Cockrings

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by SR_Benjamin Spanklin, Nov 28, 2011.

1. SR_Benjamin Spanklin

About to go shopping for one.

Any advice, stories, or things I should watch out for?

Thanks!

2. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I will be interested in what's said. I had a discussion about them a while back about what ones are good and how you use them.

3. bonerrific

bonerrific Member

I got one that is essentially a rubber tube with a bolo on the end. I like that it is adjustible, you can choke the crap out of your cock and get it veiny as hell, or just increase your hardness a bit with it on loose.

4. Omegaman

Omegaman Member

Albums:
    You have to decide which one you would like, rubber or chrome. I don't like the rubber one but guess its adjustable. I wear a wide chrome two inches diam. If you are HARD it will not come off unless you are soft again. Home depot has metal rings where you can measure your size 2" 3" or more. :biggrin1:

5. D_Wang_Chum

D_Wang_Chum Account Disabled

Ironic, was just browsing a few. Anyone know of any good shaft and ball cock rings?

6. NotSoDumb_Blonde

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Okay I did a search on cock rings and this post came up. I realize your question was on cock rings and suggestions, but do you mind if I add my own questions? I was hoping to read more about cock rings, what real guys thought of them -- i.e. why they use them, and so on. Specifically, I'm wondering if they work to both stimulate the gal, or other man, and the person wearing the ring? And, if anyone would offer some advice on how exactly to suggest someone try one....I was thinking honest....'hey let's try some toys. I've always wondered what a cock ring would feel like....' :)

If this isn't the thread to hop on, can you re-direct me to one where I could ask these question/find the answers?

thanks,
    bj

7. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would think the adjustable rubber one would make more sense, not sure why. I guess because of the flexability.
    Good question billijean, can the woman get pleasure from it also? I don't have the answer.

8. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

I wear the Imperial from gearessentials.com 24/7, except when cycling. You can see it in my gallery.

9. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'll repeat some advice I've offered on similar threads in the past. First off, an adjustable cock ring is a good place to start as you can experiment with how tight a fit you want etc. For a solid ring I always recommend that a guy get an assortment of inexpensive rubber O-rings in the thickest available cross sectional diameter (typically 3/16") from a tractor supply store or industrial supplier. They're dirt cheap, about 20¢ apiece, and work as well as the similar $5 product you'll find at a sex shop. That way you can experiment with getting in and out of a solid ring and know exactly what size you'll want if you go with something fancier and more expensive.

A lot of guys (myself included) find the rubber products to get a little uncomfortable when worn for an extended period of time. That, because the cohesive nature of rubber grabs at the skin and can cause chaffing. And some people can have skin reactions to long term contact with rubber. But a relatively cheap alternative to rubber is to buy Teflon™ O-rings which, of course, are very smooth and slippery so don't cause any chaffing. The Teflon™ O-rings cost a couple dollars apiece, but once you know exactly what size you're looking for (from experimenting with the cheap rubber version) you only have to order a few of them. They can be a little harder to find but you can track them down on the 'net, I got mine from Rocket Seal in Denver (Rocket Seals). I like to gang two or three of them together so's to get the wider effect like some of the high dollar cock rings.

With both types of O-rings, if you ever get into one that is so tight that you can't get it back off, you can safely snip them off with a pair of nippers. The smallest solid cock ring I can get into is one with a 2" i.d. So when I decided to get a heavy stainless steel cock ring I ordered one in a 2-1/8" i.d. just to make damn sure I'd never be stuck in it. Anything you can get into you should be able to get out of, but I figured I didn't want to take any chances with something that solid. And it's tight enough to serve the function.

Cock rings work principally by partially restricting the return flow of blood out of the penis. That makes for a stronger, harder, longer lasting erection. Also by maintaining pressure on the perineum directly behind the scrotum they do add some sexual stimulation to the wearer of the ring, though that no doubt varies from guy to guy. Since the cock ring itself never gets anywhere near the lady's genitals it doesn't directly stimulate her. But a tight fitting ring will definitely increase the penis' girth which can certainly increase the vaginal stimulation. I don't know about glans rings and/or shaft rings (never have used them) but they might well add to vaginal/clitoral stimulation as well.

Attached Files:

10. NotSoDumb_Blonde

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks for info. Sounds ...interesting and fun. :) I think it might even be more fun for him, than me....although I see some bonuses!

11. zero_ga

zero_ga Member

Albums:
    I prefer the metal ones there is also one that has a tounge sorta on it you can wear 4 diferent ways as far as she is concerned. Again i like thicker metal ones and they look cool to in the bedroom thats part of it too.

12. D_PhilMi_DrillMee

D_PhilMi_DrillMee New Member

THIS IS MY FAVORITE COCK RING THIS THING IS GREAT EVERY TIME I PLOW IN THE END HITS MY PROSTATE AND BOY DOES IT FEEL GOOD !!!

Prostate Plug with Cock Ring and Vibrating Stimulator - anal toys

13. D_PhilMi_DrillMee

D_PhilMi_DrillMee New Member

14. SlackR22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks for the home depot heads up.

15. FieldRatt9

FieldRatt9 Member

Albums:
    I did the Home Depot ring. I first got the 2 1/4. Nice fit but not snug. Went back and got a 2 inch. Managed to get it on BUT....worked so good I couldn't get it off! Finally after almost 1 1/2 hours slipped it off but my sack was sore for a few days. I only slip it to the base and not around my sac....be careful. Olive oil did the trick for me.

16. zpacifico

zpacifico New Member

cock-rings are fun ;þ

17. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

The ONLY cock ring that is great is the Hardwear. It does what they say it does and does it well. There are threads on the Hardwear and I would suggest doing some searching on this subject before you plunk down your money. The Hardwear is more expensive but worth it.

18. D_Johnson Withernads

Well I've never paid more than £7 for cock rings, and that was for a set of 3 metal ones. Considering how cheap they are compared to most sex toys, especially if you use o rings, then just buy some and work out what you like.

I have an adjustable one, but I don't like it much as it doesn't really keep the pressure on. It's good that you can wear it in all 3 ways though. Have some rubber ones, which are probably my favourite, just for ease of use. Have a couple of sets of metal ones too. They look best, but I find them the least comfortable.

Get one that fits right and it will obviously keep you rock hard, and a bit bigger than normal probably. Can't see how you can go wrong for a few quid.

Can't say Miss X has ever commented on deriving pleasure from me wearing them, except me obviously being a bit harder than normal.

I don't use them that often really, but they're there in the bedside draw in case.

Buy some and have fun!

19. Stanmeister

Stanmeister Member

I found that cock rings really increase sensation when your balls are played with--that is, if I wear one that goes around the whole package as well as a ring around the dick. The problem with this kind of ring is that the strap reduces the size (length) of your dick, which isn't so good for oral or vaginal sex. But the sensation is remarkable.

20. hot-rod

Gold Member

Use a round rubber ring or a rubber band. They cost nothing and work very well.

Draft saved Draft deleted