Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Kinda off topic but I have a couple of questions. What is the most affective way to wear one? At the base of the shaft or behind the balls? Is it just a personal preference?
Is there a maximum amount of time that you should use it because of possible damage?

azbjbilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have quite a collection of the stainless steel rings and have discovered that they all are pretty bad. They tend to tarnish after a while and can also irritate your skin. UNLESS you get one made of medical grade stainless steel. I got mine from someplace called Sax Leather.

Personally I prefer the fatter rings. The thin ones can become annoying if you get the famous erection that lasts four or more hours...

For variety there is also a wooden cock ring. I think it's made of coconut wood or something similar that is water resistant. Great for going through metal detectors!!! I might have a link to it somewhere if anyone is interested.

B_mature54

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have some silicone, neoprene, and metal cock rings. I even have the Hardware one All cause discomfort if worn for long periods. I think it's due to my ball drawing up so tight, when I wear them. And yes I have tried all sizes but the ones small enough to cause a good erection are painful but the looser ones let my balls pull through when they contract really hard

OpusCock

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My favourite ring is a $2 neoprene ring from the hardware store. It's thick and very soft and has exactly the right size and stretching range for the base of my cock. Feels great and it brings out the beast (..) as shown in these pictures:

http://www.lpsg.org/members/opuscock/albums/cock+shots/557230-protruding-cock-from-webcam.html
http://www.lpsg.org/members/opuscock/albums/white+shirt+session/571333-my-pocket-rocket.html
http://www.lpsg.org/members/opuscock/albums/white+shirt+session/556936-this-ring-does-magic-to.html
http://www.lpsg.org/members/opuscock/albums/glory+hole/588765-perched-and-ringed.html

It can also be used to fuck, as shown here:
http://www.lpsg.org/Video-17134-the-ring.html#watch

However, it's almost impossible to ejaculate wearing this ring, because it squeezes the shaft too tightly.

Bgntall7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm just curious, I bought a fat rubber one and it felt good until I tried to get it off, damn my cock swelled up big time. Still not sure what size to get, my cock is 7 inches long and 5 inches round. I don't want to damage anything

D

deleted814719

I wear both metal (completely closed from hardware store) and rubber (o-ring) cock rings occasionally. I just like the tug or feel of them around my cock and balls. My shaft, balls, and some of my pubic area are shaved so as to avoid getting any hair caught in the ring.

Sometimes I find it difficult to pull my scrotum and testicles through the ring. If my scrotum is tight, I have a heckuva time pulling the whole package through. I've started putting some corn starch on my cock and balls. Seems to help in avoiding any chafing.

hotguy88

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I haven't tried around the balls and just use the cheap silicone ones but I've had sex blowjobs and plenty of orgasms with them on and I usually just wait til the erection goes down a bit to take them off never had an issue

Reactions: Beardon

Galivant

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'll repeat some advice I've offered on similar threads in the past. First off, an adjustable cock ring is a good place to start as you can experiment with how tight a fit you want etc. For a solid ring I always recommend that a guy get an assortment of inexpensive rubber O-rings in the thickest available cross sectional diameter (typically 3/16") from a tractor supply store or industrial supplier. They're dirt cheap, about 20¢ apiece, and work as well as the similar $5 product you'll find at a sex shop. That way you can experiment with getting in and out of a solid ring and know exactly what size you'll want if you go with something fancier and more expensive.

A lot of guys (myself included) find the rubber products to get a little uncomfortable when worn for an extended period of time. That, because the cohesive nature of rubber grabs at the skin and can cause chaffing. And some people can have skin reactions to long term contact with rubber. But a relatively cheap alternative to rubber is to buy Teflon™ O-rings which, of course, are very smooth and slippery so don't cause any chaffing. The Teflon™ O-rings cost a couple dollars apiece, but once you know exactly what size you're looking for (from experimenting with the cheap rubber version) you only have to order a few of them. They can be a little harder to find but you can track them down on the 'net, I got mine from Rocket Seal in Denver (Rocket Seals). I like to gang two or three of them together so's to get the wider effect like some of the high dollar cock rings.

With both types of O-rings, if you ever get into one that is so tight that you can't get it back off, you can safely snip them off with a pair of nippers. The smallest solid cock ring I can get into is one with a 2" i.d. So when I decided to get a heavy stainless steel cock ring I ordered one in a 2-1/8" i.d. just to make damn sure I'd never be stuck in it. Anything you can get into you should be able to get out of, but I figured I didn't want to take any chances with something that solid. And it's tight enough to serve the function.

Cock rings work principally by partially restricting the return flow of blood out of the penis. That makes for a stronger, harder, longer lasting erection. Also by maintaining pressure on the perineum directly behind the scrotum they do add some sexual stimulation to the wearer of the ring, though that no doubt varies from guy to guy. Since the cock ring itself never gets anywhere near the lady's genitals it doesn't directly stimulate her. But a tight fitting ring will definitely increase the penis' girth which can certainly increase the vaginal stimulation. I don't know about glans rings and/or shaft rings (never have used them) but they might well add to vaginal/clitoral stimulation as well.

Very good info and advice,

The Cadillac of Cock Rings, in my opinion, are King Rings @ King Rings - Cock Rings - Crown Your Jewels I personally like their new "basic" style ring
ThunderBoth-02.jpg

I also recommend working up to something like this by buying some less expensive rings to experiment with.