Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ladies,
Have any of you cocktailed at a strip club? If so, what was your experience? I've got a couple interviews lined up for the evening. Money has been more than poor at the restaurant I work at and I'm looking into other options. I've cocktailed/bartended before... but never in a strip club.

Any suggestions/anecdotes?

bigjd69

1st Like
Media
I used to bounce at a strip club(Hustler)in Manhattan. You have to be very flirty and touchy. Also not mind men hitting on you and trying to take you home! Just my .02c

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I figured that but as long as I don't have to be touchy with my mouth... I'm cool with it. Haha. I bet you're in shape, at least it seems to me that most strip-club bouncers are always ripped.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, I went into a strip club a few halloweens ago since a girl friend was in a costume contest. I had never seen anything quite like it. It was a rather nice club, but I didn't want to sit anywhere, I thought it was kind of creepy. I was really surprised that the girls on the floor did body shots and things of that nature. I just couldn't do it, I would be way to nervous and uneasy. Goodluck to you if you do it, I've waited tables before, just not in a gentlemens club.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to be a cocktail waitress at a dance club when I was about your age. I got hit on about once every 5 minutes and the guys seemed to think we were prostitutes, or just outrageously easy sluts. I could never figure out the logic of that because the club was full of women who were scantily dressed but who weren't being paid to be there! Shouldn't they be hitting on those women instead? Anyway, I had to put up with a lot of idiots, but the money was very good. I liked the fact that we had enormous bouncers and if you just didn't like a guy, a couple of them would just throw him out. I always felt safe.

I've only been in a strip club once and the atmosphere was actually a lot calmer and seemed to be much more controlled than in the dance club. The guys were a lot more sober, too, since the drinks cost so much money! I actually think I might have been treated better if I had worked at a strip club instead, but that's not saying much about the strip club, but rather the idiotic notions of a lot of the men who hit on dance club cocktail waitresses.

Your opinion of men may become dramatically lower after a few months. I've always suspected that the reason why so many strippers are lesbians is because they get routinely treated like crap by men nearly every day so that any of them who might be bisexual end up leaning more towards a sexual interest in women, but I have no real evidence to back that up, it's only based upon my observations.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lots of strippers are lesbians? I had no idea, huh. One more reason to go to a strip club someday.

I have a friend who is a lesbian who used to date a stripper and she says that a really high proportion of strippers are lesbians.

DexterMorgan

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I guess I'll throw in my two cents, since I worked in strip clubs for years in several cities in the U.S. First, you can make a lot of money at this (even as a cocktail waitress). It's imperative that you are good at "customer relations"....and I don't mean that in a sexual sense. It's important to be professional and polite. If you have self confidence (not easily intimidated), and can manage your interactions with men (and other women for that matter, you will be expected to maintain good working relationships with other cocktail waitresses/dancers/management), then you can make a surprising amount of money for the number of hours you work.

Also, show up for work on time....hair, makeup, nails, etc need to be done when you show up for your shift. Also, don't let your personal life become an issue in the performance of your job (jealous boyfriends, parents, kids, etc). The club's management has to deal with way too many of those issues already.

You're very attractive....and that's hugely important. If you have the temperament, then you may really enjoy your work (and make great money besides). I would recommend giving it a shot....you'll know within two weeks whether or not it's for you.

Dexter

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I waited tables at a small strip club called Kittens in Atlanta years ago... the tips were great...

1. flirting is good.
2. no touching.
3. show lots of skin.
4. strippers will get pissed if you take money out of their garters...so mind your p's and q's.

I found that 1/3 were straight females, 1/3 were lesbians and 1/3 used to be men.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good news kiddos: I'm very much hired. I had the manager laughing within 5 seconds of meeting me.

The club is very nice, probably the nicest in San Antonio... I start training Wednesday.
Giggity.

Thanks for all your advice, and please... keep it coming (that's what she said).

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good luck.

I think you will do just fine and the high end clubs tend to keep out the riffraff.

Remember, it is in the clubs best interest that everyone have a good time without any trouble.
The high end clubs are able to spend money to see that happens.
Remember a customer who is trouble, not only annoys the waitresses and strippers but also the other customers. That is the big sin which will get them a ticket to the parking lot.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've just tried the outfit on and i feel fat.... I'm not use to being completely bare ass almost.

Little black (boy) shorts, red corset (black push up bra because i desperately need it)....

Perhaps I need to post a picture up of this. I need some HONEST feed back... maybe mama better stick to jobs where her fat ass aint so exposed.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've just tried the outfit on and i feel fat.... I'm not use to being completely bare ass almost.

Little black (boy) shorts, red corset (black push up bra because i desperately need it)....

Perhaps I need to post a picture up of this. I need some HONEST feed back... maybe mama better stick to jobs where her fat ass aint so exposed.

Um, you're not fat at all. :smile:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darling, you'll do just fine as long as you have the right frame of mind. I interviewed for a bartender job at a club in Austin when I was in college (my mid 20's). The owner hired me as a waitress saying I would make more money. I hated it, absolutely hated it. But I did get used to it when I got the right frame of mind. I tried to be too nice to everyone, and that was not the right way to approach things because I was getting beat down so much. Once you're nice to the patrons they think "you want it."

I did that for about six months, and then I got the bartender gig. Yes, my pack was cut by almost a third, but I kept that up for two years. It was much easier to do. I was acting so much against type, too! That was hilarious. I could be a bitch and the guys would love it. I still got hit on a lot behind the bar, but at least I had some room to breath and react appropriately.

A few years back my daughter asked what I would think if she took a job as a cocktail waitress. I told her I would support her 100% and would be there with my shoulder when she's ready to unload. She didn't know what I meant then, but she came to know. Good experience, and good money if you're good at it.

Good luck, Sweetie.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's exactly why the owners hired me. I'm a fire-cracker. I don't take shit from anyone and I can pop a mean joke :). I can't stand people polite/nice which is why I'm tying to get out of the serving industry (as far as restaurants go). Thanks for the advice! I've go-go'd up in Austin a bunch. 6th/5th streets are mean money.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1.) You are not fat
2.) Your ass is not fat
3.) Men like ass.

Some of us more than others
but
none of us want to see
ass bones.