I care to see nude or want to be seen by nude. Nor do I want my body to become office gossip. I'll just live with it if it happens, but I can't see anything positive coming out of my body parts being discussed by these awful careerist assholes. Men and women alike.

Onan