Cock Rings

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, my cock ring experience is all solo (bought my first one only months ago, mostly for fun), but I can say that I haven't experienced any wonderful results (not sure what I was hoping for anyway other than having a new toy).

Not sure if it made things any larger or harder, but the veins definitely pop out. I do find that I get desensitized pretty quickly while wearing it.

Sizing has been difficult, and finding a comfortable option is a big concern there. Maybe I'm a big baby, but I don't enjoy pain. :wink:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have used adjustable rubber ones (shaped like a noose) and leather ones with snaps. As I am a last minute grower, the cock ring allows me to reach my pre-orgasmic size (about 8.5x7) and stay there for an long time.

As Steve319 said, veins pop out and I kinda like the look if my cock when they do.

I have seen guys use metal rings and have watching in amazement as they threaded one ball, the other, and then their cock through the ring. I am afraid of things getting stuck that way.

Some recent threads on cock rings:

CockRings and Condoms

Sex Toys, Masturbation and Cock Rings

Questions about cockrings

razlovescock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would advise on not using a metal cockring, eh....anything you use should be removable whenever you want it to be removed. Also, they're not great long-term as they can result in damage. I have seen guys who have fat cocks with protruding veins due to cockrings (hot) who can't get hard because they've fucked themselves up (NOT hot).

So in closing....I love cockrings on other guys when used properly...can't be arsed to do it myself as I'm not big on maintenance...

hermosa_dude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love a good cock ring. Actually I just asked my urologist about them and he said they are fine as long as used properly.

The most important thing is to understand how they work. They are not there to choke out all circulation in your cock. The artieries that inflate the cock (in flowing blood) run through the center of the shaft. The veins that drain the blood run along the top of the shaft back into the body. The ring is placed around the cock and balls to allow enough pressure on the top of the shaft to restrict but not prohibit blood from flowing out of the shaft and thus allowing you to remain very hard. You are not cutting off all blood flow but just enough so that there is slightly less blood flowing out than there is flowing in. You do not have to have a really tight cock ring.

According to my doctor, rubber ones are the best as they will expand as you get hard and not "choke" youor cock. Also, you should not keep a cock ring on for more than an hour (and genereally, you should not maintain a hardon longer than an hour). After an hour, you should remove the ring and let your cock rest for one hour before putting back on.

It is true that if you abuse a cock ring, scar tissue biulds up in the shaft and you will screw up your hard ons over time.

Hermosa_dude

P.S. It took a while to adjust to a cockring and now I love them and wouldn't think about sex without one unless I had to.... always carry one in my pocket !!!

Attachments

PatrickinNY

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Damn Hermosa_Dude...if the look of your cock is any indication of the benefits of wearing a ring...I'm all for it!! I think cock rings are sexy...if worn for the approporiate length of time....hot on a hot man...and they push all of the "goods" front and center!

EuroboyUS

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have tried both a rubber one (non-adjustable) and a metal one...I have found them both to be painful and more trouble than they're worth. I put them on then they start to hurt when I get hard and I can't get them off...no thanks. I may try an adjustable one like the one Lex uses because I really want to see what all the fuss is about, but I can't say that I am very keen even to do that. I think it a personal preference and I just don't think they're for me.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
meatwagon09 said:
Can you still wear a cockring when you are soft? Or does that cause problems.

This is going to depend on how you define "wearing it." and what the ring is made out of.

My cock ring is adjustable and rubber. I can wear it and NOT have it constricting bloodflow--it's just ON. Think: like a watch. again--I only wear mine sometimes when I play (by myself or with others and I never have it on for more than 45 minutes or so at a time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cock-ring

http://www.sinsinslovestore.com/guides_cockRings.cfm

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
meatwagon09 said:
Can you still wear a cockring when you are soft? Or does that cause problems.
Rule of thumb: If it's at all painful, cease and desist!

