Cock Rings.

tickle_pickle: I was looking around the house for some papers, and came across this metal ring that I typically use when I am doing various things with ropes. I realized it fit perfectly around my penis, so for the past two weeks I have been putting it on and masturbating.... But what is so great about this ring is, since I started using it... My girth has gained an inch!  Maybe I was always wrong about measuring it before, but now, I feel as though my penis has gotten wider, it sure looks wider, and more veiny to me.  I think it looks muscular, the only downside is, now my penis looks smaller than it's 7.25 that it normally is... it looks more like six.....

I have two questions:

What is the average Girth?

and

Has anybody else ever used a cock ring?

(edit: Spelling)

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Tickle:

Average girth is (statistically) put at about 4.5" or so.

Regarding "cock rings" I have used them (associated with penis enlargement methods when used a few hours after exercises to retain that engorged quality from all the "workout".)

FYI---"cock rings" are available as metal rings and (those of various sizes) made of flesh-color rubber and require yet still another device to apply and remove the fool things.) --I have used both kinds of them.

What I want to urge here for you (and ANY interested reader) is to use extreme CAUTION with ANY
"cock ring". They're not toys.

Similar devices ("erection retention clips or rings") which are used by men with difficulty maintaining erections, are a seperate product basically and (generally) much safer. They are somewhat less constrictive of blood flow to the penis)

In choosing a cock ring, go for a size that is NOT too constrictive (and, it's easy to misjudge "how tight" one should be---I know from a terrible "scare" which could have resulted in an amputation I do believe.) It taught me a VERY valuable lesson.  And amputations (of the penis!) have been known to occur when using cock rings improperly.  :eek:

Also, don't wear a cock ring too long at a time. Remove it after no longer than thirty minutes at a time, rest a few minutes, then resume use....even if you "feel" okay and don't think you require removing it. Of course, remove a ring ANYTIME you would experience numbness or extreme discoloration.  (btw--that was MY lesson!)

Back when I first started enlargement, I had an appointment with a urologist (regarding one of my "other mishaps" with PE!) and the MD mentioned he had just had a man in his office earlier with a metal cock ring which had to be cut off the man's penis.   --'Bet that was embarrassing!  :-[

For "safer" devices to aid in retaining engorgement (from PE), you may want to try a leather penis strap instead.  More comfortable, can wear it longer, and is probably just as effective.  This strap usually is worn around both the scrotum sac AND the base of the penis for extended periods of time to "hold in" the collected fluids from PE which over a long period of time promote PERMANENT enlargement.

The increased girth you noted from your brief (?) use of the cock ring you've tried is probably (at this stage) only temporary at best. Sorry, but that is my suspicion.

PE requires a VERY long time to achieve PERMANENT results. Keep at it though.  You WILL get there.    :)

throb919: There are also cockstraps, which are the same thing as cockrings but they snap (or velcro or buckle) on--and therefore can be more easily removed after-the-fact. They're usually made of leather, come in a variety of widths and configurations (some have ball-stretchers, dividers, and other "value-added" accoutrements). They also come in vinyl, rubber, you-name-it. Rubber tends to really pull, so be careful. Cockrings can be made of metal, rubber, or stretchy materials (as Bender described). Any and all of these devices can be bought at adult bookstores, some of those (wink-wink) erotic lingerie stores, or on-line. With any of these devices, a good way to know that you need to take it off right now is if your penis becomes cold to the touch. And straps are easier to take off right now than rings, because you're engorged and it's not going to slide back through that ring as easily as it slid in. And then you get panicky...and might end up really hurting yourself. (Been there...) Go for something that has an easy out--at least til you're sure about what size ring(s) you need and have a comfort level (and the dexterity) to remove 'em. Have fun and "play safe!"

A public service message brought to you by "Toys R Us"...

Tony

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
during the past year, g/f's have brought back several cock straps (i thought they were called rings)...just to show they were thinking of me while on business...huh? the first time or two i found it hard to get everything properly positioned. i found that unless you shave, they are likely to pull pubic hair of one or both.

what to do with them? they certainly did not improve sex. they must be for looks only...huh? so who would want to go around half-hard to really hard...yeah, i still have a hangup from my teen years when life was a constant prayer that mr. johnson would not start pointing. okay, okay, i still have the problem.

so now i know...thanks guyz.

jay

throb919: [quote author=jay_too link=board=youth;num=1057777533;start=0#3 date=07/10/03 at 07:58:15] they must be for looks only...huh? so who would want to go around half-hard to really hard...?[/quote]
If guys wear 'em (and some do) as part of everyday dress under clothes (or when going out "hunting/gathering") --yeah, I guess they go around half-hard. But for during-sex play--no, not just for looks. They're supposed to increase the size and strength of your erection by trapping in blood--making your blood-hard throbbing member more rigid, more blood-hard, more throbbing. (Jay, they're often all called cockrings, really. 'Was just trying to distinguish between the closed rings that you can't get out of and the straps that you can. That's how catalogs differentiate.) Have a look at www.priape.com if you want to see a lot of the "accoutrements" I mentioned. A great store in Montréal (and Toronto too, I think)...and with the CAN$ exchange rate...! (Maybe I'll get a discount on my next order for the referral. Almost said "plug" but that's a whole 'nother thing! ;-))

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cock rings can be for just looks, or to improve sex. They do not always make you walk around half-hard, as was suggested.

