Cody christian

LadyLena

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It won’t happen. All American is targeted as a black show and black people are still very behind on views about same sex relationships. The show Black Lighting played it safer and has a lesbian character and got a lot of backlash. I swore he played gay in Teen Wolf but there were so many fake gay ships with that show I must have got confused
You’re right. It’s definitely weird that black people have more of an issue with the gays then white people(not sure of the ratio though). And I think that that’s strange. Like I said on another thread, you’d think that black people would be more accepting towards gay people considering that they share something in common. Being bullied and ridiculed for just being who they are. So what race and sexuality are different, but are they really? I don’t know. It’s just strange to me. As a queer bi-racial woman it just astounds me how backwards people can be.
shower scenes are usually done with something like bathing shorts. unless there's an ass shot, in that case the actor will have to wear a cocksock
Oh totally. I know all about that. It’s just like they could’ve at least done a better job if he was supposed to be taking a “shower”. Most of the time they usually have the actors like, they are shown from the waist up. And then they have them reach for a towel and then put a towel around them. That would’ve been more susceptible. But this going into the shower with the underwear on and making it visible? I don’t know what they were thinking. At least give us the illusion of him being naked lol.

praisethelourd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You’re right. It’s definitely weird that black people have more of an issue with the gays then white people(not sure of the ratio though). And I think that that’s strange. Like I said on another thread, you’d think that black people would be more accepting towards gay people considering that they share something in common. Being bullied and ridiculed for just being who they are. So what race and sexuality are different, but are they really? I don’t know. It’s just strange to me. As a queer bi-racial woman it just astounds me how backwards people can be.
Yeah but you know that's the thing about minorities and why they stay minorities. We're all so divided when we should be united. It's sad.

praisethelourd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh totally. I know all about that. It’s just like they could’ve at least done a better job if he was supposed to be taking a “shower”. Most of the time they usually have the actors like, they are shown from the waist up. And then they have them reach for a towel and then put a towel around them. That would’ve been more susceptible. But this going into the shower with the underwear on and making it visible? I don’t know what they were thinking. At least give us the illusion of him being naked lol.
Remember when Chad Michael Murray walked down the school hallways with nothing but basketballs covering up his intimate places? Those were the days.

LadyLena

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Remember when Chad Michael Murray walked down the school hallways with nothing but basketballs covering up his intimate places? Those were the days.
Yeah then everyone got scared and censored everything....damn Karen’s and Richards lmao

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Isn’t the cousin character in All American a lesbian?

I said this before, but the episode I want to see is where Cody is teased about his small white dock in the locker room. And Jordan and Spencer step up to protect him by saying size doesn’t matter —- not that Cody isn’t a lot smaller than all of them.

Cody learns the value of friendship, but after the bullies leave, Spencer and Jordan offer some subtle (in Jordan’s case) and not so subtle (in Spencer’s case) size jokes at Cody’s expense that forever stamp his mind as slightly beta.....

next time, on a very special episode of ALL AMERICAN

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never seen anyone wear underwear in the shower. While in HS, no one showered at my school. (PE was not very strenuous and sort of a joke). The jocks might have showered after sports, I don’t know.

I college and above, people just showered or didn’t. But NEVER in underwear.

if swimming, some would shower with their bathing suit on. Either the whole time or right up until the end. Then they would take their suit off to rinse it and wash underneath. So, limiting to just a few moments their time nude.

personally, I think folks should do what’s comfortable for them. On the one hand, it’s a shame that men can’t learn and be taught growing up to be comfortable with themselves and each other. I think that was how it was long ago when genders were kept further apart and spaces felt “male” or “female”. When you had to “bath in the river” with the community of other guys or when everyone served in the military and shared hard living, that made more sense. It’s a shame that those aspects are lost now as other things have changed and improved.

On the other hand, there seem to be so many creeps in the world now that it’s understandable that guys are taught extreme modestly. I don’t think it’s ego protection so much as personal fear. If a guy is so concerned with me being naked in the locker room it might just be because he has bad intentions and wants to creep on me. Otherwise, why would he care so much? He’s there for sports and to work out—improve himself. Not to give interested men a show. For young guys in their prime full of testosterone, it isn’t comfortable to be the “object” like that.

That was the vibe for me growing up. And as far as I know, it’s still how guys generally feel today.

Reactions: flyer84
J

Jwc731

It won’t happen. All American is targeted as a black show and black people are still very behind on views about same sex relationships. The show Black Lighting played it safer and has a lesbian character and got a lot of backlash. I swore he played gay in Teen Wolf but there were so many fake gay ships with that show I must have got confused
If you actually watched the show you'd realize there's been lesbian characters and a lesbian relationship since the first episode

xanthis2001

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I graduated from high school early so I never actually took a gym class with other boys. I took Wellness in college for high school credit. I thought most modern high schools/college gym facilities had added stalls or dividers. Every gym I've ever been a member of had individual stalls in the showers. I just assumed that the open shower was just a Hollywood story trope they were hanging on to, like a character walking into a bar and ordering a beer or whiskey and not having the bartender immediately ask what kind.

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I graduated from high school early so I never actually took a gym class with other boys. I took Wellness in college for high school credit. I thought most modern high schools/college gym facilities had added stalls or dividers. Every gym I've ever been a member of had individual stalls in the showers. I just assumed that the open shower was just a Hollywood story trope they were hanging on to, like a character walking into a bar and ordering a beer or whiskey and not having the bartender immediately ask what kind.
nope. open showers are very much a thing, even outside of the u.s.a

Reactions: Brooksm.92