Provided it's sized properly you can safely wear one like jewelry; something I happen find quite erotic. I prefer stainless steel rings myself and I have one that I can wear comfortably for hours on end while flaccid, plus it provides just enough pressure when I 'ramp up' for fun. I enjoy the added 'heft' and it can enhance one's bulge nicely, too. :biggrin1:

BarebackJack

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've tried a bunch of different cockrings over the years. Here are my pointers:

Metal ones look macho but can be difficult to get on and (especially) off at times (a lot of lube helps in those instances). Most quality ones are available in stainless steel or chrome-plated steel. Metal rings can be found at the hardware store, but they are not stainless and may only be nickel plated. Occasionally you will find them in brass. They can be cleaned easily, but steel rings should not be left on a wet surface for very long as they can rust.

Rubber O rings have more flexibility but still can produce the same troubles. (another hot look is alternating rubber/steel/rubber cockrings). Easy to clean, and no rusting.

Leather rings usually come with snaps or occasionally a buckle, like a belt, or velcro. They are adjustable and can make finding the best fit much easier. Clean up is easy, but after too many exposures to soap and water the leather can dry out. Keep it oiled (or fuck/jerk off using vaseline)

Cloth cock rings use a velcro closure and are a bit more supple than leather. Clean up isn't as easy as with steel or rubber. Not very common.

Neoprene donuts have gained popularity for their smooth but soft texture, easy clean-up, and stretchability. Usually the neoprene rings are thicker as thinner neoprene is likely to tear. Good choice for men with big cocks.

Plastic rings are thicker than rubber and come in several colors. They are rigid and offer the same benefits and drawbacks of metal rings.

Jelly cockrings are little cockrings that could fit snugly on a finger, but stretch out to considerable dimensions. They can conform to your cock and its hardness so they will not slip (good for you men with low hangers). Because they return to their smallest size, they are NOT good to wear when you are flaccid. They clean easily and they are inexpensive. Many come with little tickler tabs protruding from them, which makes them interesting when worn on the shaft as well (worn on the shaft doesn't work so well for anal).

Chain cockrings (like the one I am wearing in my gallery pics) offer the look of metal with a contour-fitting flexibility that puts the rest to shame. Most cocks aren't cylindrically round. Chain cockrings will follow your particular shape. I have 2 kinds. One uses large-ish round-edged links and is pretty comfortable. The other has smaller, more square-edged links and can actually cut the skin during vigorous fucking. So it is better to wear for looks rather than performance.

Rubber bands, string, soft rope, etc. work as makeshift cockrings. Be careful to not tie off your dick too tightly, and have a pair of scissors nearby if getting out of it proves too difficult.

Most cockrings except the jelly ones can be worn under your clothes, while flaccid. On guys with long softies and low hangers, the rings can slip down and trap the head and the balls together (see gallery pics). Can be a problem if you have to pee really bad, especially if you start getting hard like that. Otherwise, they don't cause circulation problems to un-erect penises.

I recommend any cockring that is adjustable over one that is not, especially to the uninitiated. Get used to wearing basic rings before investing in the big ol' studly-looking chrome cock bands. Cockrings can also be attached to leather harnesses, and other erotic wear like leather undies have places to connect rings. Leathermen will sometimes wear their steel cockrings attached to the epaulets of their leather jackets as a means to advertise what they are packing.

As VeeP said, if a cockring becomes painful, remove it immediately. If it is painful all of the time you are hard, you probably need the next size up. Use cockrings to enhance the appearance of your cock; think of it as sex jewelry ~ something that shows your jewels off and attracts interest. Avoid using cockrings to alter the structure or size of your cock. That's how trouble begins.

BB Jack

Reactions: uhp1957

D_Sir Dancealot

1st Like
Media
BarebackJack said:
I've tried a bunch of different cockrings over the years. Here are my pointers:

Metal ones look macho but can be difficult to get on and (especially) off at times (a lot of lube helps in those instances). Most quality ones are available in stainless steel or chrome-plated steel. Metal rings can be found at the hardware store, but they are not stainless and may only be nickel plated. Occasionally you will find them in brass. They can be cleaned easily, but steel rings should not be left on a wet surface for very long as they can rust.