They come in various styles, and different fits. According to the style and fit, the can just be a sort of jewelry, can enahnce the package, or can enhance and help maintain an erection during sex. There are even medical cock rings, designed for people with erectile problems, who cannot otherwise sustain an erection.

The basic types are:

1) Straps, usually with adjustment snaps or sometimes adjuasment buckles. These are often made of leather, although I have rubber ones, too. Some of these are so-called "chubbies," which have thick padding inside. They come in various widths.

2) Neoprene rings. These are stretchy rings made of a strip of garment-grade neoprene, which have been wrapped and glued into a ring shape. They are different from O-rings (below). They come in various inside diameters and thicknesses. While not very pretty looking, these are some of my favorites. They are easy to put on, quite comfortable, and enhance the package.

3) "Jellies" or "Gummy Rings" These are very stretchy molded rings made out of silicone rubber or similar elastic material. They can be worn as a cock ring around the cock and balls, but I ususally just put them on my shaft. Worn in this way, they are tight enough to cause the penis to plump up a bit, but not get hard.

4) Rubber 0-rings. These are rubber rings with much less stretch than the ones described above, although some are more elastic than others. They can be worn around the cock and balls, or just the shaft. The range in thickness from under 1/8 to about 1/4 inch, and come in a great variety of diameters. Because they are thin, they do little to "lift" your package, but if they are snug, they may plump you a bit. If very tight, they can cause or enahance erection or girth, although the effect varies between individuals. For the inexperienced, rubber O-rings are to be recommended over metal ones, because tre rubber ring is cheap and easy to cut off if you are having trouble getting out of it.

5) Thin metal rings. These are similar to the rubber tings, except are made of metal. As such, they do not stretch at all. This makes them harder to put on if they are put over the cock and balls. When used as a shaft ring, the lack of stretch makes them more effective than rubber. But, if you put on one which is too small, or swell up too big, they can be hard to get off, and are not easilly cut. Beware that some companies sell very badly made versions of these rings. Good quality rings, made as cockrings, have an absolutely smooth surface, with no sharp burrs or seam to snag you. Some vendors sell hardware-store type rings, which often have burrs on the inside, or a sharp edge at the seam. These can be uncomfortable at best, and wound you at worst.

6) Thick metal rings. These are thicker than the rings above, and are generally worn as cock rings over the cock and balls, not as shaft rings. The come in various diameters, thicknesses, and widths. While the thin rings are basically a round wire bent into a loop, the cross section of the thick rings is often oval or eliptical, allowing them to be wider than thick. The thinnest ones are perhaps 1/16 thick by 3/16 wide, while the heavyweight ones can be 3/8 thick by almost an inch wide. Some of these can be quite heavy-- I have ones weighting several pounds. They are often made of chrome-plated brass, but sometimes the plating flakes off of these, so I suggest surgical stainless steel. If you don't like the weight (I do), there are lightweight ones of aluminum or titanium. I also have some that are metal core, but coated with rubber (I don't think you can buy these, as I made them myself). These come in many sizes (inside diameter) so the fit can vary greatly, according to what you are looking for. The widest ones will lift you package even if so loose as to cause no plumping. Sometimes I like to wear a very heavy one, not tight, just to feel the weight of it pull on me as I go about my daily activities. A loose ring of this type is often worn more for ornamentation than any erection-enhancement function. However, many people can't keep such a heavy ring on- It just works it way off under its own weight. Again, be very carefull of getting stuck in one that is too tight! While a thin metal ring can be removed with bolt cutters in an absolute emergency, some heavy rings defy such removal. These can be quite expensive, with good, heavy ones costing up to $40 or more.

7) Medical Rings. These are used, sometimes in combination with pumps, to combat erectile disfunction. They are generally a very tight elastic rubber ring, with tabs at the sides that allow it to be stretched out to get it in place over the penis shaft. These can be very tight and painful, look dorky, and I do not suggest them if you don't really need them.

8 ) Three-way rings (ball splitters). These are made of either three metal rings welded together, or of several connected leather/rubber straps. In addition to acting as a cock ring, they also seperate your balls. I've never been able to get one of the metal ones on, and don't like the feel of the strap type, but some people love them. An English Cock Cage is a related device, with a metal cock ring and leather ball strap combined.

9) Ball Stretchers. While not really cock rings, there are some some rings and straps that can be used as either a cock ring or a ball stretcher. A ball stretecher is a wide strap or metal ring, which fits around the upper part of the scrotum, between the penis and balls.

10) Special Purpose Rings. There are various special pupose rings, such as the cock rings attached to leather harnesses, rings that secure cock restraining devices, etc.

When putting on any ring, lubricate it first. This will not only make it easier to put on, but will eliminate much of the pulling and also snagging of hair. You can use sex lube, but I prefer ordinary skin creams or lotions. Never keep a tight ring on too long, and never fall asleep in a tight ring!

Cock rings can be obtained in a variety of places. In my expericnce sex stores that cater to S/M or gay customers generally have the best selections. Some good vendors, with which I have experience with either their retail or online stores, are listed below. Look under Cock and Ball toys on their sites. Some place leather and metal in different listings.

http://www.mr-s-leather-fetters.com/

http://www.665leather.com/

http://www.leathermasters.com/

http://www.stockroom.com/

http://www.theleatherman.com (Alas, the website shows only a tiny faction of what is in the NYC retail store.)