Rubber O rings have more flexibility but still can produce the same troubles. (another hot look is alternating rubber/steel/rubber cockrings). Easy to clean, and no rusting.

Leather rings usually come with snaps or occasionally a buckle, like a belt, or velcro. They are adjustable and can make finding the best fit much easier. Clean up is easy, but after too many exposures to soap and water the leather can dry out. Keep it oiled (or fuck/jerk off using vaseline)

Cloth cock rings use a velcro closure and are a bit more supple than leather. Clean up isn't as easy as with steel or rubber. Not very common.

Neoprene donuts have gained popularity for their smooth but soft texture, easy clean-up, and stretchability. Usually the neoprene rings are thicker as thinner neoprene is likely to tear. Good choice for men with big cocks.

Plastic rings are thicker than rubber and come in several colors. They are rigid and offer the same benefits and drawbacks of metal rings.

Jelly cockrings are little cockrings that could fit snugly on a finger, but stretch out to considerable dimensions. They can conform to your cock and its hardness so they will not slip (good for you men with low hangers). Because they return to their smallest size, they are NOT good to wear when you are flaccid. They clean easily and they are inexpensive. Many come with little tickler tabs protruding from them, which makes them interesting when worn on the shaft as well (worn on the shaft doesn't work so well for anal).

Chain cockrings (like the one I am wearing in my gallery pics) offer the look of metal with a contour-fitting flexibility that puts the rest to shame. Most cocks aren't cylindrically round. Chain cockrings will follow your particular shape. I have 2 kinds. One uses large-ish round-edged links and is pretty comfortable. The other has smaller, more square-edged links and can actually cut the skin during vigorous fucking. So it is better to wear for looks rather than performance.

Rubber bands, string, soft rope, etc. work as makeshift cockrings. Be careful to not tie off your dick too tightly, and have a pair of scissors nearby if getting out of it proves too difficult.

Most cockrings except the jelly ones can be worn under your clothes, while flaccid. On guys with long softies and low hangers, the rings can slip down and trap the head and the balls together (see gallery pics). Can be a problem if you have to pee really bad, especially if you start getting hard like that. Otherwise, they don't cause circulation problems to un-erect penises.

I recommend any cockring that is adjustable over one that is not, especially to the uninitiated. Get used to wearing basic rings before investing in the big ol' studly-looking chrome cock bands. Cockrings can also be attached to leather harnesses, and other erotic wear like leather undies have places to connect rings. Leathermen will sometimes wear their steel cockrings attached to the epaulets of their leather jackets as a means to advertise what they are packing.

As VeeP said, if a cockring becomes painful, remove it immediately. If it is painful all of the time you are hard, you probably need the next size up. Use cockrings to enhance the appearance of your cock; think of it as sex jewelry ~ something that shows your jewels off and attracts interest. Avoid using cockrings to alter the structure or size of your cock. That's how trouble begins.

BB Jack

I will check this stuff out at the weekend!

EuroboyUS

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex, I took your advice and got an adjustable ring...I wore it for about 2 hours today both soft and hard...I am a total convert. I love what it did for my bulge and my cock hasn't gotten so hard in a long time.

THANKS!!!

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've got many different cock rings, but my faves are ones that are not actually meant to be cock rings. I think the best $10 I ever spent was on Nike head and wristbands. They're great for tennis, but the soft stretchy terry cloth feels fantastic wrapped around a cock and balls. You can easily control how tight you want it on by twisting the headband 2 or 3 times, and they easily pull off if you ever get too worked up. If they get splashed on, just toss them in the wash.

Trust me, 'Just do it' :smile:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
EuroboyUS said:
Lex, I took your advice and got an adjustable ring...I wore it for about 2 hours today both soft and hard...I am a total convert. I love what it did for my bulge and my cock hasn't gotten so hard in a long time.

THANKS!!!

Hey-glad the adjustable one worked for you. Enjoy!

(oh yeah, and take pics!!) :biggrin1: